[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Transfusion >ZBlood >BloodCM What is the best way to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

File: 24536-blood-dos-other.jpg (63KB, 800x784px) Image search: [Google]
24536-blood-dos-other.jpg
63KB, 800x784px
>Transfusion
>ZBlood
>BloodCM
What is the best way to play Blood? Or should I just play the original?
>>
>>3000656
I've played the original enough times.
Been experimenting with the latest version of BloodCM. It's not too bad. It's not perfect, of course.. but we'll never get a perfect port without the source code.
>>
>>3000705
the original is fine I just hate that I can't mouselook at all. Maybe I'm just used to doom
>>
File: 1381642664056.gif (538KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1381642664056.gif
538KB, 700x600px
>>3000804
Have you tried bmouse? It makes the mouselook much better.
>>
Play the original. BloodCM is the best recreation but that's not saying much because it's still extremely flawed. What I've noticed from playing it a bit is that it's much easier, the enemy aggro ranges are all fucked up, the enemies feel passive in general and the dynamite throwing is all fucked up and too powerful.

What does crouching do when fighting cultists? Seems like it helps you dodge their shots but I'd like to know how it works in more detail. Been trying to play through each of the episodes on one life but the game's kicking my ass. Help me out fellas.
>>
>>3000804
Press U and you can mouselook

Best Blood is: get the original, play through dosbox, press U for mouselook.

You dont even need bmouse.

>>3000970
dont crouch against cultists, throw dynamite using the altfire around corners to blow them up without them even seeing you. That was you take no damage. Do this whenever possible, or bait them into coming closer so you can TNT them in the face, or double shotgun them with both barrels.

You always want cover between you and a living cultist.
>>
>>3000656
Original. Other ones are remakes of very varied quality.
>>
>>3000970
This guys playthrough is excellent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCN0f3Sdv3o&list=PLyHDIqdkjhMiuIUZWNC0kZ1amhgF-FT3b

He uses excellent tactics and if you use some of them too, Blood will suddenly become much more playable. Still tough, but manageable.
>>
File: 1454196966145.gif (841KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1454196966145.gif
841KB, 400x400px
Still waiting for anon to post his premade VM with blood on it
>>
>>3001310
>throw dynamite using the altfire around corners to blow them up without them even seeing you
That's a really boring way to play the game. Anybody can do that. It's a lot more fun to engage cultists head on and see how deep you can go without taking damage.
>>
>>3001505
enjoy getting shot.

I dont find it boring. you'll never get every last one of them with dynamite, always have to engage a few. Some must be dealt with other ways (are too high, etc) so its not a 100% effective solution. Also you dont always remember the placement of every last cultist so sometimes you just run out and get shot
>>
>>3001592
I'd take the odd hit of damage rather than just hiding and throwing dynamite around every corner.
>>
>>3001707
*alt fire dynamite at that, waiting for it to explode

how utterly dull
>>
>>3001809
Stabbing cultists to death with the pitchfork is pretty fun.
TNT is the ultra-safe survivalist way. People like different pacing in games and its cool that blood can provide a variety of this. Either super-safe thief-like pacing or gung-ho doom charge and shoot, or all the combinations in between
>>
>>3001318
I prefer a playthrough without some asshole talking over everything.

Also, this one has every single secret with time stamps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HajvjTLcbog&index=1&list=PL2FBDEFE0C8271013
>>
>>3000804
Doom had native support for mouseturning, what do you mean?

>>3001310
>You always want cover between you and a living cultist.
Absolutely.

You know, someone ought to make a Blood 101 video, something akin to Pro Doom Monster Strats, something that easily explains and showcases important and useful tactics, and how to use an enemy's behavior and quirks against them.
>>
I want to run GOG version of Blood in a dosbox, is this doable?
I want to run RATM mod but the full version of Blood is required.
>>
>>3002554
The GoG version literally already runs in Dosbox.
That's the only way to play original Blood on any kind of modern hardware.
>>
>>3002391
To bad this guy dont make videos anymore.
>>
>>3002609

Yeah, I miss this guy.
All his playthroughs are great and educational if you're looking for secrets.
>>
Fuck me, this game is much harder than Doom and Heretic
>>
>>3001707
>>3001505
I like going half n half
>>
>>3001707
If you're playing through an entire episode in one go you have to do that shit for the more difficult parts to minimize risk. Dying near the end and knowing that you'll have to repeat something like 50 minutes again isn't the most pleasant feeling.
>>
> Have dank new PC

> Blood is choppy on anything higher than 640x480
>>
>>3004839

something if fucky there
>>
>>3002593
as opposed to figuratively running in dosbox?

>>3002619
do you have it set to extra crispy?
>>
I'm still holding out for XL Engine
>>
>>3005116
whats that
>>
>>3005118

Source port for various games (Daggerfall, Dark Forces, Blood, Shadow Warrior) that's been in development forever. It recently started getting updates again so I'm optimistic that it'll finally be released.

Since Blood still doesn't have a source code release, calling it a source port is not really accurate. However, the dev claims to be able to make a source-accurate port of Blood through reverse engineering.
>>
>>3004839
Try different DOSbox settings.

>>3005124
>Source port

No.
>>
>tfw you will never play Blood
>>
>>3005403
Dosbox that shit, son
>>
>>3005124
darkxl is the most ambitious stupid shit ever. Like how do you fucking retards expect an engine to run daggerfall, blood, and dark forces accurately at all? That shit is never going to get finished and if it ever gets to beta out of the alpha build its still going to be shit.
>>
>>3002672
I literally never use alt dynamite throws ever and I can easily go through each episode from start to finish without dying on WD.
>>
>>3006943
You still use regular dynamite a lot in much the same way though don't you? If you don't then congratulations, you're really good at Blood. Give us filthy casuals some advice on how else to efficiently deal with cultists.
>>
For some reason the GoG version just opens a green window
>>
>>3005403
>tfw have an actual retro PC so I can play Blood the way god intended while all you plebeians cry about no source port and mediocre DOSBox emulation
>>
File: 1.jpg (64KB, 1248x489px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
64KB, 1248x489px
i try to run blood in a separat dosbox.

why?

RATM mod
i want to run this mod
how to?
>>
File: 2.jpg (64KB, 1072x585px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
64KB, 1072x585px
>>3010726
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ratm/downloads/ratm-episode-1-new-compact-version
>>
>>3002609
How much you wanna bet that he'll come back after the release of SS4?
>>
File: 41751401.jpg (51KB, 283x425px) Image search: [Google]
41751401.jpg
51KB, 283x425px
Because of all you guys I started playing blood.

This game is great, are there any others like this game? The atmosphere is just amazing.
>>
>>3012032
>This game is great, are there any others like this game?
In the sense of retro FPS design, then yeah... but Blood really is a unique one of a king gem otherwise. You won't really find another game quite like it.
>>
>>3012032
shadow warrior, not the same atmosphere but same solid gameplay.
>>
>>3010731

Why do you want to play an abandoned game mod that was all style and no substance, anon?
>>
http://pastebay.org/index.php/view/76082140

have found a good dosbox config works fine but some mods crashing "no-enemy sprite"
>>
>>3002437
>Blood 101
I know I could use the advice
>>
Fucking GOG, why couldn't they just sell me the raw game data and let me set it up in dosbox myself

There used to be a rip of OUWB on archive.org that worked great but it got taken down
>>
>>3013382
If you're out in the open during a fight, NEVER stand still, frequently take cover when facing cultists.

Ducking and jumping like a madman confuses the cultists, zombies are ideally fought with something that destroys their body, like fire or explosives.
>>
Enjoying this game in short sessions. It's not as addicting and probably not as memorable as DN3D or DOOM, though, at least not yet.
>>
>>3005403
>tfw get mighty dizzy from build engine games
>even watching gameplay videos makes you dizzy
>>
>Sidestepping a zombie's vertical chop or backing out of it's range are both possible.

>It's also possible to kill a zombie using only your pitchfork and without losing any health if you stay conscious of your surroundings and the creature's range. Possible, but not exactly easy.

>Two zombies? FuckShitDamn.gif

>Zombie + Cultist? F9

>In a gunfight, standing out in the open will quickly lead to you getting shot. Getting shot HURTS and can kill you FAST. Meanwhile in modern shooters, player characters can not only stand in the open taking bullets to the face but they will also be at full health a few moments after the shooting stops. They're not even vampires.

Blood is fucking great.
>>
Blood 2 any good?
>>
>>3007248
well here's the last time I played the game. I don't use alt dynamite throws the whole way through and only engage cultists once i've seen them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO4MGt4_S0k
>>
>>3000656
is that a fucking vaginal opening in the middle of the hand?
>>
>>3016161
I believe it's supposed to be a handprint in some sort of red substance.
>>
>>3016161

You need to get laid.
>>
>>3013435
there's a rip of the original files somewhere. your googlefu is weak. it runs great on dosbox. No "set up" needed. Just press U for mouselook
>>
>>3016228

Isozone, I think. It definitely has the GOG copy for free, along with D3D and Shadow Warrior.
>>
What are some good Blood mods besides Death Wish?
>>
>>3005124
Man, XLengine looks theoretically great but I doubt it'll ever be feature complete, the author already abandoned it once due to lack of progress. Have been trying out Bloodcm tonight and it's latest build is pretty stable, even got it working with a controller (don't judge me, I only have a laptop to play it on)
>>
>>3016267
http://blood-wiki.org/index.php/List_of_Mods
>>
File: Capture.png (232KB, 606x679px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
232KB, 606x679px
>>3016267
I think pic related covers the biggest ones which you'll find in this link.

http://www.moddb.com/games/blood/mods

I tried playing some of them but couldn't get some to run while others just kept crashing. Fucking DOSBox shit. Thankfully Death Wish worked out great though.

Btw you won't find a Blood expansion anywhere near as good as Death Wish... or at least I seriously doubt you will. Imo Death Wish is just as good as the original game, if not better, and I really don't say that lightly.
>>
>>3016290
>the author already abandoned it once due to lack of progress.
He didn't quite abandon it. He had IRL issues that forced him to put the project on hold.
>>
>>3016161
Yeah, and the rest is clearly period blood.
>>
>>3016267
>bloody pulp fiction
>>
>>3016085
no
same as postal
>>
>>3016085
Haven't played it but I see mostly mixed and negative opinions.

>>3016161
Have you never seen a handprint before?
>>
>>3016770
What? Postal 2 was fun.
>>
>>3016267
>>3016331
Stay the fuck away from Pulp Fiction.

it is an awful MESS to get it running, only to find out it's shit, average at best.

RATM and French Meat are good, although RATM tends to go overboard with cultists. Though it has a train levels with two trains, and you gotta keep jumping back from one to the other, why the hell didn't I think about that first?!

You will not find a better mod than Death Wish.
>>
2 question about BloodCM, senpaitachi

- how do I change the fov?
-why is there no music playing even though it's on in the options?
>>
How do I stop the game from flickering everytime I get near to a wall?
>>
>>3018012
Changing the FOV is done by editing a CFG file IIRC, as for the music, it worked fine off the bat for me, volume issue maybe?
>>
File: 1455320952948.gif (2MB, 286x210px) Image search: [Google]
1455320952948.gif
2MB, 286x210px
>>3016085
dear god no

no no no no no
>>
>>3018024
>fov
I already ctrl+f'd the .cfg files for a "fov" option but didn't find anything
>music volume
nah
thanks though
>>
>>3016331

As I say every thread- that fucker Bloatoid needs to finish his 1.4 revision. As it is one day I'm gonna tear it apart and try to source it the assets it goddamned well deserves, but it would be nice if I didn't have to touch actual game mechanics at all (I don't wanna fuck it up).
>>
>>3010726
Does regular blood run for you?

It looks like you need to add more ram in your dosbox.conf

>>3010731
Run setup and make sure the sound card IRQ matches the IRQ in your dosbox.conf.
>>
>>3018024
>>3018012
also nevermind for the music, I thought something was broken because there's no background music on "Hallowed Grounds"
still looking for the fov, though.
>>
>>3018089

https://youtu.be/L928CmhAPQY?t=37m9s

That right there is your background music. The only you'll ever ever need....

Isn't it glorious?
>>
>>3018047
it's not good, but its not horrible. If it had a different name people wouldnt hate it so much. I think its worth playing but its not the sequel blood deserves
>>
>>3005096
literally is being used as an intensifier.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.