[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skorp (スコープ) is a scorpion-like badnik from Sonic &

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

File: Sonic3&K_Badnik_Skorp.png (89KB, 362x285px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic3&K_Badnik_Skorp.png
89KB, 362x285px
Skorp (スコープ) is a scorpion-like badnik from Sonic & Knuckles found in Sandopolis Zone. These wheeled robots roll around the ground, and whip out their stingers when approached. It's a bit annoying to avoid it's attack, but if you do, jump/roll into the badnik to destroy it. A good tactic for defeating this badnik is to get within range, stop, jump over his tail, and Spin Dash into him when he's bringing his tail back in.

Now that the dust has finally settled, can we all agree he's the best common enemy in S3K?
>>
File: Sonic3&K_Badnik_Hyudoro.png (12KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic3&K_Badnik_Hyudoro.png
12KB, 320x224px
>>2837472
What, you didn't like these guys?
>>
>>2837476
What the friendly ghosts? No I like them. I'm just not sure I'm convinced they qualify as regular enemies. They seem more like a level-specific gimmick in a way. I'm honestly not sure what way to go with that one. Thoughts?
>>
>>2837478
I consider them an environmental hazard.
>>
>>2837481
Okay. You know, if you think about it I find it really hard to understand what motivates them to pester Sonic. Other than, you know, code. In terms of the plot though it makes no sense.
>>
>>2837484
>What motivates them to pester Sonic

Well he does keep turning on the lights
>>
File: Orbinaut-3.png (38KB, 253x239px) Image search: [Google]
Orbinaut-3.png
38KB, 253x239px
>>2837472
I never thought about it but I like Orbinaut from Launch Base Zone and Penguinator from Ice Cap Zone a good amount. They might be simple and easy to destroy but they're a little cute to me.
>>
None of the badniks beyond the third level count as anything more than parts of the landscape, since you should be cruising as Supersonic by that time.
>>
>>2837507
>unlocking the game's hidden easy mode
No wonder none of the badniks matter to you.

Not that they're particularly tough foes in any case. Some are worse than others though, and it so happens the one this guy mentioned is among the tougher ones. Maybe even the hardest enemy in the game to dispatch of. Though he's also certainly not among the game's most outright threatening foes.

>>2837498
>They might be simple and easy to destroy but they're a little cute to me.

I'm curious: why this preference for Orbinaut instead of Star Pointer? It kinda seems like you would like the latter better since it shares the same zone as your pals, the penguins.
>>
File: Starpointer-spr.png (421B, 47x47px) Image search: [Google]
Starpointer-spr.png
421B, 47x47px
>>2837516
>Star Pointer
I guess you're right, I overlooked them when I was going through the list of enemies. Visually I like them more just due to the balls of ice but I will say I like how the Orbinauts function more since they move when you do and require your insta-shield (unless you're invincible) which while I used a decent amount it I feel more enemies could've been focused around that mechanic more.
>>
>>2837531
>feel more enemies could've been focused around that mechanic more.
Yeaaaah but gotta balance the game around the other characters too. I'm feel grateful they included even one enemy like that. It's a pretty bold step making an enemy expressly weak to one character's special attack at the exclusion of all other characters even being capable of harming it. As you said, without some I-frames of some kind Knuckles and Tails will find the only viable, safe solution to encountering an Orbinaut is to avoid it. Not only are his spikes more resilient than Star Pointer's, his AI is also a lot more advanced. So, we're in complete agreement there -- Orbinauts definitely possess superior functionality. Of course, you're welcome to like whichever one you want for whatever reason you want. I don't care. I'm just saying, I'm trying to view them objectively at the moment.
>>
>>2837498
i liked the ice cap one cause if you stand under him with a shield his snow things disappear as they circle him. i always erased them before i killed him when i was a kid. something oddly satisfying about it.
>>
File: 300px-Chopper.png (107KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Chopper.png
107KB, 300x300px
Chopper master race reporting in
>>
>>2837472
The only safe way to take down those fuckers is to wait for them to look in the other direction.
>>
>>2839632
Or just spin dash at them.
>>
>>2839661
Most of the time you won't have enough space to get in front of them and do a spin dash.
>>
>>2839667
Huh. You know, I suppose not. I think you're right.

Pretty clever placement of them, then. The team must have kept that in mind when deciding where to put them in the levels. Does that mean those enemies received environmental buffs?
>>
>>2837472
>common enemy
>not calling them badniks
ishygddt
>>
Now that the dust has finally settled
>>
File: S2mbubblerconcept.jpg (492KB, 1248x1632px) Image search: [Google]
S2mbubblerconcept.jpg
492KB, 1248x1632px
best cancelled badnik?
>>
File: S2badnikconcepts.jpg (505KB, 1248x1720px) Image search: [Google]
S2badnikconcepts.jpg
505KB, 1248x1720px
>>2840405
>>
File: S2badnikconcepts6.jpg (377KB, 1586x1243px) Image search: [Google]
S2badnikconcepts6.jpg
377KB, 1586x1243px
>>2840412
>>
File: S2enemyconcepts13.jpg (326KB, 1632x1248px) Image search: [Google]
S2enemyconcepts13.jpg
326KB, 1632x1248px
>>2840416
>>
>>2837484
If I'm not mistaken, Sandopolis act 2 is in a pyramid.

You know, those things that entombed kings and is meant to stay sealed? I mean, there's even been accounts of clay tablets found inside these tombs that were translated to read "Death will slay with his wings whoever disturbs the peace of the pharaoh". So it's pretty accurate.

The more 'u know.
>>
>>2837516
>unlocking the game's hidden easy mode

Which is required to get the final level.

>it so happens the one this guy mentioned is among the tougher ones. Maybe even the hardest enemy in the game to dispatch of.

Horse shit. Their spike does not overlap their body's hitbox, so you can just run into them and hold down.
Heck, pretty much all of S3K is dirt easy, and boring due to the length of the zones. No enemy can actually kill you, and having a large amount of rings serves no function in the game.

Even the last boss is a pushover, even if you go at him without rings. The Sonic 2 boss was way more difficult, since it had such an incredibly low error margin (you either waited half a minute for him to jump up and land a safe hit, or you risked hitting him while he was walking, since you could jump exactly 1 pixel higher than the spikes on his hand).
>>
>>2837571
Don't forget that ones on Icecap can have their spikes destroyed by shields, while the one on Launch base cannot.
>>
>>2840412
did Sega invent the troll face back in 1994?
>>
>>2840412
>The frog one finally gets made in SAdv1
That's pretty cool. I love when games make enemies from really old concept art in later entries
>>
File: s2-mz-badniks.jpg (51KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
s2-mz-badniks.jpg
51KB, 640x448px
>>2837472
He was definitely the cuntiest badnik in the game(or maybe Bubbles from Marble Garden but I dunno)

Still nowhere near as cunty as the unholy trio from Metropolis Zone
>pic fucking related
>>
>>2840504
>Horse shit. Their spike does not overlap their body's hitbox, so you can just run into them and hold down.
No you fucking idiot
How about you play the game without spamming Hyper Sonic you faggot?
The moment you're near them they will shoot thier tailspike thing at you it's really hard to avoid just like with Slicers in Metropolis

Sonic 2 Last Boss is hard the first time...once you beat him once he's a total pushover every time so I can't say I exactly agree with that

Wing Fortress Zone boss is far more annoying
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.