[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good Western RPG that only has minimal mouse usage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

What's a good Western RPG that only has minimal mouse usage (using a trackpad) that I can play on a T61?
>>
What have you already played?
If you're a beginner I'd suggest Might and Magic 3 or 4+5.
>>
>>2869123
I'm open for anything but Daggerfall (forgot my save at home D: )
And the first 2 M&M's (too light on the story content)
>>
Also how playable is Ultima Online with a trackpad?
>>
>>2869123
>And the first 2 M&M's (too light on the story content)
Explain further, why only the first two?
>>
>>2869157

Don't ask stupid fucking questions.
>>
>>2869164
From experience it's mostly just dungeon crawling.
>>2869165
What?
>>
>>2869169
That applies to a whole lot of game that would be applicable.
MM 1 and 2 have quite a bit of story encounters in comparison to something like Wizardry 1-3.
>>
>>2869183
This.

Have you considered Fallout OP? Pretty sure a T61 should handle those.

I wish IBM still manufactured quality laptops, the lenovo models are no substitute for the original.

That said, I do love the T410 I use for work. I'd rather use a T400 for the correct Insert key location but the hardware drop is just too significant.
>>
>>2869204
Shit, forgot the mouse part. Does the trackpoint not work or something?
>>
>>2869227
It does but it's a pain to play mouse-heavy games without an actual mouse.
>>
File: nethackdie.png (6KB, 638x302px) Image search: [Google]
nethackdie.png
6KB, 638x302px
If you can stand the ascii graphics, then there are quite a few roguelikes worth delving into. Nethack is certainly worth a look as the definitive classic of the genre, but ADOM or any of the Angband variants might be fun as well.

I could ALMOST recommend Castle of the Winds, as its a fantastic little roguelike, but the inventory screen requires mouse usage.
>>
>>2869258
I already play a lot of NetHack haha but I'm looking for RPGs, and some mouse usage is fine (especially for turn based games).
>>
>>2869268
>but I'm looking for RPGs
What do you really want? A game like Ultima 6 without the nee for a mouse?
Have you tried Wasteland?
>>
>>2869380
>What do you really want?
An RPG, not just a dungeon crawler.
>A game like Ultima 6 without the nee for a mouse?
Kind of, as long as using a mouse for realtime stuff isn't that important then I'm fine.
>Have you tried Wasteland?
"no"
>>
Any of the Ultimas before 7.
>>
Runes of Virtue
>>
>>2869117
I can't think of a single damn wrpg that is good, let alone with minimal mouse useage
>>
>>2869117
>dat artstyle
Jesus, do people genuinely enjoy dirt aesthetics?
>>
>>2873102
ebin
I have yet to see one good JRPG, and more than a handful of good jap dungeon crawlers.
>>
Worlds of Ultima games are free on GoG and use the Ultima 6 engine.
>>
Wizardry perhaps?
>>
File: 10_in_Britbong.png (61KB, 138x170px) Image search: [Google]
10_in_Britbong.png
61KB, 138x170px
>request job
>get offered a room for the night
Game, are you subtly trying to tell me something?
>>
Ys I, Ys II
DCSS
Space Funeral
The Way
Yume Nikki
La~Mulana PC version
Barkley Gaiden
Wizardry
>>
>>2869126
>And the first 2 M&M's (too light on the story content)
I think you're better off to play some text/graphic adventure games if you want an intricate story. That said, I guess you can try Tunnels & Trolls: Crusaders of Khazan. It's based on the pen & paper modules.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.