[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to play pic related but don't have an SNES and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: chronotrigger-sfc.jpg (69KB, 550x371px) Image search: [Google]
chronotrigger-sfc.jpg
69KB, 550x371px
I want to play pic related but don't have an SNES and I'm not getting it any time soon.

Should I emulate it or play it on PS1?
>>
>>2841853
PS1 versions sucks ass due to bad porting and terrible load times. If you want to pay for it, play the DS version. Otherwise just emulate on whatever.
>>
Don't play the PS1 version, the load times are absolute bullshit and the animated cut scenes don't add anything to the game.

Get the DS version or just emulate the SNES version.
>>
>>2841853
The DS version is probably the best, so if you can buy or emulate that, go ham.
>>
Get the DS version, friend!
>>
>>2841859
>>2841860
Not op but disappointed to hear this as I have this on ps1 and have yet to play that version. How is the ff that's in this set play?
>>
You're probably better off just emulating the original SNES version. I have the PS1 version and the load times are definitely absurd. If you have a DS, then of course that's always an option. It retains in the cinematics from the PS1 version.

>>2842074

Sadly, probably the best version of FF4 you'll ever get your hands on, unless you want to import the original untranslated hard type and play it that way.

The game does have its share of lag just like the CT port, but you get used to it. The music was also converted like shit, so there are occasional audio hiccups when transitioning from battles back to the map screen.
>>
Why does everyone recommend the DS version over SNES?
>>
>>2842137
Portable and cheaper than buying a SNES cart in 2015.
>>
>>2842097
What about FF4 Advance? Or the PSP version?
>>
>>2842147
>What about FF4 Advance?

Awful, bugged out mess with a really bad translation. The palettes are washed out to accommodate people who may be playing with non-backlight GBAs, so all the graphics look like shit. The character portraits and menu designs were redone, badly. The bonus content feels shoehorned and extremely out of place. The Latin fonts used in all the FF GBA ports are utter garbage.

I guess it's worth noting that the European and Japan rev. A versions incorporate some bugfixes, but that's not enough to salvage this port.

>Or the PSP version?

On par with the GBA port, except now all the sprites are improperly scaled up. Enemy bitmaps look like they were sloppily redrawn by completely different artists. Some are too blurry, some look like they were scaled by different algorithms, etc.
>>
>>2842210
Does it matter? It's the same game. Would you rather everyone just say: "Shell out a ton of money for a SNES cart, or play the horrendous PSX version?"
>>
There is also a port on the Wii virtual console. It's pretty loyal to the original in my opinion, but you would have to use a gamecube controller. Sort of weird but you get over it
>>
I just started playing it emulated a few days ago. About 10 to 12 hours in. I don't know if its me or not, but every time I boot up the game, it starts me off in a previous save. Like when I save, I save the game like normal and the do a save state. But when I sit down to play again it takes me to the previous save. I've fought like 4 bosses twice this way (thankfully it wasn't any long fights. Just Ozzie, mud imp and the beasts, etc). I'm scared to load up from a save state through. I've had games bug out before and start me off on a save state from hours before and then when I reset the game it starts me off from that save state
>>
>>2842289
Some emulators aren't great with in-game saves. I would suggest just making a save state when you get to an appropriate point and forget about doing so in game.
>>
>>2841853
PS1 version is just fine on a PSP, loading times are almost non-existent with the disc speed set to 'fast'.
>>
>>2842314
Can you do the same on PS2?
>>
>>2842365
Yep. That whole PS1 load times thing is only actually true on a PS1. I'm enjoying several PS1 games with reduced load times on my Vita
>>
>>2842210
The game itself is retro
>>
>>2842143
also much better translation.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.