[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you playing? How far are you? I just got to the Volcano

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 18

File: SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS[1].jpg (60KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS[1].jpg
60KB, 640x443px
What are you playing? How far are you?

I just got to the Volcano in pic related. The battle music is hypnotic.
>>
File: header.jpg (18KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
18KB, 460x215px
>>2837910
Making my way through the sealed cavern
>>
>>2837910
I finished the linked game, but I'm trying to get as many rings as possible before starting a Hero file. I got the goron dance ring so the worst is done.
>>
>>2837928
I got like 5 temples or so into that game on my 3ds. I need to revisit it, it improved on Link's Awakening in like every way but mannnn some of those puzzles were brutal.
>>
>>2837950
The 7th dungeon is brutal. Like, everyone's bitching about the water temple is true brutal.

Hero's Cave in the linked game is also pretty insane.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 250x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 250x455px
I just started. I'm chasing down the Basilisk right now.
I like the new interface, it's faster and easier to use.
>>
>>2838194
Is that smt 2?
>>
>>2837928
I recently finished Links Awakening and think I'm going to play the oracle games now. Do I do Seasons first for completionist sake?
>>
>>2838520
It honestly doesn't really matter, but Ages is recommended first. You need to play both games twice in order to get every ring, and to do all of the secret password quests.

When you finally look up a guide to get all of the rings, they'll explain why Ages is first. It's a really minor reason.
>>
I guess people on /vr/ don't play games
>>
Busy with work this time of year so I have just been casually playing Pokemon Crystal on travel times. Just started so only on the first gym. Pretty fun except I am emulating and I can't remember how to emulate and make the time passage work properly....
>>
>>2837910
I've been going through the SNES Star Wars games. First one was great, I'm in Cloud City in Empire and holy fuck it's hard. Loving it though.
>>
>>2839608
Can you give me reasons why I should play this?
>>
File: FF2 logo_PSP--article_image.jpg (39KB, 620x257px) Image search: [Google]
FF2 logo_PSP--article_image.jpg
39KB, 620x257px
>>2837910
Just starting pic related.I finished the first 2 days ago and I'm still not sure if I want to continue playing this.
>>
>>2839724
I've heard nothing but bad things about FF2. How is FF? Worth playing? I really have only played 6-9. I've started others, but never beaten.
>>
>>2837910
Best JRPG ever, BTW.
>>
FF7, 10 hours in and i just got outta midgar, but alot of that time was just me idling and posting on here
>>
>>2839745
Is this your first day on /vr/ ever? That game has quite a big following around here.

It's very different from your standard JRPG, but is an excellent game if you like what it's trying.
>>
>>2839757
I just discovered this board about a week ago, so yeah kinda hah. How long is it?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
Letsee, I think I just got popoi but I can't remember. I know I grinded him a lot in the dungeon after the tiger thing.
>>
>>2839759
It's an average length JRPG. The GBA/PSP version is a faster play than the NES one.

Basically the way the game works is that there are no classes or levels. It's all dependent on how you act in battles. If you take damage in a battle, your character will have a chance of gaining more hit points at the end of it. Likewise if you swing a sword, block an attack with a shield or cast a spell.

It makes for a very interesting game, but not one that you can just breeze through attacking constantly and just grinding levels till you're powerful. Succeeding takes planning. The system later became the basis for the SaGa series of games, which have an ongoing general here. If you try and like FFII, I highly recommend checking out the SaGa games.
>>
>>2839773
I'm asking about FF1, not 2. That sounds like a potentially cool battle system though. Reminds me a bit of Grandia.
>>
>>2839717
It's quite challenging, which is either good or bad depending on your skill and tastes. I'm finding it quite tough but a hell of a lot of fun and the platforming is great.

The controls are tight and Luke especially is a lot of fun to control. If you like action platformers I think it's at least worth a try.
>>
>>2839783
It has none of Grandia's timing stuff. I don't remember the stat gain in that game though. I kind of hate Grandia.

I can't recommend FFI all that much to be honest. It's very basic and ultimately very boring to play. Regardless of what party make up you have, at least 90% of the game is just selecting attack.

If you were going to play it, I would recommend the GBA version only because it's the easiest so you can really rush through.
>>
I'm playing opoona not very far
>>
>>2839797
How is it?
>>
>>2838520
If you're going to completely 100% the games, you'll need to go through them twice. If that's your plan, go with ages first. After you finish linked seasons, you'll get a password to start over from seasons first. This is good because you'll NEVER be able to 100% explore the ages map unless you go through seasons first. There'll always be an inaccessible square.

So if your plan is going through them twice, start with ages. Then get a "hero quest" starting with seasons and you'll get a complete 100%.

Also a minor, idiotic reason to do this, but hyrule historia says seasons go first. Probably because of the inaccessible map thing in ages?
>>
I've tried playing Super Mario RPG many times but i've never found an emulator that worked.

I bought a disc for PS2 with over 700 SNES games, that one emulator that has a Super Mario level in the background and a catchy soundtrack, there is Mario RPG in there but it doesn't work as well.
>>
File: KameksRevenge.png (7KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
KameksRevenge.png
7KB, 256x224px
I'm playing Yoshi's Island, currently on the extra level of world 5.

God damn it Kamek, stop being a dick.
>>
File: title.png (6KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
title.png
6KB, 256x223px
Right now I'm up to beneath stonehenge, just encountered my first starmen. I fucking found a cup of life noodles when I desperately needed it an accidentally dropped it cause it was given to an unconscious member and I couldn't press "use". Died in there and have to redo it again.

Otherwise, this is making its way to my top 10 games OAT. Fuck dude this game is so ahead of its time graphically, musically, and overall. This game really makes me immersed.
>>
>>2840472
Mario RPG was one of the first games I've emulated on my wii. It shouldn't be that hard to get working.
>>
ECCO.
I'm at the vents.
>>
FF IX, just arrived at Lindblum
>>
File: 4608_front.jpg (92KB, 640x1032px) Image search: [Google]
4608_front.jpg
92KB, 640x1032px
Just got to Necrons Coliseum the other day.
>>
>>2837910

Megaman X. I hadn't played it since 1993 and I got a copy this last week. I'm only 5 bosses in and this game has been kicking my ass!
>>
>>2839763
>>2839763
Protip: Spells. Don't even bother leveling up weapons.

Also, FIND NEKO ON THE LOST CONTINENT BEFORE YOU GO TO THE MANA HOLYLANDS, or prepare to get your arse handed to you.
>>
With Terranigma I finished the Quintet trilogy and it was quite underwhelming. Especially Terranigma, which was supposed to be this masterpiece of a story, but everything about it was so mediocre. I enjoy Soul Blazer the most.
>>
File: Legend_of_Legaia.png (123KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_Legaia.png
123KB, 256x256px
I've just reached Sol Tower. For some reason this is the part of the game that slows down a lot for me. It is the 3rd time I'm playing this game in the last 5 or so years and I always stop playing here or just after beating Gaza on the roof.
>>
>>2841454
When I was a kid, I almost gave up because of not having proper equipment there.
>>
>>2840509
Even though it's tough, it is very well worth your effort to rescue all the dolphins there.
>>
>>2841591
He was talking crazy anyways, the weapon upgrades in SoM are great. There are a few people around here who don't like the game much and hate the charge system though, so he may have been one of them.
>>
File: U gonna git TREBOR'D.jpg (343KB, 480x2498px) Image search: [Google]
U gonna git TREBOR'D.jpg
343KB, 480x2498px
Wizardry IV again because I got nostalgia

Just barely made it to the ninth floor after dying like 8 times, still as batshit insane as I remembered.

Have some fresh OC.
>>
>>2841454
Weapon levels and their special abilities do huge damage, actually.
>>
>>2841490
Soul Blazer was my favorite as well.
I don't remember Terranigma very well.
>>
File: 48076_front.jpg (120KB, 577x811px) Image search: [Google]
48076_front.jpg
120KB, 577x811px
Shining in the Darkness, just got the other two party members and am now leveling them up before I can progress with the story. Why am I playing this.
>>
>>2842161
>"POCKET SAND!"
>>
>>2838471
Yes it is.
>>
>>2841641
>>2841984
Upgrade the weapons for sure, I'm saying don't bother leveling them up, even for charges. Regular enemies are easy to beat without charging, and when fighting bosses you should just spam spells since they pause the entire battle (no idea why, Seiken Densetsu 3 magic system is so much better, but then they removed charging up weapons)!
>>
>>2842972
the charged weapons got changed to the tech bar thing in SD3, but then again your level 1 tech is always stronger than the other ones anyway so once again they fugged that concept up
>>
>>2842976
The tech 1 isn't stronger (is it?) it's just if you use level 2 or 3 on a boss you get hit with some bullshit way too powerful counterattack.

Serious what was with the designers of these games... Magic system in SoM makes regular attacking/charing of bosses pointless, but then in SD3 bosses' overpowerful counterattack to magic and techs makes offensive magic a huge risk. The hardest boss in the game can be beaten by using an item to prevent it healing itself and then just spamming the most basic attack.
>>
>>2842985
I don't remember, I think it's a time x benefit thing, techs 2 and 3 are powerful but by the time they are fully charged you could have hit the enemies twice with tech 1s.
>>
>>2839793
>at least 90% of the game is just selecting attack.

and 20% is getting "Ineffective" because you targeted an enemy who is now dead.
>>
building up to running a round of nobungasa's ambition just for old times sake.
>>
>>2837928
So how's it coming along? I just made it up to the 5th dungeon. This is my first real go at it since I was little and gave up years ago. I don't really blame young me, some of these puzzles... trying so hard not to use the internet for help...
>>
File: panzersaga.png (2MB, 750x1169px) Image search: [Google]
panzersaga.png
2MB, 750x1169px
For the first time since it came out. I think I love it even more now than I did at the time.
>>
>>2840495

definitely try Mother 3 next then, if you haven't played it yet

unless you want to do Earthbound Zero instead for some reason
>>
>>2840515

I watched a Let's Play of that recently. Pretty cool game, though I'm glad I didn't have to actually play it myself. (Would have been painful.)
>>
>>2842985

They were making games for kids. Kids mostly don't need balanced difficulty in a story-focused game. They need brain candy.
>>
>>2848225

MOTHER = God tier
MOTHER 3 = Demigod tier
MOTHER 2 = Nostalgia tier
>>
File: dq3gbc_ad_001.jpg (372KB, 1171x1562px) Image search: [Google]
dq3gbc_ad_001.jpg
372KB, 1171x1562px
>>2837910
Dragon Warrior 3 GBC. Just convinced the elves to release the one city from slumber and now am lost looking for the next town.

Said east from a castle but I've already hit the ocean. I'm pretty dumb.
>>
>>2840505
Does it work better on the Wii than ZSNES or something?

Own the cart but it's lost in storage at the moment and would love to replay it.
>>
>>2848247
Stop using zsnes and check out the wiki for which emulator to use.
>>
>>2848247
No, what I meant was it worked on the wii so it should work on just about any pc emulator. Idk why that guy was having so much trouble.
>>
>>2840495
>Fuck dude this game is so ahead of its time graphically
I really wouldn't say that. Aside from the awesome backgrounds it was graphically really simple.

>musically
Absolutely.
>>
>>2848247
It doesn't work with zsnes, sound gets fucked to hell

It works perfectly for me on snes9x
>>
>>2845883
I've been thinking about playing this, but I keep putting it off. Can you tell me why I should?
>>
>>2845881
None of the puzzle in that game should be hard for anyone over the age of 12. Seriously.

>>2848242
MOTHER = Too many random encounters in too indistinct dungeons tier
EARTHBOUND = Good game with worst hipster fanbase tier
MOTHER 3 = Actually good tier

>>2848247
Super Mario RPG has some propriety chip in it that some versions of ZNES don't emulate. If you have the latest version, you need to go back a version or two for a version that supports the chip. Just check a wiki.
>>
>>2848247
ZSNES is poor and shouldn't be used. There are snes9x, higan, and mednafen that will work MUCH better across the board than zsnes. Just because your first emulator was zsnes doesn't mean you should continue being attached to it needlessly.
>>
>>2848834
It's not really loyalty, just not using it that much and when I did, worked fine. Its more of a lack of looking up anything else.

>>2848823
>>2848269
>>2848261
>>2848256
Danke.
>>
Doing my annual Donkey Kong Country trilogy run. On DKC2 now. Made it to the third set of levels.
>>
>>2848869
Sup /b/
>>
Finished Front Mission 3 on Alisa's route. The near future Cold-War-with-mechs scenario was pretty unique as far as JRPGs go, with a dash of classic Squaresoft bullshit and being pointlessly long to round it out. That said, it was also laughably easy.

Don't even know how I wound up using Gameshark when I played it as a retarded millenial kid. No grinding necessary: just pay attention to upgraded part stats and switch every-so-often to learn new battle skills. Clench your asshole when ShieldAtk III procs on your melee character and she one-shots an ostensibly dangerous enemy.

I'm going to play 4 now. Don't think that counts as /vr/.
>>
FF1, I'm playing the bonus content now. I'm at hellfire chasm. I played the shit out of this game on nintendo and this is my first run through of the game with the bonus content. It's still pretty fun even on IOS, replaying the same dungeons for some of the bonus bosses was p shitty though (earthgift shrine). Overall its been a good experience though.
>>
>>2848243
God I remember that game... Only Dragon Warrior game I ever played and it was amazing.

>>2837910
Top 5 games of all time from my childhood.
>>
>>2848869
Pretty fun game.
>>
Playing a translated fire emblem 4. Pretty fucking hard coming from the GBA games and awakening.
>>
>>2850612
Such a great game imo.
>>
>>2851173
You should really try out the other games in the series man, they're all fantastic.
Especially IV and V.
>>
Playing FFVII for the first time since there's so much talk about the remake. The graphics hurt but the music is great for the most part. I just got to Cloud's hometown and went through the flashback sequence.

Using Mednafen and a Dualshock 2 converted to USB for what it's worth.
>>
>>2839608
I couldn't get past 3rd stage of any of the game titles without debug mode though. Shit was fun and challenging. Not a single hand out was given to any of them
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.