[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a Playstation and PsOne, and decided I want to play backups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: playstations.jpg (68KB, 1000x730px) Image search: [Google]
playstations.jpg
68KB, 1000x730px
I have a Playstation and PsOne, and decided I want to play backups and imports since my toaster laptop sucks at emulation. I have a few questions though.

1. How hard will a modchip be to install for someone who has never soldered before?

2. Is there a reason to get one for my Playstation instead of my PsOne or vice versa?

3. Will playing cd-r's absolutely rape the lasers, or are there optimized backups like the Dreamcast?

Thanks guys.
>>
if you get the PSX instead of the PS1, it'll be easier to balance it on it's side when it fails to read disks properly.
>>
File: psx.jpg (12KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
psx.jpg
12KB, 360x360px
>>2941669
I don't have a PSX.
>>
Bump for interest.

Recently picked up the phone/mini screen combo and I love it. Makes those hideously aged graphics look delightful.

Explain us modchaps.
>>
>>2941672

What a shame, you should get one, it has plenty of good games.
>>
File: ps1gameshark22.jpg (102KB, 750x622px) Image search: [Google]
ps1gameshark22.jpg
102KB, 750x622px
>>
>>2941958
Sigh... Is this going to be one of *those* threads?
>>
>>2941628
I never modded one myself, but as far as i know it's pretty hard.
The modchip comes with an instruction, but these instructions most likely never fit.
You can be lucky that the modchip will work with 4 wires only, but you can be unlucky and need like 15 wires.
>>
>>2942394
Is it true you can use this to load backups of you tape down the lid sensor, boot with a real game, and swap with a backup?

I read that some cheat carts even stop the disc from spinning, making the swap easier and better than trying to swap a spinning disk.
>>
>>2942490
Original Playstation: PSX/PS1
PSone: PSX slim/PS1 slim
PSX: PSXDVR
>>
>>2942490
Not if you ignore these types of retards.
>>
>>2943194
Some stop the disc spinning and some don't, but the majority have a music player option where you can just press pause and it'll stop the disc spinning
>>
>>2943249
Awesome. Sounds like that'll work just fine. I think that's how my cousin did it in the late 90's. Appreciate the info, anon.
>>
>>2942509
>I never modded one myself, but as far as i know it's pretty hard.
Speaking as someone who managed to mod a PS1 slim with one of these things yesterday, it really isn't that hard to pull off nor does it require like 8 or 10,000 wires (at most, you would only need about 8 kynars). Some soldering experience is recommended though.

>The modchip comes with an instruction, but these instructions most likely never fit.
Probably because one didn't check his PS1's model number.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.