[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a question about adjusting the screws on the back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (107KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 750x750px
So I have a question about adjusting the screws on the back of a CRT television. I was watching this video:

http://youtu.be/yoBqm4ThJxw

And I noticed around the 0:51 mark that they just turn the TV on and turn on the test patterns. Is it safe to adjust the screws without discharging it first?

I'm planing to adjust my CRT's screws if you DON'T have t discharge it first. Pic related is the CRT I have. (Panasonic CT-25L8G)
>>
It's a consumer TV. You'll have shit for adjustment.
>>
>>2891416
I know it won't be as good as say a PVM or trinitron, but it's really all I have.
>>
>>2891447
Well then it's pretty much hope for whatever. Find the service menu.

Messing with the pots on the back without a test pattern isn't going to end well.
>>
>>2891470
I have the service menu written down. Some of the controls I'm not sure what they mean.

As for the test pattern, I use the 240p suite on my Wii via component to test it.
>>
>>2891476
What is the problem with the TV you're trying to fix?
>>
>>2891482
My CRT's pixels like to jitter a lot which is pretty annoying. Also, it has an over scan problem.

With these problems aside, it's still good to adjust the fly back knobs every 5 years or so, and this thing hasn't been used in years.
>>
Throw it away and buy a SED.
>>
File: 1395021294349.png (2MB, 2048x1792px) Image search: [Google]
1395021294349.png
2MB, 2048x1792px
>>2891572
>project cancelled in 2010
>the last hope for the revival of CRT televisions and a return to the golden age of displays is dead

Feels bad, man.
>>
>>2891746
Ultra high resolution displays with appropriate shaders are the only thing that's still going to improve. It's possible some company will eventually put out CRT TVs as a nostalgia thing and find a niche with people like us, but I don't know if the niche would be big enough to justify that sort of production. Maybe just refurbished ones.
>>
>>2891748
Um, there's still at least one Japanese company currently manufacturing CRTs, I forget their name. They're overpriced and not professional quality, though.
>>
>>2891760
Actually, there seems to be several Chinese companies manufacturing them for sale in the 3rd world, too.
>>
SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION
>>
>>2891831
Trash it and pick up a replacement at the Goodwill.
>>
>>2891403
Yeah you don't have to turn it off/discharge just be very careful (ground wire your screw driver/wear rubber gloves/tie one hand behind your back) sit the tv in front of a mirror to make this easier.
>>
>>2891831
Pardon me?
>>
>>2891768
Are CRTs really cheaper to manufacture than lcd panels?
>>
>>2893295
They are when you already own an old CRT manufacturing plant.
>>
>>2891403
Playing Quake Live on a CRT is a great idea?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.