[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of these video upscalers? What are the pros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (18KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 355x355px
What does /vr/ think of these video upscalers? What are the pros and cons of using them? What are the good brands and models?
>>
posting cause also interested
>>
>>3012531
They tend to trash the colors. Only worth using if you have literally no other choice outside of new hardware.
>>
>>3012545
What do you mean 'trash' the colours? Do they still make analogue signals look better on HDTVs?
>>
>>3012531
by 'these' are you talking about the cheap chinese video upscalers? they suck. you get what you pay for.

>>3012573
Yes, they make the image look better, and yes, the xrgb mini shits on these things.
>>
>>3012645
No, by 'these' I'm talking about video upscaling units. That's why I asked what brands and models are the best. So this 'xrgb mini' is a good make? Does it have SCART input?
>>
>>3012675
oh okay. I'm not shilling or anything, just, I haven't seen an upscaler unit that functions quite like the xrgb mini aka the framemeister.

yes, it has scart input. it makes a goddamn beautiful video signal on hdtv's, I've said this in threads before, but its like going from VHS to blu ray. the amount of detail you gain from the clean signal is astounding.

The unit costs $300, plus another $50 for the required cables. i don't feel like going into specifics on what you need, check out mylifeingaming on youtube
>>
>>3012531
>analog to digital
>all dat lag
>any of them ever being good
honestly the only cheap converters worth buying are rgb to ypbpr, but they won't do any good for a tv that can't handle 240p
>>
>>3012531
I had this scaler before I got the Framemeister. It isn't terrible, but the "ghosting" is the biggest problem with it. When the picture is still, the colors and pixels looks pretty good. As soon as you move, the backgrounds jutter quite a bit.
>>
>>3012774
Yeah but sometimes the ADC of the scaler is faster than the one in the TV or monitor. My Gefen VGA to HDMI scaler certainly does a better job than my TV.
>>
Would I be better offf just using a CRT with component?
>>
>>3013776

If you have the option.
>>
>>3012531

Spend the money and get an XRGB-Mini. All of the other SCART to HDMI converters are shit and a waste of money.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.