[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found this game on my 3ds forsome reason. I must have downloaded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (450KB, 640x330px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
450KB, 640x330px
I found this game on my 3ds forsome reason. I must have downloaded it a few years ago when it was on sale. How do you guys feel about these game? How does it compare to the other 2D Zelda games? Is it worth playing through?
>>
>>2854362
>A few years ago when it was on sale

I hate liars like you
>>
>>2854369
Not him, but what are you talking about? Eshop has sales semi-frequently. Is there some weird thing where Seasons and Ages would never get put on sale?

>>2854362
If you like Zelda then they're pretty good. I personally liked Link's Awakening and Minish Cap a little more, but it's Zelda. If you dig it, you'll dig them.
>>
>>2854438
>Is there some weird thing where Seasons and Ages would never get put on sale?

Because they only put one game at a time on sale for like 10% off. Nintendo's software prices are the fucking worst.
>>
>>2854362
Link's Awakening is much more of a straightforward game. The oracle games are more complex because they are based around switching back and forth between different overworlds. Some people find this annoying, but I think it's interesting.
>>
>>2854451
I'll agree their deals aren't always amazing, but that's beside the point. They do go on sale. Also, it's usually bundles or themes so wouldn't be surprising at all that both Zeldas were on sale at the same time. I got both SMTIV and Soul Hackers the same day because they were both on sale.
>>
File: file.png (233KB, 759x344px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
233KB, 759x344px
These games have so many characters I wish would return, which is probably impossible because Capcom. The animal companions are so much cooler than a goddamn normal assed horse, and these guys are adorable.
>>
>>2854362
Significantly better than Link's Awakening, which I've played around five times.

OOA and OOS are the same game on the same engine as LA, only with 10 times more content, and better in every tangible sense. They are the best games in the entire series. Better than OOT, MM, WW, LA, LTTP, and there is two of them, and they connect through passwords, link cables, or both. There literally isn't a Zelda with more dungeons, more items, more secrets, or more minigames. Plus that music, locations and characters are all great.

You can also wear rings that make the game harder if need be, in case you're looking for that.
>>
>>2854451
>Because they only put one game at a time on sale for like 10% off.

I bought Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, and Oracle of Ages all on the 3DS eShop at the same time and they were all on sale. It was last year during a Smash Bros. promotion I believe where characters had games from their series discounted for a week. There was a Mario week, a Zelda series week, Mega Man week, and I believe a Donkey Kong week.
>>
>>2854484
OoA was the only Zelda game I owned for a long time. I always loved it and style do. I love all the GB/C/A Zeldas, but I always thought the Oracle games were lacking in story and charm compared to Link's Awakening. Like, I don't really remember the stories, characters or events. Ofcourse I remember the animals, but besides that, I don't know. I really enjoy the gameplay, the overworlds, the two mechanics both games are build around and the music, but I don't know if I can go as fart as this guy. >>2854514
In fact, you are praising them so much that I think you're trolling. Never found someone in love with the Oracle games, but it would be a pleasent surprise.
>>
>>2854576
>Forgetting the intro
>Forgetting Maple
>Forgetting the Great Moblin
>Forgetting Symmetry City going to hell
>Forgetting your date with Rosa
>Forgetting the pirate ship leaving the desert
>Forgetting the Temple of Seasons getting blown up from underground
Nah, that guy's not trolling. I absolutely adore these games. Link's Awakening's ending has a larger impact, but there's a lot to like in the oracle games.
>>
>>2854362
Which order should I play these in?
>>
>>2854438
>Is there some weird thing where Seasons and Ages would never get put on sale?
Did you buy A Link Between Worlds? You probably got the download for free, it was a promotion they ran.
>>
>>2854793
Either. They're both great. If you play Seasons, then Ages, you get a neat little Donkey Kong-inspired mini-game halfway through the second adventure where you save Zelda from a Moblin, but if you play the other way, you get more backstory about the pirate captain and Queen Ambi, which was one of the cooler sub-plots of the game.
>>
>>2854476
I envy you Soul Hackers, I picked up my 3ds in January this year and only managed to get SMTIV for a lower price.

About Oracles - they provide you ton of fun, especially Ages as I found Seasons a little chaotic with this weather changing by walking up/down and so on.
>>
>>2854801
Thanks, I think I'll play Ages first then.
>>
>>2854804
You can get a physical copy of Soul Hackers for like $12 from GameStop. Highly recommend, amazing game.
>>
>>2854819
Eurofag here,
ebay pops up shitty deals for pal version, but will keep lurking anyway, thanks.
>>
>>2854451
>Nintendo's software prices are the fucking worst

And it keeps first party titles incredibly high quality.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 214x214px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 214x214px
>>2854369
No OP but It was on sale for 3.99 or 4.99 a few years back. I bought both. Do your research
>>
>>2854852
ah, at least you get miiverse support in your version.
>>
>>2854362
Oracle games = Link's Awakening, but more dragged out and tedious.
>>
>>2854594
Hmm, intersting, seems to be really focused on Seasons, isn't it? That's the game I didn't own. Any carming/intersting stuff in Ages?
>>
that kof2000\2001 disc on the ps2
>>
>>2854804
I bought a Saturn for Soul Hackers for Saturn and then it got cancelled. I waited a long, long time for that game.

I highly recommend it too. I think it's a much better game in most ways than SMTIV. The last few SMT games have felt very simplified. The demon conversations are all really easy now and they practically hand you demons on a platter all set to nuke the ones you're about to face.

Soul Hackers was a ton of fun though and having summoned demons out draining your power as you walked added some fun strategy. It might be my favorite SMT game overall actually. And the port is great. Even at it's regular price it's a good deal.
>>
I just walked into the 7th dungeon on Oracle of Ages. So far the puzzles have been not so so bad. I've only gotten frustrated and looked something up once. If you're a bit better than me at Zelda style puzzles you'll probably not have a hard time. Overall I'd really recommend, not the most captivating story but the gameplay and items and time changing mechanic make it, dare I say, fun.
>>
>>2856114
Seasons was the game that I borrowed as a kid, and I listed the things that stuck with me ever since then.

Ages is still cool, but not as much imo.
The main villain possesses a queen to control the citizens to do whatever she wants.

She also stops the flow of time to force workers into building a tower without rest for days on end.

At the end Ralph is willing to kill the queen, even if it means he will never be born.

Kawaii waifu tree.

Exploring under the sea.

Crescent Island had an interesting gimmick where you had to re-find your stuff.

That grandma who grieves over a child who turned to stone.

Idk, seasons blew my mind back in the day. Ages is still fun, but I wasn't as impressed when I finally played it.
>>
>>2856461
I actually found Ages more memorable, I played both as a kid. Maybe it's because it was more plot oriented, but I can remember more clearly how Ages progresses, whereas I can only remember few moments of Seasons.

The Black Tower and how people are frozen and time are the most memorable parts of Ages for me, since you can see and explore the tower being progressively built, and since you also help those frozen in time. Veran was sexy as hell, too.

Stuff like Crescent Island and Symmetry Village is clear in my mind as well. Also the Ages Maku Tree is waaaay more memorable than the Seasons one.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.