[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>one hit death >three lives >no continues Why would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: gfs_59648_2_5[1].jpg (59KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_59648_2_5[1].jpg
59KB, 800x700px
>one hit death
>three lives
>no continues

Why would anyone be so sadistic as to design a game like this? Even assuming it was the 80s and no one knew anything about proper game design, did no one who play tested it think it was too hard and speak up? I mean it's just common sense that people aren't perfect, yet they still made games that demanded perfection.
>>
git gud fgt
>>
What game is that?
>>
>>2844538
Fighting Frogs Simulator 2014
>>
>>2844538
Famicom Star Wars. How do you not recognize Luke there?
>>
>>2844538
Star Wars vs Angry Birds
>>
>>2844515
high difficulty = less selling the game back shortly after release. any other questions?
>>
>>2844630
more like they'll sell the game back out of frustration
>>
>>2844515
use the force you stupid faggot
>>
>>2844515

>proper game design

You mean like running down a hallway for 45 hours? Or do you mean like the penultimate challenge being a QTE?

Modern games are FAR worse, for FAR worse reasons. Classic games at least tried to be entertaining (though admittedly hard as shit for shitty reasons)
>>
>>2844515
>did no one who play tested it think it was too hard and speak up?
Yeah, it was the 80's the designers and programmers played and tested the games. Because they were so used to the games, they felt easy for them and usually ended tweaking up the difficult before release.
Games now had real betatesters that don't have any involvement with the developing of the game, and games are targeted to a larger community, includying casual gamers, so a really "80's difficult" game, wouldn't sell too well.
>>
>>2844581

probably because he has black hair and is fighting what looks like a taco with shades...
>>
File: 1.jpg (12KB, 372x286px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
12KB, 372x286px
>>2845092
>a taco with shades
>>
>>2845074
>Yeah, it was the 80's the designers and programmers played and tested the games. Because they were so used to the games, they felt easy for them and usually ended tweaking up the difficult before release.
Wonder who knew or came to this conclusion this before Iwata's interview in Game Center CX. I didn't.
>>
>>2844538
Alarmed Child Wielding a Water Noodle Attacks Tiny Masked Stegosaurus: The Game.
>>
>>2844515
It's not even that bad until the death star maze at the end.
>>
>>2844515
>I mean it's just common sense that people aren't perfect, yet they still made games that demanded perfection.
Oh, go fuck yourself.

Replay value. There's a longplay on youtube of that game, it is about 40mins long.
But how many hours will it take for you to reach that level?

Whenever a kid said "I finished Super Mario Land" the other kids would say "Who gives a shit?" because it's easy as fuck.
Now, whenever someone said "I finished Kid Chameleon" people would flip their shit and the kid would be awesome, until they realized he was lying.

Games were hard because you had to earn the right to see the ending.
>>
>>2844515
They weren't designing games for casual faggots causal faggot.
>>
>>2845593
>causal faggot

Being a casual about video games is one thing, but being casual about the English language is easily ten times worse, you clusaul faggot.
>>
>>2845074
This, OP. Listen to Iwata-san words, they are his legacy to us so we would never argue about this again.
>>
>>2845495
Damn right.

Having stacks of Nintendo Power magazines made you a pussy and don't even think about using that Game "Weenie".
>>
File: famicom_starwars.jpg (472KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
famicom_starwars.jpg
472KB, 1024x682px
>>2844515
>>2845094

here's my interpretation of OP's pic
>>
>>2845112
I've always thought this was the case ever since Valve showed how much they can fuck up their own games based on the whims of literal retards playtesting their games. Retro devs playtesting their own game is one end of the spectrum and modern day devs having the offspring of two down syndrome parents playtest their game is the other.
>>
>>2844515
Did you know that James & Michael played this very game on their most recent YouTube.com video. What a coincident.
>>
>>2846171
You mean James Rolfe (of AVGN fame) and Michael Matei (artist and skilled impersonator) from www.cinemassacre.com? Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to watch their latest video on their Youtube channel right away!
>>
One thing about this game I've never heard mentioned online was how you could use a coin like a quarter in the port on the front of the famicom and it would activate a stage select.
>>
>>2846165
love it 10/10
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.