[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys have any incomplete games? From missing manuals,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: 14517339707881087178240.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
14517339707881087178240.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Do you guys have any incomplete games?
From missing manuals, stupid inserts, or maybe a bonus demo disc/sticker/map/etc? Hell, you may be missing the entire game case/box.
Does it bother you or do you only care about owning the game itself and no more?
I was just reminded of Parasite Eve and I feel like playing it again, but I'm always bothered that my copy didn't have a demo disc. Not gonna complain and cry my eyes out because of it, especially since I got the game for like $10 at a flea market in great condition like 3-4 years ago, but it just annoys me a little inside not seeing the demo disc.
>>
I wouldn't be able to deal with something like that. Complete or burst.
>>
I have magic knight rayearth (e) without the manual, but with case and rear art.
Also tales of destiny with manual but no case.
The magic knight manual bugs my a little but I'm not paying out the ass for it.
>>
If it's a cartridge game, I don't give a shit. The box & dox are fine to have, but ultimately it's only the game that matters.
However for disc-based games, there is NO good excuse for missing any part of it, so they must be complete for me.
>tfw one of my few incomplete disc games is Mega Man Legends. (missing the manual)
>>
>Grab copy of Fear Effect super cheap at a thrift store
>Missing disc 3
>Time passes
>Be looking through a spindle of loose games cheap at local game store
>Sweet, disc 3 of Fear Effect for .50
>Later see a box of returns behind their counter with a Fear Effect in it that has a post-it on it "missing disc 3"
>>
For the most part, only games where shit got broken or lost over the years. I don't tend to buy incomplete games unless there's no other way to get them.
>>
It turns out I lost a bunch of manuals for my Sega Saturn games. They're probably still in the house somewhere, I just don't know where.
>>
Most of my games are disc / cart only. I'm really OCD about the physical condition of them, but otherwise don't mind the lack of packaging or manuals.

Keeping boxes and manuals in perfect condition would be damn near impossible. You'd have to put them in some kind of protective casing or plastic wrap, tuck them away in a dark closet and never let them see the light of day again. Even then, I suspect they would still somehow develop wear and tear. So I gave up on that a long time ago.

On a similar note, it's going to be pretty sad when people who collect unopened NES, SNES or GB games suddenly open the boxes one day, only to find out their cartridges have turned piss yellow. Discoloration is an inevitability.
>>
File: l_00772976_001.jpg (165KB, 600x532px) Image search: [Google]
l_00772976_001.jpg
165KB, 600x532px
>>2890196
> Hell, you may be missing the entire game case/box.

You have no idea how much I hate myself for going through a phase where I threw them all out and put all my games into one of these.
>>
File: 1444854058777.gif (475KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1444854058777.gif
475KB, 200x200px
>>2890456
>>
I can put up with a loose cart, but I refuse to touch any disc game that doesn't come with a case.
>>
I go for complete in box under the theory that the owner who kept all the extras in decent condition probably also took better care of the game.
>>
I only buy complete games if its a game i really love or its cheap, otherwise i'll just purchase the cartridge alone. Its too expensive to only buy complete and mint sets of retro games.
>>
CD games I'll only buy in a case, manuals are preferred but not a big deal, I've accidentally acquired a couple of games not in a case and it's nice to have them still, but I wouldn't have paid for them.

For cartridge based systems I don't care. Aside from the Megadrive as it's the main system I collect for and complete games generally aren't much more than cart only. But I've still got loads of unboxed games from when I was younger and a handful I've picked up more recently, it's not a big deal but whenever I see a good deal on a complete version I pick it up.

Atari 2600 games I prefer to get with manuals just for practical reasons, but again, it's not a big issue. I can always google anything I need to know.
>>
I have steambot chronicles with a missing manual. I'm ok with missing manual's as long as I can print them but I can't find a pdf for this damn game anywhere.

I even emailed fatlus and the guy was like "yeah I got a copy of the manual on my desk but I can't send it nor scan it for you, get fucked".
>>
>>2890196
Anyone who has more than a handful of games for cart based systems has loose carts. Unless you're a sperg collector it doesn't bother you in the slightest.
>>
File: 1449789065450.gif (537KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1449789065450.gif
537KB, 480x270px
Be patient, I've got Goo Goneā„¢ tier
>stickers on case sleeve

Be patient and someone will eventually throw a sale tier
>cover art
>manual book
>damaged case

Regrets and anger tier
>stickers or writing on manual book
>stickers or writing on disc
>crumpled, scraped, or spilled on cover art

Shrug it off tier
>minor blemish to disc
>bilingual cover text
>>
>>2890456
I did that too as a kid and I fucking hate myself for it
>>
>>2891330
>stickers or writing on disc

Writing can be dissolved by tracing over it with a dry-erase marker. There's a chemical in those markers that removes the ink. You usually have to apply it several times, depending on the type of surface. Cartridges are the hardest to work with, but the method works on them as well.

As for stickers, just use Goo Gone?
>>
>>2891414
>As for stickers, just use Goo Gone?
I don't know if you're telling me or asking me, but yes I said I've got Goo Gone.

As for the marker thing, the dream is dead, I ruined it trying to fix it. The disc art had a black background and my wiping efforts took the black with it. Was only 5 Canadian bucks.
>>
>>2890196
My copy of FFVII that I use to play has a scratch on the second disc... It's unsettling.
>>
File: 1428233114157.jpg (36KB, 506x461px) Image search: [Google]
1428233114157.jpg
36KB, 506x461px
>>2890456
my mom did same thing because my brother always left cd's/dvd's everywhere but in their cases.
>>
>>2891517
I bet your bother still left them laying around everywhere afterwards.
>>
File: demo.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
demo.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>2890196
>>
>>2890196
I replace cases and print out covers for loose games. Missing manuals don't bother me unless I lost it as a kid. I'm still wondering what happened to my Pac-Man 2 manual.
>>
>>2892092
awwww shit
>>
>>2892092
Mail to OP
>>
>>2892092
>>2892336
>>2892370
Lol, was thinking of just buying my own copy on eBay or some shit.
>>
>>2892906
Are you fucking retarded? It clearly says "NOT FOR RESALE" on the disc. You really think ebay would allow this to be listed?
>>
>>2893116
ohnothenotforresalethingsisoldonebayohmygod

imintroublenowohgeez
>>
>>2890456
It's super annoying when you have to do that because you don't have enough room for the boxes.
>>
I apparantly can't keep an entire copy of ff9. For longest I had disc 2,3,4. When I lost those, I found disk one...
>>
>>2893182
Don't worry I somehow lost and rebought Diablo 1 like four times in my life. I have no clue why that game constantly disappears but I miss my big box copy of it so damn much.
>>
I have Silent Hill and Syphon Filter with everything but the original cases
>>
I still have most of my games from my childhood, but sadly without box art or the instruction book. Probably thrown away by my parents. I never understood why people / parents would do this.
>>
File: mad.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
mad.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>used to have a complete version of Knockout Kings '99 on PS1 as a kid
>when I bought it I randomly got two discs, so i had an extra copy
>some other kid who's a Jehovas Witness bought my PS One
>gave him that game for free
>my mom forces me to give him the box and manual
>grudgingly accept
>he ends up throwing out the game, because his Jehova parents thought a boxing game was too violent for him to play

Now I'm stuck with the disc in an empty PS1 jewel case. They could've said "no thank you" when they bought my PS One, they were all there and saw the game I offered.

At least he later gave me Red Alert for PS1. Also because it was too violent.
>>
>>2890456
Why binder scratched discs?
>>
I have a bunch of PS1 games that no longer have the manuals. I was encouraged as a kid/pre-teen to make artwork (collages) with the strategy guides/manuals, so I cut a bunch of them up and made shitty little posters out of them.

I also finally got a chance to buy a copy of Tales of Destiny 2 for the Play Station, and it didn't have a manual, but it was only $20 instead of the $100+ it was going for at the time. I figured I'd try to pick up a manual on ebay, but the ones that were showing up when I was checking were $80 or more.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.