[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone own a Sega Saturn? I'm thinking about picking one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: SEGATA SANTASHIRO.gif (498KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
SEGATA SANTASHIRO.gif
498KB, 400x300px
Anyone own a Sega Saturn? I'm thinking about picking one up but I know Japanese games are significantly cheaper than American ones, but having a mixed Japanese-American collection triggers my autism. Is there any benefit to owning all American or all Japanese?
>>
Are you retarded? Serious question, being afraid of mixing US and JP libraries is one of the most retarded complaints I ever read around here.
>>
>>2998796
>having a mixed Japanese-American collection triggers my autism

Collect only Japanese games then. You'll be able to get a much bigger library, much cheaper, and 95% of them will come in standard CD or Double CD cases (USA cases were a travesty) - and with colour manual to boot.

Only thing you'll be losing is English text on the maybe ten localized RPGs.
>>
I don't think anyone here owns a saturn. Sorry anon
>>
Collect American.
Do you really want to be a moonfag just because it's cheaper?
Ffs, anon, get the games that came out in your own region like a normal person.
>>
>>2998827
Not OP. The idea of having a mixed region library does trigger my autism a bit. I'd want to get a system from each region I had games for.
>>
>>2998881
I have a mix of US and JP games, and my console is a US model 2 but I use a JP controller.

Triggers anyone?
>>
>>2998884
OP here, not really. Different strokes for different folks. Nice try though.
>>
File: P1010310_zpsd1baf4fd.jpg (106KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
P1010310_zpsd1baf4fd.jpg
106KB, 1024x768px
>>2998874
>I don't think anyone here owns a saturn.

Good thing then, that some of us own a Saturn for anyone here who doesn't.
>>
File: 1437881259435.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1437881259435.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
Just got my first Saturn this weekend. Bought a $4 copy of Myst and a stack of CD-Rs. Action Replay came in the mail today. I'm so excited I don't even know where to start. Might even play Myst.
>>
>>2998935

Shieeeeet congrats braw
>>
Dont do the swap trick, it will damage the motor
>>
>>2998796

Saturn is inherently region-locked

If you speak Moon well there is no reason to get an American Saturn.
>>
>>2998993
You can purchase action replays or other carts that bypass the region-lock.
>>
Do the swap trick my nigga. It's a special kind of thrill when you have to watch the disc and swap it out quickly to get it working. More fun than most of the games that were released for the Saturn.
>>
>>2998796
Most of the Saturn's best games are arcade games. You don't need to know Japanese. Just import all the way.
>>
>>2998976
After how many swaps do you think it'll start to develop wear?
>>
>>2999621
Sakura Wars and Shining Force III Scenario 2 and 3 says hi.
>>
>>2998796
You should buy american only. You get the games in english and shipping + effort is making japanese games much more expensive than you think.
>>
>>3000109
I always see Sakura Wars recommendations from people who cant speak or read moon. How did they play it?
>>
>>2998796

I've got a US Saturn with Modchip. Supposedly can play Japanese and Copies. Haven't used it much.

Probably worth it to just get the Japanese system if you want all the good shooters.

Only reason to get US is to play the Working Designs RPGs. I don't know, did Sega make a good RPG?

Saturn, make video games Great again.
>>
>>2998863
USA cases are sick. Made me super jealous as a kid because my SNES and PC games didn't come in cases half as rad.
>>
get the US one and get over your autism. there were a lot of US ports, and at least one memory/RAM/hacking cart allows you to play japanese imports. there are no downsides. you can even get US systems with the japanese-style controllers
>>
>>3001708
did a search: it's called the Action Replay. Once I bought it, it never left my Saturn. in fact, it's probably still plugged in.

doesn't play burned games, though. which sucks, because there are a shitload of Saturn games that are hideously expensive, these days.
>>
>>2998976
>Dont do the swap trick, it will damage the motor

This is a false urban legend.
>>
>>2998796
If you don't get Japanese games you'll miss out on a lot of good games. But someone who can't learn to mix games is certainly incapable of learning Japanese so you're fucked. Stick to angry birds.
>>
>>3001729

You can turn your action-replay cart into a pseudo saturn cart that will let you play backups, japanese/euro games and use the 1MB/4MB extra RAM.

You will lose the memory backup but anyway the action replay it's not too reliable for memory backup, you're better off saving to the internal console memory and buying an official memory cart to backup the saves.
>>
>>3001741
How is it false? Genuinely curious. Stopping the disc while it spins over and over seems like it would do some damage over time, especially if you're bad at it.
>>
>>3002331
A kid on the internet said so. What more proof could you need?
>>
>>2998935
>>I might even play myst

Easy there anon, lets not do anything we might regret.
>>
>>3002331
>Stopping the disc while it spins

you've never done the swap trick.
>>
>>3003341
>i've never done the swap trick before
FTFYK. The disc doesn't have time to spin down between every swap.
>>
>>3000109
Sakura Wars is the best Saturn game.
>>
>>3003341
You're right, I haven't. Have a model 2 and an action replay so I'm going to go the pseudo saturn route anyway.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.