[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best multiplayer shooters on N64? Can be multiple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2582.jpg (196KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2582.jpg
196KB, 1152x1536px
What are the best multiplayer shooters on N64? Can be multiple right answers, framerate and controls matter, as do game modes, player counts, variety of game modes, etc.

I figure goldeneye and perfect dark are on the list. I also thought quake 2 was okay even if quake 2 itself isn't much IMO.
>>
Jet Force Gemini
>>
Yeah JFG is good. Turok 2 had a release that was strictly multipler, cant recall the name right now and too lazy to look it up. Conkers Bad Fur Day was fun. DK64 had something as well. BattleTanx series. And how can anyone forget the Vigilante 8 series, though that is with cars if you dont mind that
>>
>>2870310
Turok Rage Wars. I loved it as a kid, but word on the street is that it's a pointless mess.
>>
>>2869943

Duke Nukem 3D has a multiplayer mode on N64. How is it, does anybody know?
>>
Hexen has 2-player co-op, it was really dark when I played.
>>
You /might/ enjoy Army Men: Sarge's Heroes.
>>
>>2869943

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Nintendo_64_first-person_shooter_games

There honestly aren't too many of them.

My personal favorite is Perfect Dark if you have the Expansion Pak for your N64. Co-op. Counter-op. Combat Simulator. Tons of options for customizing players, teams, weapons on maps, bots, and game modes. Player profiles and stats. Scenarios. I think it's the best multiplayer shooter objectively for the system.

Goldeneye, Jet Force Gemini, and the World Is Not Enough aren't bad.

Not sure about Doom, Quake, Hexen, and Turok.
>>
>>2870642

It's not so much a pointless mess but "hey there, I hope you can survive your framerape dropping everytime you breath!"

If you can stand that (and most of us did), its ok.
>>
>>2871036
>My personal favorite is Perfect Dark if you have the Expansion Pak for your N64. Co-op. Counter-op. Combat Simulator. Tons of options for customizing players, teams, weapons on maps, bots, and game modes. Player profiles and stats. Scenarios. I think it's the best multiplayer shooter objectively for the system.

I agree. I have over 300 hours of playtime in the XBLA version. I play it all the time with my friends. I've beaten it on co-op on Perfect Agent; that was a ton of fun.

I bought the N64 version in 2000, so my playtime across both versions of the game must be like 2000 hours haha. I've played it a lot.
>>
>>2871016

It's pretty fun. I tried it out a few years ago when I saw it for 5$.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.