[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently playing GMDX 8.0 for Deus Ex and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Aquinas.png (245KB, 288x391px) Image search: [Google]
Aquinas.png
245KB, 288x391px
I'm currently playing GMDX 8.0 for Deus Ex and it's pretty great, easily the best overhaul mod the game has to offer, much better than the over-marketed Revision. What are some other great overhauls for older PC titles that gives the game a second life?
>>
>>2845507
Not retro, but the mechwarrior mod for crysis warhead.

Also there's basically tons of mods for unreal:tournament, and doom. check the eternal doom thread?

For rpgs, I can only think of Diablo II and Neverwinter Nights(both the retro and non-retro game).
>>
>>2845507
What does GMDX do? I started playing Revision (original sountrack and character models, Shifter mode) for my Christmas playthrough.

So far the biggest problem is that some of the animated textures (the TV's, those pump things on medical equipment) look weird exactly because they're higher-quality.
>>
>>2848136
GMDX is a mechanics overhaul, it rebalances augmentations, skills, adds perks, enhance enemy AI, minor scenery changes, revamped difficulty (harder than the original). Check out the moddb page http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/ but keep in mind that version 8.0 won't release to the public yet (but you can request it to the author via PM)
>>
Definitely FSOpen for Freespace 2 and Rebirth for Descent 1/2

RIP Interplay
>>
>>2848254
>http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx

I'm watching the videos for GMDX.

Is it possible to run GMDX with a Steam version of Deus Ex along side Revision?
>>
>>2851459
With the steam version, yes, alongside revision, I don't think so
>>
Are we allowed to talk about deus ex here now? It's not even a sequel to a pre millenial series like thief 2 and red alert 2
>>
>>2852224
>Are we allowed to talk about deus ex here now?
Yes.
>>
>>2851753
>>2851459
>>2845507

>GMDXv8.0's release date has been set back to DEC 20th 2015 as more testing time is needed.

I'll wait a few more days.
>>
>>2845507
I thought 8.0 wasn't out until the 20th?
>>
Is there a Mod for Deus Ex that changes the godawful asethetic?

Graphics I can live with, it's the art direction in the game I got beef with
>>
>>2845507
>no Steam requirement
Already better. Man I even feel bad for GOG during that whole shitfest, but it's not like there isn't a cracked EXE for Revision floating around anyway.

Fuck Square-Enix.
>>
>>2852224
DeusEx and Arcanum are examples of stuff that has always been allowed on /vr/ for a couple reasons.
>>
>had a broken copy of Deus Ex on steam running Shifter
>fixed the copy and decided to download Revision because it looked like it ruined the Shifter installation and it includes Shifter + BioMod
>see this thread while its downloading

Is Revision really that bad, boys? I just don't wanna play vanilla Deus Ex, really.

also I'm spoiled on explosive 10mm ammo
>silenced 10mm + exp. 10mm ammo = giga sentry bot killer
>>
>>2855319
What pissed me the most off about revision was the development progress. I realized revision was being developed by idiots when they delayed the release of the mod for three months to beg squenix to give them some sorta official recognition for their shitty mod. There piece of shit they spent a whole six years on is only an auto-installer for hdtp, new vision, and shifter/biomod with a some very few of their own original content. Unfortunately all of their original texture work is complete ass, just look at the new character face textures. They also mixed-up the level design somewhat; I can't really say how good or bad the new level design is because I was too fed up with this mod team's shit to complete a playthrough.

Just get gmdx v8 now by messaging the author and saying you'll help find bugs, or just wait a week for it to come out.
>>
>>2855480
Yeah I've been playing the Revision mod for the past two days and its pretty much what you described. I dont hate the new level changes, but I don't love them either.
>>
>>2855319

As someone completely oblivious to all the background shit described in >>2855480, it's pretty great. The new level designs and graphic updates are nice, weather effects are neat and add to the atmosphere. I was particularly impressed with UNATCO HQ's redesign.

It's exciting if you've beaten DX to death like most fans. Just make sure you disable HD character models and the revised soundtrack before starting.
>>
>>2845507
>find out that the .u files contain the UnrealScript source code used to implement large parts of DX
>changes to the code are not picked up by DX (it uses not the source code, but the compiled bytecode), but you can see how e.g. damage is calculated
>>
>>2855319
>Is Revision really that bad, boys? I just don't wanna play vanilla Deus Ex, really.

The best way I can put it is that Deus ex will make the scenery feel new (not always positive), while GMDX will make the gameplay feel new. All of your previous strategies change completely in a GMDX playthrough and ultimately I feel this way succeeds in giving a seasoned player a new DX experience. More than Revision anyways.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.