[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, little question for anyone who might know. My SNES broke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: s-l1600.jpg (186KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
186KB, 1200x1600px
So, little question for anyone who might know. My SNES broke a few years back and I decided to replace it. For whatever reason, a standard Super Famicom is far cheaper on eBay than any SNES I can find (too many produced???) so I bought one instead.

I've heard some shit about not using cartridge adapters, that it could damage the console or something? I have no idea as I'm unaware of any SFC to SNES adapters though I would imagine they exist seeing as there's many of the inverse.

It's hooked up and working fine but I'm obviously only able to play my imports right now. I'm not going to the trouble of opening up games. So, just shave the door/some plastic off or what? If there's an adapter and nothing wrong with it then that input would be appreciated, thanks.
>>
use a game genie or something
>>
>>2843918
Who cares if it gets damaged? You can literally buy a brand new one for 50 bucks.
>>
Why wouldn't you use an adapter? Get a Game Genie and cut it down to fit in the SFC's slot then you have an adapter and cheats too.
>>
>>2843918
I don't know how it could damage the console. I'd imagine you could find a basic pass through adapter that does nothing but remap the pins. You can also just take apart the console and play without the top on. Not pretty, but it'd work.
>>
>>2843957
I don't know why I said remap... The pinout is the same.
>>
>>2843938
That won't work with every game, though. GGs don't have enough pin connectors for some of the games.
>>
>>2844006
UFO then
>>
Just take it apart and take the dark grey bit off. Either that or just get a pal shaped super everdrive and play everything off that.
>>
>>2843918
Tricky part is finding an adapter that will adapt all the pins so games that have extra chips like Starfox, Super Mario RPG, Yoshi's Story, Megaman X2+ etc. work.

Many only adapt the most commonly used middle pins and not the extra two sets of pins on each side of that.
>>
Buy a Super Everdrive / SD2SNES

/thread
>>
>>2843918
Get an adapter. It's not wort the effort to fuck around with anything else to save a few bucks.

>>2843934
>You can
No I can't. I paid $25 for a NIB one a few months back. No way I could bring myself to pay that much for another one.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.