[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admit it /vr. You've smashed a controller in anger before.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 16

File: broken-ps3-controller.jpg (106KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
broken-ps3-controller.jpg
106KB, 640x453px
Admit it /vr. You've smashed a controller in anger before. What made you do it?
>>
>>2905063

>Shoulder charge, shoulder charge, shoulder charge. HAHAHAHA. You will never win. Smash.
>>
>>2905063
I did when I was a teenager but I snapped out of it when I threw a controller causing it to bounce off the wall and right into my face.
>>
Perhaps, if I did I don't remember it seeing as it was 20+ years ago.
I'm not a fucking child anymore who throws a tantrum when I lose in a game.
>>
Never did it really, almost broke a chair once though.

But my friend literally throwed his PS1 from the 5th floor because a game wasn't working.
>>
Never in my life have I been retarded enough to destroy my own possessions out of anger.
>>
>>2905092
This
>>
>>2905063
I've never smashed a controller out of anger, but I did take an SNES controller apart in an attempt to fix it, and made things even worse.
>>
File: Marionette-idle.png (18KB, 109x184px) Image search: [Google]
Marionette-idle.png
18KB, 109x184px
>>2905063
Marionette in Shining Force 1. I swear to God that fucker has hacked evasion.
>>
>>2905084
>But my friend literally throwed his PS1 from the 5th floor because a game wasn't working.
I wonder why.
>>
File: casablanca_1.jpg (113KB, 976x720px) Image search: [Google]
casablanca_1.jpg
113KB, 976x720px
>>2905081
BUT YOU WERE ONCE, YOU FUN HATING ASSHOLE, WAY TO MISS THE POINT, FITE ME IRL SAY IT TO MY FACE NOT ONLINE SEE WHAT HAPEN
>>
>>2905063
I only dropped a controller in despair, and it was with famiclone controller.
>>
>>2905157
If anyone is a fun hating asshole it's the guy who takes video games so seriously he starts tearing the house down the moment he loses.
>>
>>2905063
No, but I did ferociouslybite my Gameboy after wasting something like 30 pokèballs on a Zapdos.
>>
>>2905173
>>
>>2905184
What the fuck
>>
File: MGS1_Snake_interrogation.png (249KB, 791x429px) Image search: [Google]
MGS1_Snake_interrogation.png
249KB, 791x429px
>>2905063
Never. I can't even remember being actually angry at a game. Whenever one starts annoying me at all I just drop it and do something else.

The closest I came was wrecking an old crappy controller by using a palm sander on it to act as a turbo button to get through the MGS torture scene on Extreme.
>>
I'm sorry but I don't have anger issues
Also I was poor back when I was a kid so I knew if I did break anything it would be a serious setback
>>
I'm kind of a stoic guy... games are fun, even if it's very challenging.

Best not to lose it over such trivial things.
>>
Maaaaaaan

Whatever Dragon Ball Z game for the ps2 it was that I was fighting Kid Buu with Gohan.

I straight grabbed the cord and slammed the controller against the floor. Probably the one and only time I got really heated playing some shit.
>>
>>2905063
I've thrown or hit controllers before, but I've never been strong enough to actually break them. When I was young they were like the NES controller, or the SNES controller, or the saturn, ps1, and n64. The only piece of any of those controllers that was even remotely fragile was the joystick on the n64 and I never tried to pinch and pull that thing in anger.

By the time actually fragile controllers like the Nintendo Wiimote came out, I wasn't a child who would throw shit anymore, so there you go.
>>
never, but I've seen them broke in half, and lost friends over street fighter. Maybe starfox and that bond game too. lol
>>
>>2905339
Probably Tenkaichi. The survival fights in that game were pretty damn tough.
>>
I made my cousin pissed off enough to smash his. We were playing DB Raging Blast and I beat 5 of his guys in a team fight as Zarbon. It was hilarious. For me.
>>
No, but I did smash my Game Boy. Fuck you, Kirby's Block Ball...
>>
I've never thrown a controller before. I'm not fucking autistic and I don't get "mad" at videogames, it's literally a fucking game
>>
When I was little I sat sideways in a loveseat/couch thing when I played snes games (most memorably, DKC3) and would always push on the side really hard with my legs. Ended up fucking the frame up really bad over time; we ended up replacing it.

Haven't broken any controllers, though.
>>
>>2905317
>by using a palm sander on it to act as a turbo button

Why didn't you just place claymore mines around where the guards sneak behind you after defeating Sniper Wolf to bypass the torture sequence?
>>
>>2905317
>palm sander
holy shit lol
>>
I broke my game gear when playing Sonic the Hedgehog two when I was a boy.
>>
i tard raged once and smashed the shit out of my ps3 controller on the arm of my chair when i was playing re4 and super slavador cutted my head off then i took the peices and stomped on them until it was a big broke pile of shit and then i felt real bad abot it lmao :D and i broke the screen on two gameboys when i was a dumb little kid i still have them and use them for parts now so it's ok. so the morel of the story is dont be a spergmonkey and break your things and you will feel better ok
>>
>>2905063
Super Punch Out Rick Bruiser made me destroy my sweet ass SN Pro Pad, immediate regret and shame set in after throwing it.

That one Li Long Edge Master mode fight in Soul Edge were it's six enemies in a row with almost no regen between fights made me bust up a PS1 pad. I don't think i've thrown a controller after that, ever.
>>
I broke the trigger on an arcade machine before. But that was from trying to rapid fire really fast in House of the Dead.

Also broke the shit out of the shifter in that f355 challenge arcade sit down one time too.

The older arcade games always seem more robust to me. Never broke unless you were an idiot and did it on purpose.

Never been dumb enough to break something on my console intentionally.
>>
>>2905063
I've broken approximately 10 PS3 controllers between 2009-2013. I've broken many SNES, Genesis, and N64 controllers growing up. Its just part of it
>>
>>2905635
Oh my, why so many?
>>
>>2905092
/thread
>>
>>2905640
I just get so pissed on certain multiplayer games. I haven't broken one in like 2 years though, so thats good.
>>
Last week i was in my bed playing rocket league in my laptop, so anyways, my teammate scored an own goal in a very competitive game, so i raged at his stupidity and threw a punch to the edge of the bed besides me so i could hit something that would not break and still let go of my rage, unfortunately my cell phone was there and i ended up breaking the glass.
>>
>>2905661
You're not mature enough to play competitive games, son.
>>
>muh emotional problems
This thread.
>>
>>2905581
>when I was a boy.
So you're a girl now?
>>
I tore open the back of a ps1 controller because a screw on the back was rusted to hell. I just wanted it for parts.

But I wasn't a terrible child. Pretty much the same as >>2905319
>>
File: 1448138703923.gif (788KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1448138703923.gif
788KB, 360x240px
>>2905063
Being a fucking man-child who let vidya get to him at one time.

That and:
NetHack+StarCraft (hurt some keyboards and a screen)
Tetris Attack (Aiming for 99999 in 4 min on endless)
Ikaruga (Arguably ret, tho I played on the Playcube and not on the DC)
Soul Calibur 2 (Not ret, tho I play a lot of old games using PS2 sticks)
Ninja Gaiden (Not ret, tho I must have been pissed because the old xbox controllers where beasts)

I'm past getting angry at games. Such destructive impulsiveness made me feel really bad afterwards Not to mention controllers are fucking expensive. If you get that emotionally into a game, it's time to put it down for a while and cool off. Games are supposed to be fun, not infuriating.
>>
RE:2 Perfect one sitting run, no save, going for highest rank. Died in the fucking train. A stupid stupid death. Entirely my fault. I ripped/twisted my ps1 controller in half and never played re:2 again. Cant remember why, but also put a snes contoller through a wall by accident, random bounce after pelting it at a concrete floor. Zero damage to snes control. Not even a scratch. Best controller ever.
>>
I've never broken a controller in anger.

I broke one playing God of War 2 on Titan Difficulty.

I vowed never to play the series ever again. I still can't stand arbitrary mashing for the sake of mashing.
>>
The memes are real, I destroyed many a N64 controllers doing rotate-the-stick style minigames.
>>
Smashing controllers sounds unnecessary and over the top.

Twisting it in your hand until you hear it creak is where it's at.
>>
>>2905063
I can't say that I have.
>>
File: pose.png (563KB, 1161x1278px) Image search: [Google]
pose.png
563KB, 1161x1278px
Literally never, because I don't have anger issues.
>>
>>2905063
I've never broke a /vr/ controller but I did smash an Xplorer. Most of it still works but the whammy bar and tilt senor are busted.
>>
I've never broken anything on purpose. Which is to say I've never made a motion to smash or throw one. I used to grip them really tight when I was frustrated and accidentally crunched one.
>>
>>2905395
yet you're mad at a comment in a forum
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I was playing WWF Warzone and my uncle beat me by slapping the controller out of my hand for the third time of the hour so once he was done and left, I put "his controller" in front of our bulldog at the time who loved gnawing on the things.
>>
File: 1450734918617.jpg (451KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1450734918617.jpg
451KB, 1000x750px
Playing SMB2 on the first model GBA in the backseat of a car when I was about 7, got so mad that I headbutted the screen and it broke instantly and had a big black spot.

Had an original DS and was playing the first legend of Zelda when I was 10, got so mad that I slammed the DS shut, when it didn't break I slammed it shut until the screen broke.

Playing Pokemon emerald on a different DS that I can't remember how I broke that had the top screen broken as well, was at the competition part and kept losing so I snapped the DS in half, the bottom part kept working and I was playing Pokemon on a lower half of a DS for a few weeks.

I've broken countless controllers and can't even remember how except a few, one was Halo 2 online, twice, about four Gamecube controllers, can't think of anything else but I'm almost positive there's more.

I have no defense and I've still never beat the original Zelda.
>>
I never broke a controller once, but one time I was playing such a shitty, frustrating game that I got so pissed that I actually bit the cartridge with my teeth, ripped it out of my sega genesis, and spat it across the room into my living room wall.
>>
>>2907069
>so mad that I headbutted the screen and it broke instantly
is that because you had a tard helmet? you seem like you would have needed one
>>
>>2905076
>tfw spend whole your childhood in the asylum with soft walls
>>
>>2907069
Wow to break a original gba you really need a lot of force. There is even a little gap between the actual screen and the transparent plastic.
>>
I always laugh at how Arino told the story of his and his brother's shared Gameboy Pocket and his brother gave it the peoples elbow for no apparent reason.
>>
>>2907074
absolutely feral
>>
>>2905063
The controller stopped working for good and gave me tons of problems beforehand so it was more of an Office Space moment. I'm not retarded enough to break anything that's still working.
>>
Never smashed a controller, threw a rubik's cube against the wall once. It shattered into tons of tiny blocks.
>>
I never break anything. I used to punch things that I knew wouldn't break like a table, but I don't anymore. I once punched a hole in a shitty IKEA table, because I overestimated it's quality.

I do however curse, bitch and scream loudly when I work my way through a frustrating game. I'm 26.
>>
I was a poor kid, so I knew better not to be a retard. If I broke something, I wasn't gonna get another.
>>
>>2905063
while playing Test Drive 5, broke a joystick because a poor framerate made me lose a difficult race i was otherwise winning

that's what i get for playing 3D video games on an S3 ViRGE
>>
>>2907065
>my uncle beat me by slapping the controller out of my hand
What a cunt.

I'd say you were in the right, but considering you said "his controller" it was probably your own.
I would've just punched that cunt.
>>
>>2905557
>Why didn't you just place claymore mines around where the guards sneak behind you after defeating Sniper Wolf to bypass the torture sequence?

Woah, what?
>>
>>2905063
No but I've wanted to on very few occasions.
>>
>>2905557

say wat
>>
>>2905563
It destroyed the button, but worked wonders!
>>
>>2905092
Same.

Used to visit a friend who slammed his controller against the bed and had tape around the cable from where he'd ripped it open with his teeth. All in anger of course. It was disturbing.
>>
>>2905341
the wiimote is a beast tho.
>>
>>2905635
>implying that that's normal behavior

U should see a therapist, anon.
>>
I sometimes squeeze and twist the controllers in my hands very hard when playing difficult games, usually if I'm stuck at a cheater boss in a fighting game or if I lose an hour on SMT or something

SNES controllers are a bit easy to break that way, and I've cracked the casings on PS2 controllers

Sega pads are usually pretty tough though, unless you strike them on the edge and they split
>>
File: Awesome_Possum_cover.jpg (180KB, 280x397px) Image search: [Google]
Awesome_Possum_cover.jpg
180KB, 280x397px
>>2907175
Thats the last time I played Awesome Possum
>>
File: antigravity retard.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
antigravity retard.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>2908180
>normal behavior
Do you have the slightest idea where you are?
>>
>>2908285
very much so. this is easily one of the more well-adjusted boards on 4chan, so posts like that are particularly disturbing.
>>
Not over Retro Games. People really overrate the difficulty of a lot of older games by a wide margin. Not that hard when you're a adult and understand a wider variety of gameplay concepts, combos, item usage, etc..

Only destroyed a controller over Soul Calibur 2, a competitive game.
>>
>>2908332
>People really overrate the difficulty of a lot of older games by a wide margin. Not that hard when you're a adult and understand a wider variety of gameplay concepts, combos, item usage, etc..
Fucking this
>>
>>2908332
>People really overrate the difficulty of a lot of older games by a wide margin.
not really, given newer games keep on being *designed* to be easy to finish
>>
File: v3SmjzO.jpg (81KB, 1600x811px) Image search: [Google]
v3SmjzO.jpg
81KB, 1600x811px
>>2905063

>Christmas 2000
>be 15
>dirty bug-head cousins from Louisiana visiting our family for the Holidays
>grandparents love to dote on them because they're poor, uneducated and have little themselves
>i get a card from them, they get a Nintendo 64 with Super Smash Bros.
>cousins (14 and 12) are crowing about their great present and laughing at what they got me
>mockingly invite me to play video game
>really pissed, but also really want to play
>start cleaning house as Link
>older cousin gets pissed at losing a bunch and switches to Kirby
>apparently he's played this at friends' houses before
>Kirby vacuums me in, flies low, spits me out, flies up
>this successfully kills me over and over
>cousins, with their soft brown teeth are howling in laughter
>already pissed about the gift favoritism, now their laughter has me boiling
>go to take Kirby myself and do it back to them
>fail
>they laugh harder, lice springing around their scalps, flakes of rotting teeth spraying everywhere
>get owned again
>and again
>and again
>vision turns red and crack controller against cousin's head, shattering it
>this sound like a wounded pig comes out "WHEEEE! WHEEEEEEEEE!"
>parents come flying in and beat the shit out of me
>buy him a new controller and video game to apologize
>still feel the satisfaction when that controller connected nearly 20 years later
>>
>>2910253
bro you're holding onto a lot of anger about that.
>>
I have only smashed a mous, and it's not retro.

I smashed it because the niggers at Hirez kept nerfing the wrong classes in Tribes: Ascend.

A wonderful game ruined by suddenly incompetent developers.
>>
>>2911023

Mouse *

Swear to fucking god I will smash a phone with touch screen one day too
>>
File: SpawnBoxShotSNES.jpg (50KB, 373x266px) Image search: [Google]
SpawnBoxShotSNES.jpg
50KB, 373x266px
I can't believe I let such a shit game get to me.
>>
>>2910253

People who get pissed when they lose AND cocky when they win, should all be put in mental hospitals, because they have no business living among normal people.
>>
None. My strength was too weak.
>>
>>2908327
>this is easily one of the more well-adjusted boards on 4chan

HA
HA
HAHAHA

Don't be fooled by this being a slow board (so less shitposting throughput). The people here are mostly shitters.
>>
Never have broken a controller, almost have broken a nonretro one but yeah that doesn't count cause fuck multiplayer online games. Usually when a game frustrates me, I'll usually put it down and take a small break and try again, and if I can't pass the point I couldn't before, I put it down for the night.

>>2911036
How good is the game? I thought the DC one was interesting. Never read the comic, but yeah. Only reason I'm asking is cause I've heard the DC one is the best and that the rest are shit.
>>
I never

But my dad and his brothers (40+) do and have tantrums and shit playing Soccer video games.
When they had the ps1 one of them throw the controller to the flor and it bounced back to his hands.
Sometimes they took off the disc and started jumping on it
Recently one of my uncles punched the door and left a fist mark.

Goddam i hate them
>>
>>2911048
>doom babbies xDDDDDD
lol ok
>>
>>2911015
Objectively, I realize that my cousins were dirt-poor and that their constant taunting about how my grandparents constantly favored them was just them 'enjoying the moment' since they'd go back to their dingy swamp house in DeQuincy and shit in a literal outhouse. But when you're a kid it's hard not to focus on the rejection of being consistently passed over by family members or to be the bigger man when someone's ridiculing you.
>>
I've never broken a controller in my life.
>>
>>2911048
Agreed
>>
>>2907069
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2905092
This. You're a brat OP.
>>
>>2905184
Ah, my little cousin was about 8-10 at the time and when losing he used to bite his SNES controller. You could even see bite marks on the plastic.

I'm no better than him, as a kid I used to smash my Master System controller and as a result the d-pad came off. And I still get mad at games sometimes, from sulking when friends kick my ass or raging when I lose while playing online games.
I wish I could keep calm, but I have difficulties dealing with failure and I admire the many people in this thread that keep their composure.
>>
File: Microprose_Soccer_Coverart.png (174KB, 256x350px) Image search: [Google]
Microprose_Soccer_Coverart.png
174KB, 256x350px
I got frustrated once by this kickball game so much that I threw my joystick into floor. It did some damage. Maybe I did something similar before, but don't remember which game.

Given the overall quality of joysticks I had I can't tell what was actual wear&tear and what was my angst.
>>
not retro but i spiked my controller into the floor when i was playing Siren Blood Curse on ps3 and it pretty much exploded, because when you're being chased the games frame rate drops down to about 4-5
>>
>>2908327

But this is a board for 40 something bastards who fail in life like me. Although bestly written than the junior boards :D
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.