[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were you a 'first time game player' like the box says?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: nes_dogbone_box.jpg (77KB, 743x521px) Image search: [Google]
nes_dogbone_box.jpg
77KB, 743x521px
Were you a 'first time game player' like the box says? did you start gaming with an NES top-loader?
>>
>>2825885
Ended up getting that after my original NES died.
>>
>>2825885
I don't understand why the new design was for the first time game player. And no, I started on a toaster. Actually, I can't remember if I played the NES or the Atari (5200,I think) first.
>>
>>2825885
Top-down design is what the original should have been. There would have been less breakdowns overall.
>>
>>2825885
There should be a comma between "time" and "game".
>>
File: family2.jpg (85KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
family2.jpg
85KB, 768x1024px
First console I played was coleco vision, first I owned was pic related.
>>
>>2825885
Atari 2600
>>
>>2825972
Don't diss the toaster, man.
>>
File: playitloud.jpg (10KB, 300x293px) Image search: [Google]
playitloud.jpg
10KB, 300x293px
>>
>>2825885

I didn't know anybody who had that faggy top loader.
>>
First console I owned, I had a game boy before that

My cousin had a colecovision I'd play Burger Time and Zaxxon on before that
>>
>>2826014

I looked on wikipedia and it didn't come out until October 1993.
>>
First system I played on was SNES, first system I owned was a Gamecube.
>>
>>2825885

This was my first console. I asked for a Super NES but my mom got me this instead. Probably because at the time it was only $50. All of the games came from her friends kids who had moved on to other consoles.
>>
nope, had and still have, the good ol familiar gray box. i do want a top loader though for PAL games n shit
>>
>>2825885
No. I had the old grey box. I got one of these later on, though.
>>
>>2825983
That is totally not a Famiclone and is, without a doubt, an authentic Nintendo Famicom system.
>>
I got this as my first console.
Every game played every time.

Also having a controller without sharp edges was awesome, though the button configuration needed a different slant.
>>
i had the top loader. i can't remember if we ever had the original model or not. we never got a snes and went from an nes to playstation in the late 90s.
>>
i can't believe how expensive they got
>>
>>2829506
They figured out you can RGM mod them to look superior to any other NES. It raised their stock a bit.
>>
>>2829607
Nevermind. I'm thinking of the SNES Jr.

IGNORE ME!
>>
>>2829607
Is there anyone doing the mod now?
>>
>>2825885
>did you start gaming with an NES
No.
>>
I think it was because with the SNES a lot of the games presumed you were already a seasoned gamer, not necessarily in difficulty but in complexity. So they positioned the NES and it's simpler games as the console for newer players.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.