[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think the Dreamcast will go up in value in the future?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Dreamcast.jpg (16KB, 425x265px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamcast.jpg
16KB, 425x265px
Do you guys think the Dreamcast will go up in value in the future? If you think so, how much time will it takes?

I was thinking about it, and i was actually thinking about selling it now, but i realized it could be a potential subject to rise up in value so i thought i could keep it and even buy other things to up its price in the future. What are you thoughts about this?
>>
>>2857787
reseller fag
>>
No, 20 years later the consoles are still far too cheap and common and besides running pirated discs is trivial if you have the right models.
>>
I don't get why that would matter, as you wouldn't be selling it.

Unless this is some sort of expensive purchase justification thread? Because there's a Diver's 2000 TV on kijiji right now, but it's mighty expensive.
>>
>>2857802
I was thinking about keeping it and then sell it later when it would be worth more.
>>
>>2857824
Well I don't know what to tell you other than "yes it will marginally increase in value which would fluctuate constantly".

Or, you can just keep it. You know, like you should be.
>>
I think they've already gone up. The bought my Dreamcast 3 years ago for like $45, the laser has died, but I can't find one on ebay for cheaper than $75.
>>
>>2858202
>ebaby prices
i keked
>>
>>2858415
Well where the fuck else am I supposed to get one? I live in the UK and other than a second-hand game shop in my town that's usually even more overpriced than ebay (sometimes has good deals but not on Dreamcast), there is literally nowhere to buy retro games.
>>
>>2857787
it already has

also reseller scum
>>
>>2858202
Oh man, I just had this horrible vision of holding the world's last Dreamcast in my arms as it breathes it's dying breath. I need to hurry up and learn more about hardware in case any of my retro stuff needs repairs.
>>
>>2857787
Reselling is a super shitty way of making money. Not just the moral aspect of buying things with the sole purpose of driving up the price and reselling, which is shitty enough. But it's also an inefficient way to make money. Just learn a useful skill, get a good job and you will make far more than reselling will net you for much less effort.

Then if Dreamcasts go up by a few hundred dollars over the next decade and you feel like buying one again it'll just be a drop in the bucket.
>>
>>2858425
I don't know where the fuck else you're supposed to get one in your particular situation. Based on your all around retardedness such as paying ebay prices and thinking the UK is some how a homogeneous thing I'd say stick with ebay.
>>
>>2857787
Welcome, to the 3rd daily Sega thread, where they did no wrong.
>>
>>2857787
Maybe but the fact you can emulate it on Android means you'll be hard pressed to find a buyer.
>>
>>2858437
>reselling isn't a useful skill
What's your skill champ? Chief Burger Overturner? Professional student?
I'm not a reseller but if I decided to be one I bet I could make more profit in a day on ebay than you do in a month even if you have a real job. You sound like one of those kids who's buttmad they showed up to the party too late and cant into moon.
>>
>>2860112
reselling isn't a useful skill. now please leave vr you are not welcome here.
>>
>>2859547

What makes me retarded? It's not as though I don't try. I've been looking out for retro games in second hand shops, charity shops and car boot sales for the past 3 years. Of course, it doesn't help that there are literally no regular car boot sales within 50 miles of where I live.

If anywhere ever sells "retro games", they are almost invariably shovelware ps2 gamesa and sports titles.

When I said before about my local second shop that "sometimes has good deals on mega drive games", I mean it occasionally sells a game for 1 or 2 pounds less than ebay price. The only time I've found what I considered a pretty good deal in the past 3 years of searching was a 6 button mega drive controller for £1.

You call me a retard for paying eBay prices, but what else am I supposed to do? It's not like there's the option to be patient and find a good deal elsewhere. I've tried that for years and it doesn't work. The only options are to pay eBay prices, which I agree are crazy, or just not buy at all.
>>
>>2857787
Fuck you and your jew shit.
>>
>>2860112
He's right though. If you're going to pick something to buy low, sell high, you might as well invest in gold or pick up day trading, something that can actually make you rich and not just make ends meet.
>>
>>2860123
>i don't even know the price of gold
Then why post about it? Seriously bro. It's near record highs.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.