[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got me this from a flea sale, it has a db15 pin male conector

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (5KB, 242x209px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 242x209px
I got me this from a flea sale, it has a db15 pin male conector and Ive been looking online for some adapter, they few I found are really expensive, any experiences or idea to make one? also it seems when used you adjust wheter you use the whell, the pad or the joystick I would like to use them all (it would work good as n64 controller) any advices?
>>
I've never been able to find this type of converter reasonably priced. I just ended up counting my loss and trashing my old gamepads.

On the plus side, generic USB gamepads should be very inexpensive these days. You can also buy a PlayStation-to-USB adapter so you can use your PS1/2 controllers with your computer. The ones I've purchased worked fairly well, but may not last longer than a year.
>>
fancy 15pin pads like that essentially fall into 1 of 3 categories:

generic - not really multi-button, just standard 4axis+4button with some of the buttons doubled up. would need a generic active usb adaptor, but dont expect more than 4 buttons.

dual input - natively supports usb with a passive adapter, the chip in pad does the work. i believe some microsoft and logitechs can do this

propriety - uses an improvised digital protocol for multi-button thru 15pin, required a driver that probably only works for old versions of windows. requires a specialized active adapter - if it exists and even then its probably a fan made project. i believe some of the early microsoft sticks have these?
>>
>>2878501
This. You really may as well trash it at this point. It isn't worth the hassle
>>
Im quite dissapointed, I didnt pay much but I could have bought the buffalo snes controller over ebay but decided to save some $ and got this instead.
>>
>>2878452
Hah, I used that pad as my de facto controller prior to NT6.
I think the wheel functioned independently, but I'm not sure if the digital and analog did too, or if it was just mapped to the same x/y axis. That, and you have 2 less buttons (Start and Z) compared to the N64.

It was a great pad for Capcom fighters and arcade games. It had one HUGE flaw though: the D-pad broke after a few months. It had a shit construction where the two parts of the pad (the one you press and the one that hits the PCB) were linked by a single plastic column, which was too weak.
I had to buy 2-3 of these pads cause of that, and sometimes used the analog for normal games too because the d-pad broke off.

Later variants of that pad came with a silver/goldish finish on most of the components.

It was an okay pad but the d-pad really ruined it. Don't bother trying to get it to work, on top of the suicidal d-pad you also have to deal with the fact that db15->usb converters are near impossible to make properly.
>>
>>2878452
pci sound card with gameport ? I don't know if gameport is still supported in modern windows, but this kind of cards go for like $5 anyway
>>
>>2878558
>pci sound card with gameport ? I don't know if gameport is still supported in modern windows, but this kind of cards go for like $5 anyway

It doesn't. They removed gameport support in NT6 (Vista and Win7).
>>
anyway to rewire it or make a homemade adapter? I dont know but im willing to experiment since It seems I just blew my $ away
>>
>>2878452
If only this what the natural N64 controller...
>>
>>2878941
If you have to ask you wouldn't be able to. It's pretty complicated and would be more expensive than just buying a new gamepad. I've done it for old flight sticks and while it's not amazingly complicated you'll easily spend 30 or so in materials.
>>
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/15pin-Gameport-to-USB-2-0-Converter-for-PC-PS3-Game-Joystick-Flight-Gamepad-/161904914336?hash=item25b248efa0:g:lOgAAOSwu4BVzRox

10 bucks isn't reasonable you poor faggots?
>>
>>2878454
>but may not last longer than a year.

For you.
>>
>>2881236
>shitbay

Enjoy that box full of rocks
>>
>>2881315
>implying you can't just open a case and ebay gives you your 10 dollars back

ebay always sides with the buyer. I have bought hundreds of things on there and have never had any issues even when I need to get a refund.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.