[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Started a new game of Vagrant Story. Just got to the first workshop.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (115KB, 656x518px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
115KB, 656x518px
Started a new game of Vagrant Story. Just got to the first workshop. Any ideas on what to do with my current weapons? Should i dump some or combine? Maybe need to find more?
>>
>>2858780
just repair them
try to get a quad shield though, you should be able to make one by now

you'll get to another workshop soon enough where you'll be able to combine bronze and iron equipment into hagane
>>
>>2858790
Haha just got one then. Good timing
>>
>>2858780
Without looking at guides (I never did), you can try to combine 2 pieces of equipment of the same class/part and close stats to each other, and generally, the outcome will be better than both pieces used.

Combining strong pieces with weak pieces yields a shitty/average outcome that's worse than the stronger you're combining. And thus a waste.

That Soul Kiss you got there, has an S in the icon that stands for silver. Silver does awesome damage against undead. It will be useful for most of the game, only upgrade it if the outcome is better, and also silver material.

Also, keep a crossbow in stock for destroying far away boxes.
>>
>>2858780
Just keep upgrading that one sword to something better every chance you get - if you spread your weapon usage out over a broad range of weapons like >>2858962 suggests you might miss out on getting the sword related skills you'll absolutely critically need for the end game bosses.

Also fuck crossbows, there's no boss that has a weak point you can't reach with a sword.

Save branching out to other weapon styles for subsequent playthroughs - that way it feels like a whole new game every time.

The workshop and upgrading your equipment is critical to success at this game.
>>
File: We reinforcements now.jpg (17KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
We reinforcements now.jpg
17KB, 500x375px
>>2858780
Repair, you won't get anything good out of those.
the Soul Kiss is a Silver weapon so it's potentially very good against ghosts and undead, keep in mind that here weapon get progressively stronger against a monster type the more you kill them with it, so once you see some skellies/zombies/ghosts whip it out and kill them with it, you'll get some nice weapon to use against them until the mid game where you'll find better ones to fuse and combine.

Learn to use Gems properly, elements are nice boosts but enemy affinity is also important, learn to use the appropriate damage modifiers, slash/thrust/blunt damage should be used appropriately.

Be careful with Break Arts, they're powerful tools but don't depend on them too much.

Learn to Chain and Counter, get Mind Ache and Raging ache if you feel like being a dick, but they are horribly overpowered tools., status chains can save your life against strong mooks, counters are vital against bosses, so train yourself with Dummies and get the timing down.

Magic is GREAT in this game, buffs, especially the Shaman ones are amazing and Sorcerer's debuffs and toolset are vital tools you'll NEED to use.

Try to guess a boss weakpoints, just observing them and using your common sense should be enough.

Some bosses can give you a lot of problems and there are some notorious mooks, but don't use a guide unless you really feel you've hit a dead end.

Other than that enjoy the best retro action RPG ever made.
>>
why do people like this game so much?
>>
>>2859107
because it's good?
why do people like anything?
I like the combat system and the story
>>
File: 1441002563762.gif (494KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1441002563762.gif
494KB, 500x259px
>>2859107
Because it's great.
Why do you ask inane questions?
>>
>>2859090
>Try to guess a boss weakpoints

You don't have to - much like Zelda, the new spells you learn on the way to a boss are the ones you're going to need to defeat that boss.
>>
Also OP, learn the third dagger break art
it deals double damage and it's one handed so you can equip a shield (always have a shield equipped, fuck 2-handed weapons)
use the analyze spell often
the most important weapon stat is type, followed by affinity with class being pretty unimportant
Always keep a track of your weapon's DP and PP, forgetting to do so is usually the reason why most people end up doing 0 damage later on

And if you REALLY want to break the game learn all the offensive chain abilities on the first dummy by cycling through gain life/gain magic (so you don't damage the dummy)
>>
>>2859123
>the most important weapon stat is type, followed by affinity with class being pretty unimportant

That's literally backwards.
>>
>>2859150
I'm pretty sure having the right type with a strong hilt is most importat
then load the weapon with elemental gems and cast the corresponding fusion spell on yourself and the guard spell of the opposite element on the enemy
THEN finally use the break art of the same element or simply chain the opponent to death
i.e. Sword + power palm + three marid aquamarine's + frost fusion + cherry ronde and pyro guard on the enemy

worked pretty well for me
>>
>>2859150
Not him, but it really varies as you go on, he's going to fight a certain boss soon which has Evil class, but it's the first Evil kind of enemy he'll face so the only thing going for him is to use a certain type of weapon since he doesn't have access to a class, and magic is still irrelevant by the time he gets to that boss unless he feels like farming ghosts for hours hoping that a good grimoire will drop.
>>
>>2859107
I wanted to like it, played it like 3 times and abandoned it as many. Too much menu micromanagement all the fucking time
>>
>>2859070
>if you spread your weapon usage out over a broad range of weapons like >>2858962 (You) suggests
I suggested nothing of the sort.

>you might miss out on getting the sword related skills you'll absolutely critically need for the end game bosses.
Not true. You can win against bosses with enchantments, buffs and the right gems/damage type. I know because I barely use Break Arts, just sometimes to check their animations. I did, however, kill the final boss with the ultimate chain attack across my arsenal (Phantom Pain), but I don't know if there was an alternative way.

>Also fuck crossbows, there's no boss that has a weak point you can't reach with a sword.
I said boxes specifically. There's 2 parts in the game a high-reaching crossbow will be necessary.
But a good bow for dealing with those pesky flying devils can come in handy.
>>
The first time i played this game, i could figure out the fucking faerie forest so i spent ages in the areas before that. Ended up finishing the game with a H rapier. cunt was op as fuck from wandering around.
>>
>>2859150
No, he has it right. Type is by far the most important factor in damage, followed by element. Class is the least important, but a good Class rating will still improve damage against that type, so it's not "useless," per se. I'm not sure exactly how much 1 point of Type is worth vs. Affinity and Class, but even within a single weapon type, it's best to keep multiple types available (like a 1H sword user keeping a Rapier for piercing attacks along with their main sword).

Trying to fight an enemy resistant to your weapon's type is a hopeless endeavor, unless you are way overpowered or have an excess of the affinity and class that the enemy is weak to (but again, overpowered).
>>
So anyone know what weapons should be used for what types of enemy. Im using a sword for human, axe & mace for beast
>>
>>2860506
>what weapons should be used for what types of enemy

I don't think there are any rules, just make sure to keep track of the type (edge blunt, piercing) and affinity they're vulnerable to
the analyze spell is your friend, the fourth boss drops it
>>
>>2860061
http://vagrantstory.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity,_Class_and_Type_in_Vagrant_Story

Have a read, guys.
>>
>>2861540

Class x (affinity) +/- (type)

Where affinity ranges from 0-2 (fully resistant to fully vulnerable) and type ranges from -16 to +16 (complete resistance to complete weakness).

Therefore, type is most important only if class is EXTREMELY low, and affinity AT BEST doubles the damage that comes from class.

An ideal build has one weapon with all classes set to 100 and no particular affinity since these can be influenced by magic, and at high class substats the penalties for mismatched types (which are set and unvaried) will be vastly outweighed by the high base damage given from class bonuses.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.