[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most sandbox-y, open-world Game Boy games you can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: gameboy2.jpg (84KB, 900x801px) Image search: [Google]
gameboy2.jpg
84KB, 900x801px
What are the most sandbox-y, open-world Game Boy games you can think of? Genre is irrelevant.

I'm trying to find games that would have a lot of replay value.
>>
>>2830910

Survival Kids?
>>
>>2830910
not the platform you're looking for then senpai. pokemon and zelda is as open world as it gets
>>
Harvest Moon series.
Specially GBC3, where playing as the boy or girl affects gameplay.
Or Azure dreams. Or survival kids, but good luck finding those for a fair price.
I haven't played the Dragon Quest monsters series yet for the same reason I haven't played survival kids, but I think it's supposed to be quite open.
>>
>>2830936

OP here. There are way more open-world games than that. I can even name a few off the top of my head:

Atomic Punk - You can play the stages in whatever order you want.
Bomberman GB3 - You get to select your starting stages, and additional stages unlock as you complete those.
Castlevania II - You play the stages in whatever order you want.
Dragon Warrior I & II - Pretty much entirely open-world. It doesn't take long to get a ship in D2, and from that point, you can go anywhere and finish the major dungeons in any preferred order.
Final Fantasy Adventure - Largely open-world. Your ability to traverse the map is a bit limited until you find certain tools needed to clear obstacles in your path, but the game world opens up at least half-way through the story.
Knight Quest - Head in any direction you want, although powerful monsters will probably prevent you from exploring too far until you've leveled up.
Sword of Hope series - Same as above.
Super Mario Land 2 - You can take on the zones in whatever order you want.

Notable mentions:

Nobunaga's Ambition - The game lets you play any daimyo, so you can start your conquest from any point on the map.
Kirby's Pinball - Not many stages, but you can play them in whatever order you like.
Metroid II - Sort of. You have to defeat a certain number of metroids to clear the lava that prevents you from reaching other areas, but it's not entirely linear.
>>
Dragon Slayer perhaps? I haven't play it since decades so my mind could be wrong
>>
>>2830910
Power Quest.
>>
Ultima: Runes of Virtue (and its sequel)

Some games let you pick your starting level, like Contra and Nemesis.

As for sandbox games... Not sure. I think anything with a level editor would quality. Battle City? Maybe Worms?
>>
>>2831003
>Castlevania II - You play the stages in whatever order you want
And this is openworldy and sandboxy to you? Fuck man, just play Mega Man. Utterly openworldy by your standards.
>>
>>2831003
Yeah your definition of open world is a little liberal there. I wouldn't say playing stages in any order is open world but whatever.
>>
>>2830910
>I'm trying to find games that would have a lot of replay value.

The only thing that generates replay value is whether or not the game was enjoyable enough for you to want to play it again.
>>
>>2830910
Dragon Quest Monsters 2
Keyworlds my amigos
>>
SaGa or "Final Fantasy Legend"
>>
>>2831316
Definitely a good choice --- although the plot is linear, the gameplay and strategy are very, very open.
>>
File: face.jpg (6KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
6KB, 263x191px
mario kart super circuit
>>
Crystalis for the GBC.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.