[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I get the original Warcraft games? It looks like Blizzard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: warcraft.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
warcraft.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
Where can I get the original Warcraft games?

It looks like Blizzard only sells the recent games and don't give a fuck about their classics but I'm still having problems trying to find a physical copy...

Is my best option piracy?
>>
They haven't sold WC1 in nearly two decades now. They didn't even sell it in the box with WC2, SC and Diablo 1.
For WC2 you should try to get the Battlenet Edition.
>>
used to love the 'head to head' box art of the old warcraft games. Anyone got a good copy of the pirate themed one?
>>
Here you go anon
CD Image:
http://www.old-games.ru/game/download/get.php?fileid=2856&modal=1

1.21 patch:
http://www.old-games.ru/game/download/get.php?fileid=12351&modal=1

Manual:
http://www.old-games.ru/game/download/get.php?fileid=5573&modal=1
>>
Aren't these considered abandonware these days? I believe I downloaded wc2 openly a few years ago...but no longer have that PC.
I have however, dug up my old original copies! Now...to find a PC that will play them, because vm sounds like a hassle and a half.
>>
>>2846019
Abandonware is not a real thing. You could say Blizzard abandoned them but that doesn't entitle anyone to do something with them.
WC1 and 2 should work with DOSbox without too many issues and WC2BNE on modern Windows.
>>
>>2845751
I still have my disks floating around, but damn if the original isn't hard to get back into at times. Think I had problems getting WC2 to play properly.
>>
WC3 was amazing. Buy that shit
>>
>>2845751
Piracy is pretty much your only option, unless you're up for finding used physical copies.
>>
>>2845751
>Can download Blackthorne for free from their website

>No WC/WC2 anywhere

This makes literally no fucking sense.
>>
As it gets closer to the release of the movie I will bet they'll start trying to monetize the old WC games.
>>
>>2849001
I just saw the trailer for that, it looks fucking awful.
>>
I am really sad how Warcraft turned out. I really enjoyed Warcraft 1 when I was a kid and when WC2 came out, that shit was crazy.

I wasn't a big fan of wc3 though and I never bothered with WOW.

Does anyone else prefer the old RTS over the mmo?
>>
>>2849195
Loved Warcraft. No interest in the MMO. It saddens me that it killed the franchise.
>>
>>2849206
>killed the franchise

They'll have a Warcraft 4 eventually. Blizzard is just really, REALLY slow with releasing things.

The Lost Vikings was released 1992. The Lost Vikings 2 was released 1997. 5 year gap.
Warcraft 2 was released 1995. Warcraft 3 was released 2002. 7 year gap.
Starcraft was released 1998. Starcraft 2 was released 2010. 12 year gap.
Diablo 2 was released 2000. Diablo 3 was released 2012. 12 year gap.

It's a little late for WC4 if you don't count WoW, but not so late that it would even be surprisingly comparatively.
>>
>>2849490
WoW was Warcraft 4. And I'd imagine the 5th entry will be produced when the final servers are turned off. Given the WoW exodus I don't think it'll be too long now.
>>
>>2845751
Wish I could still find WC2 BNE but its gone from the web, cant find a working link. Help me anons, your my only hope as my CD is scratched to ruin.
>>
>>2849747
>Given the WoW exodus I don't think it'll be too long now.
It would have to lose like 90% of its players to go from being the biggest MMORPG to being the second biggest MMORPG
>>
I'd love wrecking today's kids shit with a legit RTS.
>>
Warcraft 1 was the last time Warcraft had a reasonable story line.
>>
>>2849747
Why would they wait? Warcraft 4 could be based on the previous WoW expansions. Hell, they could even reuse the same engine, models, voice clips, and all sorts of shit. It'd cost them peanuts and make them millions.
>>
>>2849747
>Given the WoW exodus I don't think it'll be too long now.
Projects that that big never die fast. And WoW was biggest MMO of 00s (and still one of the biggest MMOs today). Look at all big MMOs of late 90s-early 00s - there are still mostly there.
Ultima Online, Everquest, Lineage, Asheron's Call all still have working servers. And the were created before WoW. What makes you think WoW will die before them?
>>
I have it OP
But I'm not giving it to you
>>
>>2851502
What was wrong with W2?
>>
>>2851504
Why do that when they can just pump out more WoW expansions? Besides, they probably want to coast on Star Craft 2 sales for a bit.

I wish we lived in a timeline where Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans was released, bombed, and as a result scared Blizzard away from making non-RTS WC games.
>>
File: 1417484926947.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1417484926947.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
>>2849019
>company known for making animated intros that are on par with theatrical animated movies for almost two decades now
>decide to have the first movie based on one of their franchises be live action
>>
>>2852226
Maybe it would've been difficult to find a studio to make a fully animated film based on the series. Probably it is more likely that they thought a live action hybrid film would have greater mainstream appeal given the likely PG-13 rating.
>>
>>2846045
>WC1 and 2 should work with DOSbox without too many issues
Both games suffer one very big issue, at least on standard 0.74 DOSBox: The scrolling routine relies on the GPU being slow, but the emulated GPU is not. So even if the game itself, the action, runs at normal speed, scrolling is so stupidly fast, it's almost unusable. There are, I think, some forks or variants of DOSBox out there, that address the issue and throttle the GPU. But default DOSBox + WC 1/2 is not fun.
>>
>>2852226
Not to mention, it's completely staffed with no name actors and actresses.

It also looks like the single most generic as fuck fantasy setting/storyline. Literally no charm.

It looks like a mid tier budget Syfy channel movie.

They've already destroyed the Starcraft games for me... I don't want a fucking movie adaptation...
>>
>>2853238
>It also looks like the single most generic as fuck fantasy setting/storyline. Literally no charm.

Take however much money the Warcraft movie makes. Now imagine how much more you'd have if you made two movies: Arthas. Wrath of the Lich King.

Also subtly mix in some side stuff with the more palatable non-genre stuff like a few laser mummies and an airship battle or two. But nah, gotta recap this period in time instead I guess.
>>
>>2848940
>Lost Vikings only has the SNES port
>ZSNES
A for effort at least.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.