[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever play this game? Is it as cheesy and awesome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (181KB, 714x1023px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 714x1023px
Anyone here ever play this game? Is it as cheesy and awesome as it looks?
>>
File: Congo_the_Movie_gamebox.jpg (83KB, 500x846px) Image search: [Google]
Congo_the_Movie_gamebox.jpg
83KB, 500x846px
obscure Saturn game thread?
>>
>>2827031
sure
PEBBLE BEACH MOTHERFUCKING GOLF LINKS
>>
>>2827031

that was a major motion picture based on a best selling novel. It's many things but obscure it ain't
>>
>>2827048
but it's an obscure not well known game, never have played it but willing to pick it up, heard it was pretty good
>>
>>2827048
It can still be an obscure game. Like that Tom Sawyer game.
>>
>>2827064
>>2827067

A major movie getting a tie in game is not obscure. its just not talked about because everyone knows this shit is gonna happen one way or the other,
>>
I've had to use model 1 controller since i've had my saturn (3 years now) finally got a model 2 controller and I can definitely say that it feels like a dream when playing
Model 2 confirmed for best controller of all time
model 1 confirmed for worse than n64 controller
>>
>>2827067
I thought it was a tie in with the song?
>>
yes OP, battle monsters is just as awesome and terrible as it looks. If you enjoy bad fighting games you'll love it.

If we're talking Saturn games that are so bad they're good, pic related gets my vote
>>
>>2827189
That game isn't good at any point, it's just bad.
>>
>>2827048

How many people do you know remember the movie in and of itself?

Now imagine the tiny fraction of people that would remember that there was a video game about it.
>>
>>2827705
This. Obscure by video game standards and obscure by movie standards are two completely different things.

Also it's a Saturn game, so only like 4% of the American game market back when it was actually released would have even had the ability to play it
>>
>>2827439
If by bad you mean fucking awesome

Seriously it's so frantic and epileptic and colorful and just everything I wouldn't expect in a batman game, it's so over the top that it's great. Plus compared to the snes and genesis batman forever games it's a goddamn masterpiece
>>
Obscure Saturn games.
Shining force 3...
>>
>>2827026
Pretty much, aside from the awesome part. It's not a good game.

>>2827070
Good thing we're talking about the obscure game and not the major movie sperg.

>>2827189
Yeah, thanks for that. If anyone wants to post a game that doesn't suck ass feel free to chime in.
>>
>>2829209
idunno...?
uh.
Pandemonium?
>>
The Saturn version of tempest 2000 is rad and cheaper than buying a jaguar

Plus it's better than the PS1 version which they overworked pretty bad
>>
File: bu_segasaturn009.jpg (39KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
bu_segasaturn009.jpg
39KB, 411x412px
>>2829209
Lupin III: Sage of the Pyramid
>>
>>2827031
PLEASE TELL ME THEY IMPLEMENTED THE SESAME CAKE SCENE IN THIS
>>
>>2829574
Is this good? I love lupin but all the gameplay footage I see makes the game look kinda one-note pony status
>>
>>2829213
great game
>>
>>2829802
Its like a badly controlled tomb raider with less jumping. Not awful by any means, but not great either
>>
File: IMG_20151202_172042.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151202_172042.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Is this obscure? I bought it not knowing anything about it. Just 'oh shit. That's Arthur!!' In mind
>>
Battle Monsters believe it or not has some pretty good music.
>>
>>2829213
That actually looks good. Thanks.>>2829213
>>
Always wanted to try it, gave me the creeps looking at it in magazine previews, I was a dumb baby. Anyone try it on a saturn emulator?
>>
File: t10301goldfront.jpg (89KB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
t10301goldfront.jpg
89KB, 400x374px
I'm going to recommend this game in every Saturn thread until people like it
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>2827070

A game I think can fall into obscurity, even if it's license hasn't. When was the last time you heard someone mention Trespasser?
>>
>>2831779
Holy shit, like not even a week ago I found a flash drive that my friend from college had put this game on a few years back. I really need to play it. Honestly from what I've seen it looked pretty interesting, but also like it was too ambitious for the technology at the time or maybe more realistically just too ambitious for its budget
>>
>>2831779
Decent community at trescom forums, and someone made a directx9 renderer for the game.
http://www.trescom.org/
>>
>>2831779
http://fabiensanglard.net/trespasser/index.php
Interesting article of someone going through trespasser's source code.
>>
>>2831769
Isn't that japan only though?
>>
>>2831821
Yes but Saturn is one of the absolute easiest consoles to play imports on

Honestly if you own a Saturn and don't bother with import games you're missing out on like 80% if the good games for it
>>
>>2831769
That's an awesome game. Surprisingly cheap for a Saturn game too.
>>
>>2831769
this looks awesome, thanks anon
>>
>>2831769

I almost mentioned this myself, but I didn't think it was obscure enough. Good pick, anon.
>>
>>2827189
You want bad saturn fighters, I have battle monsters and Rise of the Robots 2.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.