[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't seen VGA slamming on here in a bit so here you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: s-l1600.jpg (131KB, 928x900px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
131KB, 928x900px
Haven't seen VGA slamming on here in a bit so here you go. VGA graded a repro of an unreleased game as an authentic prototype.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-ATARI-800-XL-XE-SUPER-PAC-MAN-PROTOTYPE-GAME-CARTRIDGE-VGA-NG-CERTIFICATE-/141834394587?hash=item2105fd1bdb:g:7voAAOSwAKxWUPC9
>>
>link to ebay
>only claim that it is a repro is your post

>expect me to be up in arms
>>
>>2925832
I'm not sure where you are getting your info from, but there is no reason to infer that is a reproduction cart. Please point out to me how this is anything but a prototype cart. Also being that it is a prototype is the reason why it's so expensive.
>>
>>2925832
It would be nice if you could back up your claim OP.

That being said, VGA does kind of suck. Sealing a game in an acrylic case like some kind of art piece is the stupidest thing you could do to it, and instantly drops its value to $0 for me. I buy games so I can play with them (and read the manuals), not so they can sit in permanent stasis on my shelf. I also don't care about factory sealed games at all, because again, I'm just going to have to tear the shrinkwrap off to play it. I do like my game boxes to be in general good condition, though.
>>
Can't someone just shrinkwrap a copy of some dollar game into a box of chrono trigger or something?

I mean what are they gonna do, break the seal to check what's in there?
>>
>>2926689
Weight comparison and progressive xray with false coloring, bud.
>>
>>2925883
>>2925884
>>2925892
Not OP, but I'm not entirely sure myself. From the auction, the picture of the back of the cart looks legit, but this would be the first time I've seen a prototype Atari 800 cart with a graphical label, or with "prototype" printed on it. Then again, most of the Super Pacman 800 repros have better labels than that. The sad part is, being sealed in that case, you have to take the word of the VGA idiots that the internals are legit and not a repro. I'm not entirely sure I can trust them to handle that.
>>
>>2926689
I'm sure I read somewhere that they do in fact open up boxes to verify the content, but I couldn't give you source and don't care to look for one. Absolutely mint games are way too much of a collectors piece, even as someone who frequently buys new old stock.
>>
File: 20160119_023601.jpg (803KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160119_023601.jpg
803KB, 2048x1152px
I have one myself. I got it when I used to work at a retro game store. They are rare but I have seen others on ebay. My boss and I think they are repros. He really knows his atari shit and he has a lot of legit prototypes.
>>
File: 20160119_023936.jpg (586KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160119_023936.jpg
586KB, 2048x1152px
>>2927448
Here's the top of it. It has a crappy label covering the <<left cartridge normally on top of the metal carts.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.