[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i threw out box+manual+etc. as a kid because i felt it was like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

i threw out box+manual+etc. as a kid because i felt it was like the packaging for my action figures. just open it and toss it i don't need the box anymore.

fuck.
>>
Thing is megadrive games aren't worth that much even if you had kept the box. Sega is just that much of a failure.
>>
>>2928540
Me too. Zero regrets though. And I still do it when I buy new games now.
>>
Never threw away the boxes/manuals.
Never knew anyone who did either.
Didn't even know that was a thing until I started browsing internet in the early 00's
>>
>>2928540
I kept the boxes for most of my toys.

It triggers my autism now that my nephew plays with them and smashes the boxes.
>>
>>2928540
Never understood this. I kept every box and manual I ever got. Unfortunately I had a Genesis as a kid instead of a SNES, so those boxes aren't worth much. The only game I ever bought cheap that has since gained significant value is Cubivore.
>>
>>2928540
I kept all my snes boxes and manuals, but never put the games back in the box after opening, I used a little cd shelf for all my games. I still don't know what happened to that snes, my mom probably gave it to one of the kids in her Sunday school class after I moved out
>>
I kept all the boxes and manuals for my games. My friends kept theirs but they had a habit of leaving games out of the cases or even putting disks into multi-storage cases. Eventually though, my parents would make me sell my old consoles. Once I got old enough to buy my own games I stopped selling the old stuff and kept it all. Now I've been recollecting old stuff but it's hard/expensive to find games with cases and manuals in real good condition, so when I get a game in good condition, I just buy a replacement case from RetroGameCases.com. The quality on the cases is okay, but not perfect. It's still better looking on shelves than just loose carts.
>>
>>2928540
Fuck Nintendo for using cardboard boxes. Nobody kept that shit. Especially dumb 90s moms.
>>
>>2928725
>caring this much about not having a box for your 20 year old game.

Collectors are a sad lot.
>>
>>2928736
Boxes and manuals just look nice and complete the package. I dont collect stupid shit or pay ebay prices.
>>
File: 1441575767400.jpg (56KB, 358x429px) Image search: [Google]
1441575767400.jpg
56KB, 358x429px
I have my Genesis boxes but not my N64 boxes. For all my CD based games that originally came with their case I still have the case. What was up with Nintendo and selling their games in a low quality box? Stop putting them in cardboard and put them in something sturdier.
>>
>>2928540
My mother kept all my video game boxes hidden away after I took the games out and put them in my cd binder thing. She is a hero.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 400x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 400x401px
I kept them, ended up throwing out boxes for space reasons, oh well. Not like it matters not gonna resell or whatever anyways.

Was anyone else here one of those kids who would read the whole manual before getting into the game?

>be me
>open box and reading manual on the way home
>get home
>continue reading
>sit in the car 15-20 minutes until whole manual red
mein autism
>>
File: 1347674150759.jpg (40KB, 510x384px) Image search: [Google]
1347674150759.jpg
40KB, 510x384px
the only boxes I threw away were for n64.

they were designed to be utterly useless.
>>
>>2928558
>and smashes the boxes
What a little shit.
>>
>>2928725
>Especially dumb 90's moms

Yup, my parents chucked all mine out as well.
>>
File: 1445151775181.jpg (90KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
1445151775181.jpg
90KB, 600x411px
>>2928540
I don't mind card based games not having their box. What drives me up the wall is all those Saturn and PS1 games that have the case missing. Bonus points if it's a multi disc game missing a disc as well.
>>
>>2928540
I almost always threw out cardboard game boxes, but not the plastic Genesis boxes. I was so annoyed when they switched to cardboard.

>>2928725
I don't see the point in owning the box for an SNES game. They're all just cardboard, and the little covers they came with did the trick of keeping foreign matter off the pins.
>>
>>2928540
Always kept my toys boxes, mainly because of the pictures of them.
Cousins destroyed the boxes as soon as they had a new toy on their hands.

Live in shitty country where you can't really find original games so all my NES, Genesis and Playstation games didn't have a box.
Didn't even know that boxes and manuals were a thing until I got internet in 2005.
>>
What's stupid is that cardboard boxes are now worth more because they're rare which is because they were never designed to be kept in the first place.
>>
>>2928540
I had the same problem, it never even occurred to me to hang on to the things, though in my defense they were made of cheap cardboard.
>>
I never threw them out but my parents did.
>>
>>2928545
Why are Nintendo super fans like this?
>>
>>2928775
I always looked at games as just games. I've never wanted to display or show them off so having a nice looking complete package doesn't mean anything. I can fit way more carts on their own into a small box than I can if they have the packaging they came in.
>>
>>2928540
Well that's pretty retarded. Genesis cases were obviously made to be used to keep the carts in. I bet you have a book full of scratched worthless CDs as well.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.