[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Mega drive games so cheap, compared to SNES games? Even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Photo0189.jpg (144KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Photo0189.jpg
144KB, 800x480px
Why are Mega drive games so cheap, compared to SNES games?

Even with the box and manual, they're very cheap.
>>
>>2891749
They all sucked.
>>
no one wants them, just like my dating life
>>
>>2891754
Probably because you're not as cheap as the Mega Drive.
>>
>>2891749
It's not really big yet, but Genesis prices are on the rise. Certain games like Ranger-X got a lot more expensive in the last 2 years (you used to be able to get it for like $7 USD after shipping, it's like $14+shipping, 20+shipping, etc).
I'm glad shit's still cheap for the most part though, fuck that game collecting bubble.

so glad I got most of the Saturn games I wanted a few years ago (why the fuck is Keio Yuugekitai listing at fucking $70 and up+shipping right now, I bought it for $35)

as for box+manual, Genesis hardcases help
getting a 1994/1995-era Genesis game with box+manual is a pain in the dick though, because they switched to cardboard shit
>>
>>2891769
Saturn games are all pretty fucking expensive now.

>tfw no Panzer Dragoon Saga to make all the girls want me
>>
File: 1450493839488.jpg (84KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
1450493839488.jpg
84KB, 600x615px
>>2891749
because autists cling to nintendo
>>
>>2891804
Would purging autists lower the price of retro games?
>>
Because hipsters fucking love Nintendo and sellers saw an opportunity to jack up the prices when demand increased.
Also, the Mega Drive boxes aren't shitty cardboard (except S&K) so they don't deteriorate as easily Nintendo games do.
>>
>>2891816
Autists are the only people who play retro games.
>>
>>2891749
Probably because there are a ton of popular current franchises that have games on the snes. The genesis has Sonic and...that's it. But there are a million and one ways to legally play the Sonic trilogy anyway.
>>
File: DoctorFace.webm (3MB, 694x536px) Image search: [Google]
DoctorFace.webm
3MB, 694x536px
>>2891749
50 Hz
>>
>>2891830

How is this true?
>>
>>2891753
just like your mom desu #senpai
>>
>>2891804
this is the only correct answer
>>
>>2891749
sega does what nintendon't
>>
>>2891749
>Why are Mega drive games so cheap, compared to SNES games?

They are judged by the current quality of Sega games, which are a piece of shit. Therefore the old games must have been pieces of shit as well.

SNES games were 5$ max as well back in the Gamecube era when no one gave a shit about Nintendo. Then they sold 100 million Wiis with the virtual console in there, and suddenly original retro cart prices skyrocketed.

This is not counting rarer carts which always fetched big prices.
>>
>>2891901
>How is this true?

I almost only play retro games and I know that I'm a bit autistic myself (I even work as a computer programmer).
>>
>>2891749
Easiest guesses would be that it isn't as popular and hasn't been hyped to the degree as old Nintendo games. There isn't a trendy "Hey, guys. Check out my collection photo. After 6 months of collecting, I just bought my Little Samson :) #retrolife #swag #truecollector #amicoolyetguys?" thing. Buy a JP copy of Comix Zone or The Ooze and no one would know that they are worth something. Mainstream collecting group posters would just scratch their head.

If someone on GameGrumps declares the Genesis to be superior to the Nintendo consoles then you can probably watch prices spike.
>>
File: 1423.jpg (214KB, 1028x1491px) Image search: [Google]
1423.jpg
214KB, 1028x1491px
Is this a console war thread in disguise?
>>
Konami games and Gunstar are a bit pricey.
>>
>>2893091
Unless someone turns it into one, the OP seems like just a normal question.
>>
>>2893096

OK, i only ask because I've seen the same OP many times already.
>>
>>2893102
>I've seen the same OP many times already.

Then it's pasta, with the obvious goal to start shit.
>>
>>2891749
They were cheap until everyone started asking this causing Nintendo kiddies to flock towards Genesis games driving all the prices up.
>>
>>2893204

no ur wrong, it was the collector kiddies fault telling the reseller kiddies to tell the sega kiddies who then told the nintendo kiddies who told the playstation kiddis.

basically, it was the xbox kiddies fault
>>
File: 1449714788191.jpg (23KB, 295x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449714788191.jpg
23KB, 295x400px
>>2891769
>Certain games like Ranger-X got a lot more expensive in the last 2 years

Man that's an understatement. Hyperstone Heist was almost in the $100 range when I checked last month despite going for around 40-70 CIB not even a year ago.
>>
>>2891753
>>2891754
Why are Nintendo fanboys so consistently mad on /vr/? I don't see them being anywhere near as mad anywhere else.
>>
cuz segay games are shit. simple as that
>>
>>2893221
Kids are back at school tomorrow so things should get a little less shitty than they have been the last couple of week. Also it's trolls, not Nintendo fanboys.
>>
>>2893221

Where do they say they're Nintendo fanboys?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.