[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most graphically impressive game for the SNES that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

What is the most graphically impressive game for the SNES that used no expansion chips?
>>
File: goeimpact.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
goeimpact.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
I'm rather fond of the Goemon games.

Not sure if "impressive" is the word, but they're very colorful, lively, well animated and just full of eye candy.
>>
Donkey Kong Country easily.
>>
seiken densetsu 3
>>
Tales of Phantasia is pretty fantastic for a 'no-chip' game
>>
>>2845105
Sexy Parodius.
>>
>>2845960

Didn't come out on SNES senpai, must be thinking of Fantastic or Chatting Parodius.
>>
>>2845108
wait, why do you have that in english? Please share, however incomplete it might be
>>
>>2845183
Didn't it use SDD1 compression?
>>
Rendering Rangers by far. Not a great game tho.
>>
Sparkster

>>2848581
Thats star ocean
>>
>>2848596
No, I'm sure Tales of Phantasia did too. I remember something about it needing decompression packs in ZSNES.
>>
>>2845108
I know that's hands, but I'll be damned if it doesn't look like he's laying on a pair of gigantic boobs.
>>
I remember being very impressed by wing commander at the time.
>>
File: FE5.001.png (43KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
FE5.001.png
43KB, 256x224px
Fire emblem thracia 776 looks bootyful
>>
File: 1371586670760.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1371586670760.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>>2845129
This.

Some of the magic and special effects use HDMA-FixedColorAddition/Subtration trickery the likes of which I've never seen else where. I need to look into SD3's code someday to figure out how the hell they put together some of those effects.

That aside, they level of mastery of the hardware is top notch. Square used layers extremely efficiently, and pulled off things like being able to walk in front of and behind background objects by careful priority and draw order management. And layering wasn't strictly done well with graphics, but with the limited 8 voice audio unit too.

This all goes without mentioning the quality of the graphics and the music, but that's more about memory and talented artist, and less about clever computing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.