[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter is coming to Steam in less than 48 hours.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter is coming to Steam in less than 48 hours. But Turok 3 is best Turok, and my body is ready for a remaster to fix the many, many bugs and missing features.

Turok 3 > Turok: Dinosaur Hunter > Turok 2 > Turok 2008 > Watching Paint Dry > Turok: Evolution.

A lot of folks will argue that Turok 2 is best Turok. They might have a point, but how many people actually FINISHED Turok 2? A vast majority of players give up somewhere along the line. The amount of backtracking and keyhunting is obscene.
>>
They're only doing 1 and 2.
>>
they are not remastering 3 dude, don't get your hopes up
>>
>>2857969
>They're only doing 1 and 2.
They've stated that other sequels are on the table if 1 and 2 are successful.
>>
They should do Rage Wars and make it have online play.
>>
>>2857979
>They should do Rage Wars and make it have online play.

Porting an MP-only game is kinda risky because you can't guarantee it will develop a community. However, considering these Turok engine ports are coming with level editors, I can't imagine why there wouldn't be interest.

Has anyone seriously played Turok 3's MP? It looked to be loosely based on Rage Wars, (which came out a year earlier) but with less interesting weapons and less focus. I only ever tested it out with bots.
>>
>>2857979
The multiplayer maps in the pc version of Turok 2 was way way better than anything in rage wars
>>
>>2857987
Oh, and it did have online play.
>>
Rage wars is best
>>
>>2857962
The mazelike design for 2 isn't that bad aside from one level. I dove in after not playing it since the 90s expecting it to be a pain in the ass like I remembered but it turned out I was just a stupid kid back then.
>>
>>2858383
Caves?
>>
>>2858383
>>2858847
probably lair of the blind ones
>>
>>2859321
that is a fucking mess even with aerial view
>>
>>2857962
I always wanted to get to play Turok but with modern FPS controls but configuring them on Project64 is such a trouble.
>>
>>2859726
>I always wanted to get to play Turok but with modern FPS controls but configuring them on Project64 is such a trouble.
Play the PC ports instead. None of the Turok games emulate satisfactorily. Turok 2/3 have missing lighting, Turok 3 has bugged shadows.

Turok 3 is the only one that feels vaguely "good" on N64, anyway, because it made look spring and inverted aim optional. But the PC versions of 1 and 2 let you turn that off, thankfully. Setting them up is a pain, though, which is why these remasters are so important.
>>
>>2858383
>The mazelike design for 2 isn't that bad aside from one level.
It's not the "maze" that's the problem. It's the fact Turok 2 is a glorified key hunt which makes you backtrack across entire levels because you missed a single switch. The PC version has quick saves which helped somewhat, but the game has SO. MUCH. PLODDING.
>>
>>2859771
Sadly 3 didn't get a PC port
>>
if the remaster's sell well it'sa pretty much guaranteed they'll keep going with it
it is the guy behind doom64 EX and powerslave EX doing it right? i think he did strife for them too right?
>>
>>2859829
yes kaiser has worked on this and the games mentioned.
>>
>>2859781
>Sadly 3 didn't get a PC port
I remember Acclaim saying they didn't want to compete with other PC FPS games releasing around that period. Sound enough logic, but if the game had gotten a PC port, it would be far better remembered.
>>
>>2859726
Actually if you use C-buttons walk/strafe and analog stick look, you can emulate modern FPS controls pretty well on the controller.
>>
>>2859836
>Actually if you use C-buttons walk/strafe and analog stick look, you can emulate modern FPS controls pretty well on the controller.
Turok 1 and 2 have forced inverted aim and also the look spring activates every time you move. It's an absolute pain.
>>
>>2857962
>how many people actually FINISHED Turok 2?
...Me? On the PC. But I did end up using cheat codes in the end. Didn't enjoy the experience to be honest.
>>
https://www.change.org/p/night-dive-studios-please-remaster-turok-3-for-pc
>>
>>2857972
>They've stated that other sequels are on the table if 1 and 2 are successful.

Meh.. They won't be.
>>
File: 1386652736834.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1386652736834.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
>>2857962
>He thinks Evolution is the worst

>Not 2008 Turok

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>2859917
>>They've stated that other sequels are on the table if 1 and 2 are successful.
>Meh.. They won't be.
Why not, anon?

>>2859918
>>He thinks Evolution is the worst
>>Not 2008 Turok
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
At least the crummy 2008 game has a plot that makes some sort of sense. Evolution is possibly the most confusing, poorly written FPS game I've ever had to endure.
>>
>>2857962
The remaster launches at midnight, right? RIGHT?
>>
>>2859932
Because faggot graphic whore Pcuck master race hipsters, that's why.
>>
File: 1429401499038.png (131KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429401499038.png
131KB, 500x500px
>Twelve... more.... hours...
>>
>>2859771
The PC port of Turok 2 has inferior colored lighting to the N64 version for whatever reason
>>
>>2860003
one hour!
>>
When is T2 coming out? I played T1 on the n64 back in the day but I never got to play T2 so I'm more excited for that
>>
>>2860716
Y not try PC version?
>>
>>2860725

That's what I'm waiting for, motherfucker
>>
>>2857962
Oh, wow. Turok 2 is coming to steam? It might be one of 8 games I didn't just pirate.

>>2857969
>>
>>2860726
You know that Turok 2 already is on PC, right?
Since 1999?

What are they even going to remaster?
>>
>>2860742

Yeah but it doesn't work and and people are saying they're releasing it on steam so when is THAT happening?
>>
>>2860747
>it doesn't work
4U
Heh, I guess one good thing about having an old ass PC is that you can play old ass PC games on it without much problem.

No idea about the release date, you'll have to find it on your own.
Seriously tho, I wonder what they will change, besides fixing compatibility issues. Better graphic/resolution? Draw distance?
And for what price?

Anyway, What precisely is your problem with running current PC version?
>>
gog is doing a stream right now.
>>
>>2859940
To be fair, a long time ago, for the same price, we had the Serious Sam HD First and Second encounter.
THAT was a real remaster.
>>
Wasn't Kaiser's Turok EX an actual recreation of original turok on new KEX engine of his own making?

What about this thing? Is this Turok EX on KEX or a different thing?
>>
>>2859854
.... so configure the controls to be inverted?
>>
File: 1435145497253.gif (3MB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
1435145497253.gif
3MB, 400x223px
>>2859918
Wouldn't blame him if he forgot the game even existed cause I sure as hell did until you brought it up.
>>
>>2861153
>What about this thing? Is this Turok EX on KEX or a different thing?
It appears to be Turok EX.
>>
>>2861397
What the fuck is going on in that gif?
>>
You need to undertsand that this is not an "HD Remake".

This is just really a remake/port. It's ported to a new engine. And it has much better controls. This version is very similar to the original otherwise.
>>
>>2861397
Sauce on that gif
>>
>>2861724
Fist of the North star movie.
>>
>>2861724
Sorry. Forgot to link the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boawe1SzCaQ
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.