[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some must play RPG's I haven't played many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1433818375204.png (27KB, 756x716px) Image search: [Google]
1433818375204.png
27KB, 756x716px
What are some must play RPG's I haven't played many ones that i've played (and loved) are:

>Baldur's gate 1&2
>FF VII
>Crono trigger
>fallout 2
>planescape torment

That's pretty much all i've played for retro RPG's any and all recommendations greatly appreciated
>>
File: 80.jpg (136KB, 350x462px) Image search: [Google]
80.jpg
136KB, 350x462px
Super Hero League of Hoboken.

Blog>
My dad got this for me for birthday, and I assumed it was $5 shit shovelware because that was what he had got me the last three times. The only times we got good games was when he pirated stuff from work.

I ignored it for like 8 months.
>It's actually a fucking gem
>wot.
Warning, possible huge nostalgia, don't think I ever beat it, and I haven't touched it in 10+ years when I tried to replay it once.
>>
It'd help if you said a few words about what you liked in the RPGs you played, or which one you liked the most. The "must-play" list of RPGs is like 100 games long.
>>
>>2837169
If you count Roguelikes, Nethack (or preferably Unnethack, which is a fork that greatly reduces the end-game tedium).

Playing online is recommended to avoid temptation to cheat, telnet to eu.un.nethack.nu or us.un.nethack.nu , whichever has best ping.
>>
>>2837182
us.un.nethack.nu seems to be down, and un.nethack.nu gives better ping for me here in Europe than eu.un.nethack.nu
>>
>>2837178
thanks i'll give it a look
>>2837180
>bg
love the combat system, trying to decide what spell to use in what situation
>ff VII
mainly nostalgia, but I really do enjoy the atmosphere
>crono trigger
probably mainly nostalgia , but again i love the characters

I either want something with a really good storyline/characters. Or really in depth combat system (preferably combat system) Prefer PC, but snes and nes are welcome.
>>
>>2837182
I play DCSS and I can't get past the fact theres no real story when it comes to roguelikes. But I can't say I don't enjoy them and NetHack was the next roguelike on the list for me
>>
barging in on the thread

>>2837180
i imagine /vr/ has seen a few threads about "must-play" RPGs, any chance someone saved a pastebin list ?
>>
>>2837169
Go play some Shin Megami Tensei.
>>
Maybe try an Ultima game, if they're not too dated for you. Exodus was my entry into the series, although you may not like the keyboard mappings. You have to memorize keys for every specific item and spell. Ultima VII was very popular.
>>
You can try chrono cross if you're not a bleeding heart Chrono trigger fan.
>>
>>2837182
Dynahack is even better (https://nethackwiki.com/wiki/DynaHack)

It's basically UNH, with tons of interface improvements and extra content. It's like NH4, but without the savegame corruption.
>>
Super Mario RPG!
>>
>>2838202
>You have to memorize keys for every specific item and spell

does it run inside dosbox or fan-made windows port?

actually in any cases, autohotkey would work

basically, make a bmp with drawn buttons, open bmp on the side

autohotkey watches mouseposition and mouseclick to send keyboard keystrokes

so you can hover over the bmp and the click is not registered, so focus on the emu window is not lost.

its fairly simple, a couple hours reading AHK basics and about hotkeys and keyboard remapping
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.