[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi there /vr/. I'm thinking of buying these game but sc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (61KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 750x750px
Hi there /vr/. I'm thinking of buying these game but screwdrivers and a tri-wing screwdriver so I can take apart my games, and consoles go clean them. Would these screwdrivers be good?

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/371085566580

The only reason I am asking is because I just want to make sure they're not poorly made.
>>
Look pretty standard in passing.
>>
>>2849913
Those look exactly like mine.
>>
File: autism_awareness.gif (45KB, 550x284px) Image search: [Google]
autism_awareness.gif
45KB, 550x284px
>implying you're ever going to take apart enough games/systems to damage either
>>
>>2849913
>have NES with blinking light
>clean 72 pin connector, sand pins
>NES loads game but keeps resetting
>follow everybody's advice and clip 4th pin on lockout chip to disable the constant restarting
>NES still restarting even with lockout chip disabled
What do, /vr/? I've got one of those shitty NES clones by hyperkin but I want to play on the actual NES I own. Everything seems fine except it keeps restarting.
>>
They're shit quality.

VGM or whoever make a descent set of the security bits.
>>
>>2849913
at $6 you could use them once or twice and they'd pay for themselves, I wouldn't worry too much about longevity or lasting quality at that price-point. Besides, they're screwdrivers, it's not like quality dips that much from brand to brand, I've never had a 'bad' screwdriver of any kind, even dollar store cheapos work fine.
>>
>>2850037
I actually have taken apart enough carts to go through a good 6 NES/SNES gamebits until I found somewhere selling a set that wasn't garbage.
Granted, I run a game store and open 30-40 carts a day to clean them, but still. Fuck you buddy :^)
>>
>>2850092
You would probably have better luck taking pictures of the insides and posting it in the General Tech/Repair thread.
>>
>>2850204
>UHH ACTUALLY I RUN A GAME STORE

My dad works for nintendo
>>
>>2853178
Man good job bumping a day old thread with a shitpost.

Neo/vr/ everybody.
>>
buy 2
>>
>>2850092
i had the same problem with an n64 i open it, and cleaned the board with alcohol, now it works fine
>>
they're all chinese junk, just find the cheapest ones you can find.

if they go bad replace them. i bought generic chinese shit from ebay 10 years ago and it still works
>>
>>2853178
Are you actually retarded? There's nothing unbelievable about running your own business.
>>
>>2849913
they're just lumps of metal. I have a $10 set I bought ages ago and another set that was $1 I got free with something else and they're exactly the same. Just make sure you get the snes cart and gb one
>>
>>2853737
>2853737
get these they're cheaper http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8mm-4-5mm-Security-Screwdriver-Tool-Bit-for-Nintendo-NES-SNES-N64-Game-Boy-/331572996922?hash=item4d334a6b3a:g:sr8AAOSwstxVbqPm
>>
>>2850204
>I run a game store
Thanks for being part of the problem.

>and open 30-40 carts a day to clean them
The average autist won't even open what you'd open in a week in their entire lifetime, thanks for validating my opinion.

>Fuck you buddy
I'm not your buddy, guy.
>>
>>2853635
>just find the cheapest ones you can find
I'd say find the longest gamebit screwdrivers you can find. Those Gamecube screws are really in there deep.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.