[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I have a quick question about buying this SCART PS1 cabl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: ps1-500x500.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ps1-500x500.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
Hi, I have a quick question about buying this SCART PS1 cable off of this website:

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/games-consoles/sony-playstation/sony-playstation-1-2-ps1-ps2-rgb-scart-cable-lead

What option should I select under "Sync" on the right hand column?
>>
>>2829347
What'll it be feeding into? Some monitors or capture cards require a certain kind of sync.
>>
>>2829347

Depends on what it will go into. SCART in itself is literally just a cable, a mode of transferring a signal from source to display device. Everything else will have to be made out between the two devices, if your monitor cannot display it because sync problems that is not the fault of the cable but your monitor being incompatible.
So check what your monitor wants, then choose accordingly.
>>
>>2829440
>>2829363
I'm plugging it into a SCART to component transcoder, which will then go into my CRT TV which has a component input.
>>
>>2829450

CSYNC is per se the best option as it uses pin 20 solely for sync meaning no interference but they charge you 10 pounds extra for it, Over luma would be the next best option but your transcoder has to support it and your source will aways have to be able to output S-Video, so if you only have consoles that can output S-Video (AV- multi does that) that would be a good middle ground. The first option uses pin 20 as a normal composite cable like you would use one of these yellow chinch plugs which means several signals are there at once which can lead to interferences. This is also why the last option costs more, the cable will have a filter that removes the video signals and only let the sync one through.
So again the question is what your transcoder can accept. If it can handle sync over luma that would be a good middle ground, more than enough for PS1/ PS2.
>>
>>2829347
Do not do scart on PS1. Buy a backwards compatible PS3.
>>
>>2829503
>he's American
>>
If you are American, buy from retroconsoleaccessories on eBay instead. She makes amazing cables for less money and ships from Florida, if I recall.
Ditto on monitor requirements. What is your display?
>>
Whoops. Missed the transcoder part.
You will probably want sync on composite. That worked on mine, when I used a transcoder.
>>
If you want csync/raw sync down the line you can easily change it since these guys just heatshrink the other wire and leave it there.
>>
>>2829528
Wtf? Why would you want to turn 240p games into forced 480i mush? The CRT might be shit, I suppose, but otherwise...
>>
>>2829528
That's a great suggestion if you want the system to break in 4 months
>>
>>2829528

TERRIBLE advice, 480i is literal out-of-sync cancer.

Do recommend retro gaming cables though, their Nintendo stuff at least is top-notch. You probably want Csync but check with your TV first.
>>
If I was going to use one of this cables with a scart to hdmi converter which option should I select?
>>
>>2829347
Composite if you are using a device that is compatible with the actual SCART standard.

C-Sync only cuts down on interference if the cables are shit to begin with; in which case you'll get so much audio buzzing that you'll go back to using composite cables.

Anything that actually supports SCART will work fine with composite. The only stuff that NEED c-sync are stuff that isn't scart compatible; like devices that use JP21 or projectors which need special dongles for it.
>>
>>2829347
In general it goes:
CSYNC(Composite Sync)> Luma Sync(Sync on luma)> Composite video+sync(Sync on composite).

My recommendation is to avoid Sync on composite like the plague. Put on extra 10 on CSYNC if you want the most crisp and clean picture possible.
>>
>>2829450
hope your TV supports 240p over component
>>
>>2830052
She smears hot glue all over the wires and can be more expensive than RGC if you're not in Burgerland.
>>
>>2833018
You can request that she not "seal" the connector up, if you want.
>>
>>2829347
get one like this that has a breakout section for lightguns

This is how it looks
https://youtu.be/AEyDtBcGIxE?t=3m51s
>>
>>2834126
like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RGB-CABLE-THAT-FIT-PLAYSTATION-1-2-3-SCART-VIDEO-LEAD-CABLE-SONY-NEW-/201391754208

link didn't work in first post
>>
File: 1447865035282.png (1023KB, 982x641px) Image search: [Google]
1447865035282.png
1023KB, 982x641px
Stop making threads asking for help and lrn to gogl

>2834136
>2834156
>2831803
>829347
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.