[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any genuinely good options for DOS emulation on a handheld

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: MotoQ.jpg (34KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
MotoQ.jpg
34KB, 250x348px
Are there any genuinely good options for DOS emulation on a handheld device? A graphical frontend would be ideal, but it's not a huge deal if I have to plug it in and set everything up via command line at a computer.

There are hundreds upon hundreds of hours of old RPGs I'd love to be able to pick up and play anytime, from Exile: Escape from the Pit to Wizardry. Not to mention platformers that I'd much rather play with a controller than a keyboard if possible. I don't really care about being able to emulate other games on it.
>>
>>2997947
>from Exile: Escape from the Pit to Wizardry.
Exile is a Mac OS and Windows game series. You generally want keyboard and mouse for it.
The IBM port of Wizardry is crap, play the SFC or PS1 port if you don't have a keyboard.
>>
>>2997986
Oh, I only played the Avernum remake of Exile and assumed the original was DOS based on graphics. Whoops.
>>
UMPCs with Windows 98 installed in native mode?
>>
>>2997947
>emulation
Not really. You do better off with a small PC like a palm top.
>>
>>2997947
DOSBox Turbo on Android. Mouse driven games like Burntime would work especially well. You can run Win3 in DOSBox.

Also Avernum sucked, Exile was way better. Avadon is good too.
>>
File: header.jpg (48KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
48KB, 460x215px
Would it be possible to get Fallout working on my android?
>>
>>2999748
Did you even try?
>>
>>2999748
Yes if you have enough processing power.
Also Eltechs sells some Wine-like alternative for Android that runs M&M6-8 and Fallout 1/2 pretty damn well even on weak devices , but they have retarded buisness model - they sell control schemes optimised for each game individually.
>>
File: Front_1920.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Front_1920.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
One of these things would be perfect, and it's even real hardware instead of emulated, but they're expensive as shit.
>>
>>3000150
fuck i wanna pepsi now
>>
you could get Fujitsu f07c or something like that
>>
>>2997947
Well, the Dragonbox Pyra is coming soon, but it's kind of for the enthusiasts of the enthusiasts given that because it's not from China and runs Debian it's going to be expensive as hell.
>>
>>3000150
God damn, that is sexy. But I'm not coughing up over $2000 for it.

Is there anything similar but cheaper? I mean, I'm trying to run shit from literally 20 years ago here.
>>
>>3000443
went on ebay and they're like 100 to 200 bucks
>>
>>2997947
DOSBox for android is permanently in Beta AFAIK. SCUMMVM is okay but touchscreen controls suck for pixelhunting.
>>
>>3000547
Oh, that's not too bad.
>>
Hoa is the dosbox port on the PSP?
>>
The blackberry classic would be a perfect dosbox machine if it had any good support. It has enough special switches to reasonably map function keys and also has both a trackpad and a touchscreen. Alas it's an android world these days.
>>
>>3002504
Won't do. BBs have worse processing power than most android $200/- phones. I imagine it's only good for emulating 8bit consoles and MAYBE a few 16bit games.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.