[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a reasonable price for a working American SNES? eBay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: SNES_US[1].png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SNES_US[1].png
1MB, 1600x1200px
What's a reasonable price for a working American SNES? eBay (I presume this is where you're supposed to buy retro games) has a wide range of prices.

I want an SNES to play Chrono Trigger, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, FF6, and Super Metroid.
>>
whatever they're going for... if you're using ebay.
Make sure you have something worthwhile to plug a console into otherwise just use an emulator
>>
$20 at a yard sale. eBay is highway robbery. Good luck tracking down those games, too. Reseller scum tend to stalk out second-hand outlets and buy them up before any serious players can, then they just sit in some empty storage unit because no one in their right mind is going to pay that kind of money.
>>
>>2865393
>Make sure you have something worthwhile to plug a console
What do you mean?
>>
>>2865409
I'm pretty sure he means a television. If you don't have a half decent CRT, don't even bother.
>>
>>2865424
I've got an old Hello Kitty CRT. How do I know if it's half-decent?
>>
>>2865428
Do you have any other retro consoles? Use that to test it.
>>
>im 15 and just got here from reddit
>>
>>2865434
What's wrong with Reddit?
>>
Id say $50 is reasonable. I generally get my old games from amazon though, they never did me wrong, even when I was buying used atari 2600 games.
>>
I dunno homie, my parents bought mine for me in 1992.
>>
>>2865432
I have an N64 if that counts.

>>2865434
I'm 22.
>>
>>2865436

>being this young
>>
>>2865436
Reddit, like every other major website, 4chan included, is full of faults and downsides. However, everyone always bitches about reddit on here. Its like going to New York and asking people whats wrong with The Dallas Cowboys.
>>
>>2865441
That's good enough. Hook it up to the TV an see how it looks.
>>
>>2865441
Does your TV have a Coax cable or AVI cords? Which ever it has, make sure you have the right wires for the SNES.
>>
>walk into retro merchants shop
>grab snes
>walk out
>drive away
>>
>>2865475
I don't have anything like that near me.
>>
>>2865441
Basically emulators have come to a point where they will look better on an HDTV or monitor than an actual console with. Either is still preferable to some of the really awful CRTs released back in the day, but of course if you have a really nice set (or some sort of scaler for HDTVs?) than it's the "purest" way to play if you're into that.
>>
>>2865517
Is there a best controller for retro emulators?
>>
>>2865520
Buffalo USB pad for Nes Snes, a USB n64 for n64, USB Saturn for Sega stuff, and a PS4 controller for PSX
>>
>>2865527
Thanks. Is Buffalo good for Genesis and GBA too?
>>
Iam using a Nestor emulator for my nes/snes games. For games like Mario paint what do you use for the mouse? a lazer mouse seems to fast for it and it wont function.
>>
>>2865406
this is largely untrue. people who list overpriced items on ebay wont be able to sell them, it's simple supply and demand.

most often I find that ebay has the cheapest prices, with amazon second, and local stores last (im pretty sure they check online prices these days and make them more expensive.)
>>
>>2865362
2K monies.
>>
>>2865681
>this is largely untrue. people who list overpriced items on ebay wont be able to sell them, it's simple supply and demand.
>supply and demand.
>Units sold worldwide: 49.10 million
>Units sold Japan: 17.17 million
>Units sold North & South America: 23.35 million
>Units sold in other regions: 8.58 million

Right, because there's such a limited supply of SNES hardware available?

>most often I find that ebay has the cheapest prices

Reseller detected
>>
>>2866084
eBay only gets beat by hunting down shit at stores that don't know the worth of what they have. Otherwise, you can get some fairly good deals there, but it's mostly a matter of sifting through the garbage listings looking for recently listed Buy it Nows that are reasonably priced or playing a game of catching auctions before they close that haven't run up to an insane price.
>>
From my research, if u want a good working one that isn't yellowed with all the cables and such. On ebay ur looking at about 100 bucks
>>
>>2866095
This is the truth
>>
>>2866095
>>2866427
it sure is samefag in here
>>
>>2866084
I was more so referring to the demand part, meaning people's willingness to buy at a certain price. If someone is selling their thing for higher than what the other listings are, they won't buy it. Very simple.

Now can you tell me where you find such cheap games? Because unless you're at some garage sale most physical stores won't have the prices you're looking for. At least that's been my experience, but you can certainly get good deals on ebay
>>
>>2866573
If its cheap games you're wanting then you picked the wrong console desu senpai
>>
Ebay is probably your best bet given ease of use and number of opportunities. Yard sales might provide better deals, but it depends on your available searching time, location, and who is selling. I'd imagine that most people selling old shit these days price their stuff using ebay. You'd need to find someone who is just trying to clear crap out and doesn't care about making a profit or otherwise just views games as old junk.
>>
>>2865520
When it comes to controllers, what I do is buy USB adapters and buy (or already own) the real deal. Ahh, emulation. Too good.
>>
>>2865445
>i should stay on redit
FTFYK
>>
somewhat related: what's a reasonable shipping charge for 12 cartridges and a Hori 64 pad? (JAP to US)
>>
>>2869949
EMS (which takes about a week) would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $35.
SAL (Which usually takes 2-3 weeks but can take up to 8) would be like $12 if he packed them well.
>>
>>2870001
They're asking $25 for SAL :/
thanks for the second opinion
>>
I'd just go to my nearest flea market.
>>
>>2867718
This is what I do, everything else is silly
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.