[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good deal for an original model PlayStation, or would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: gamestop psone.png (75KB, 802x570px) Image search: [Google]
gamestop psone.png
75KB, 802x570px
Is this a good deal for an original model PlayStation, or would I be better off finding one at a garage sale or flea market?
>>
>>2890660

great deal imo
>>
If it's really refurbished it's a nice deal. But since it's gamestop I doubt that they even tested it.
>>
$20 is basic ebay price.
>>
This is the perfect thread to ask. Which model was better for the PS1? The original or the small model? I never owned the small model. I do remember having a PS1 where it needed to be turned upside down because it started to not read discs properly. I believe the dreamcast also had this problem.
>>
>>2890731
Doesn't really matter when comparing image quality.

Some audiophile autist/ google parrotor will say the first one though.
>>
>>2890731

The PSOne is more durable and the disc reader is less likely to poop out on you when reading burned games. I think there are very minor advantages to the original in terms of image display but these are negligible.
>>
>>2890660
>Is this a good deal for an original model PlayStation

When you have absolutely no idea what condition it's in? No. You'll probably end up with some smoker's heavily discolored PSX that has numerous cigarette burns on it. I'm sure it will DRE in about two weeks.

>>2890731
>Which model was better for the PS1?

I would invest in a PSOne if only for longevity. The optical units on the original PSX models may burn out sooner since they're substantially older in age. I believe the launch PSXs also had optical units that were prone to overheating.
>>
>>2890660
assuming it comes with original cables and a controller thats not a bad deal
console only goes roughly for $5-10 in thrift stores but it can be a pain to track down the rest
>>
>>2890737
Supposedly it does, I vaguely recall a similar thread about this topic here that concluded one of the 5xxx models was the best due to placement of the cd drive assembly and lens, as well as having a better video encoder (which results in better video quality).

The PSU was also moved (to prevent premature laser/CD motor failure) which indirectly helped improve the image quality.

Citation needed, can't confirm myself, just vaguely remember it.
>>
>>2890660
Normal/good price.
>>
>>2890660
Go to goodwill. They're usually about $3.99 and people leave stuff in the disc drives. Last one I picked up had Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage in it.
>>
>>2890731
>Which model was better for the PS1

There is one thing, some older grey Psx has an extra port that was meant to be used for an add on that was never released. If you have one of these older greys you can connect a gameshark type device to that port and use cheats and access debug mode in some games like FF7 and Xenogears.
>>
>>2891358
the I/O slot isn't a good enough reason to justify getting an older model due to the reliability problems of the pre-55xx models.

the 55xx on have much better reliability, and there really isn't enough of a reason to own the earlier models at this time unless you are planning to buy that PSX I/O loader thing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.