[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand. Is this supposed to be some kind of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: Disc2-pt3-norg_11.jpg (88KB, 334x225px) Image search: [Google]
Disc2-pt3-norg_11.jpg
88KB, 334x225px
I don't understand. Is this supposed to be some kind of in-joke I'm not aware of?
>>
It took me until this boss fight to realize this game was shit.
>>
FF8 felt like different teams put each stretch of it together.

And then you go into the basement of the Garden to fight a giant yelling jew monster who financed the whole thing with Cid. Also he wants to kill everyone now and can we get the music guy to do a really cocked up number with an organ
>>
>>2825758
Not OP, I'm replaying through it and besides the dialogue its not...horrible. Just different than all the other FF. Its not as enjoyable as the others but its still better than 13.
>>
>>2825773
I agree it isn't bad, but it isn't the best by far. I love the game personally, but it isn't my favourite in the series. There are parts that just doesn't really add up, but the rest of the story is a pretty interesting one (if you look at an in depth lore of the history and game)
>>
I thought it was so shitty. The characters had no depth. And they were all just like SQUALL WHY DONT YOU BE MORE COMPASSIONATE or some shit. Ending sucked. I kinda liked the whole junction thing though.
>>
File: Squall Rinoa.png (1012KB, 862x600px) Image search: [Google]
Squall Rinoa.png
1012KB, 862x600px
>>
Game is totally ridiculous, but I learned to appreciate it a lot more in recent thanks to the internet and the many different ways you can completely break the system. It's the most replayable FF along with Tactics, even if the story takes a nose dive after disc 1.
>>
>>2825819
Actually, yeah. I mean, V through VII are also incredibly breakable, but they take longer to do so. Tactics and VIII can be utterly bent over within single digit hours of play.

I actually really enjoy the options you have in VIII, even if some elements of the plot seem like an Always Sunny scheme. And the music's consistently enjoyable.
>>
What's wrong?

The fact that there are species other than humans able to talk?

So that bothers you but not the fact that you're able to merge with monsters helping you gain powers and the fact you fight other monsters everywhere?
>>
>>2825753
NORG is actually hinted at very early in the game. The Garden staff are often forcing Cid to do things, and will say that they are absolutely a for-profit organization, where Cid feels otherwise.

So when people go "NORG CAME OUTTA NOWHERE, SQUALL IS DEAD, ITS ALL A FANTASY" I get a little miffed.

Actually, a lot of stuff is foreshadowed in Final Fantasy 8 and I think a lot of people don't appreciate it because it went over their heads or they simply did not notice.

One of the best Final Fantasy games. Granted, there are some pretty awkward and forced parts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNefNLOHVYk
>>
>>2825753
>>
>>2826107
Yeah, also quite a few times Cid will tell Squall quietly that he has important things to say that him but that he can't 'right now' (in front of Norg's staff).

Or sometimes the Norg staff stops Cid in the middle of a talk when he's about to divulge something important, like during the Garden attack on Disc2.

So that's the staff you're told not to trust, if you pay a little attention.
The same staff who tells you not to believe the rumours of GF memory loss....

So a lot of things are hinted through the events regarding those staff members. Norg, the true purpose of Seed according to Cid, GF memory loss...
>>
>>2826096
>>2826120
Stop shitposting this board you cretin.
You're not clever, you're not insightful and nobody likes you, fuck off back to wherever you came from already.
>>
Maybe it was a metaphor for the development.
>>
>>2826120
>Yeah, also quite a few times Cid will tell Squall quietly that he has important things to say that him but that he can't 'right now'

That kind of lead up can be literally anything. It can be "I need to tell you who your father is" it can be "I need to tell you why Seed exists at all" It can be "I need to tell you to rewind the tapes before returning them to blockbuster"

that's not foreshadowing
>>
>>2826192
NESFag is a retard, but there is a lot of foreshadowing in the game. Next time you play it pay attention.
>>
>>2826201

there are vague snippets of characters acting loony that the game tries to retcon in itself into having greater meaning.
>>
>>2826202
Omg, you're so smart. Those writers couldn't fool a genius like yourself.
>>
File: 1446790409708.jpg (5KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
1446790409708.jpg
5KB, 209x241px
>>2826202
>the game tries to retcon in itself into having greater meaning.

Retcon yourself from existence.
>>
>>2826192
When Cid, who is surrounded by Norg's staff, is congratulating and graduating the Seeds who succeeded the test in Dollet, he tells Squall, quietly to his hear, that he needs to talk to him, privately... hinting at the staff.

That was just after that same staff stopped Cid in the middle of his sentence when he wants to tell them what being a Seed is means.

Then when everyone is leaving the room, that staff tells Squall not to trust the rumours about GF memory loss. Let's also not forget that GF memory loss was also directly mentionned in Selphie's journal prior to that.

If that is not a hint of how the staff can't be trusted, and that by extension what they say can't be trusted; and also that there is a bigger meaning to Seed, I don't know what it is.

There are also several other instances when Cid is quickly interrupted by that staff.

But no, it all comes down to "out of nowhere plot twists".

I aslo think Selphie mentions something hinting at Norg in her journal too, but maybe I'm remembering it wrong and that's after they meet Norg.
>>
>>2826108
Where's the noose?
>>
File: latest.png (84KB, 395x344px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
84KB, 395x344px
I don't understand. Is this supposed to be some kind of in-joke I'm not aware of?
>>
File: le scary marble.png (292KB, 461x462px) Image search: [Google]
le scary marble.png
292KB, 461x462px
>>
Norg was fucking stupid and had no tangible effect on the plot. Moving on.
>>
>>2827694
You see, in the English version, that enemy is called a "hell house". It looks a lot like a small house, but when you do enough damage to it, it "unleashes hell" and becomes a spooky robot skeleton thing.
>>
>>2826107
I caught the foreshadowing to Norg, then when I got to see him I thought "oh wow, wasn't expecting that, where does this go?" But then it didn't go anywhere. You kill him then he's never mentioned again. He didn't even need to be a weird monster, he could have just been some asshole running the Garden behind the scenes.
>>
>>2825753
He is mentioned by that desk computer at the beginning of the game. But yeah, the fuck was up with NORG?
>>
>>2827734
>But then it didn't go anywhere. You kill him then he's never mentioned again.

There was that fucking egg that you could visit later on in the game that was hatched but all you fucking got for it was a draw point.
>>
File: rpgworlddisc2pg180.jpg (254KB, 713x1151px) Image search: [Google]
rpgworlddisc2pg180.jpg
254KB, 713x1151px
>>2827694
>>
Didn't you visit norg's village? With his yellow relatives? Who are all ashamed of him and also significantly smaller than him for some reason?
>>
>>2825773
>its still better than 13.
So is wiping deodorant on my tongue, that's not a hard metric to overcome.
>>
>>2827734
>>2827714
There had to be a other for Seed not doing the purpose they were created for. That reason was Norg.

Getting rid of Norg is a necessary process so that Cid can reveal the truth and so Squall&Co can do what they're meant to.

Well, it could have been done otherwise, but I think bringing money needs and interests to the table was a believeable way to do it. Then, it's Final Fantasy anyway so the guy's from another race, and the fact that he looks like a monster makes it easier to fight and kill him.

>>2827902
I like to think his greed is what made him look different. But anyway he's different from the other Shumis so that noone flips out.
>>
Reminder that Squall died at the end of Disc 1 and the rest of the game was his Final Fantasy where he imagined himself popular and loved while he saved the world before he succumbed to the giant shard of ice protruding from his chest.
>>
File: 12280858_f260.jpg (15KB, 260x203px) Image search: [Google]
12280858_f260.jpg
15KB, 260x203px
>>2828087
>chest

Nope. Shoulder. Totally not fatal.
>>
File: lung shot.png (43KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
lung shot.png
43KB, 320x240px
>>2828093
It's just a lung. He's got another one.
>>
IMO once you left the 1st disc, the game fell apart.
>>
>>2828087
If he died in disc 1 he wouldn't be in dicks 2-4 moron.
>>
>ITT: People are butt flustered because they're too stupid to understand the junction system and time travel plots
>>
>>2825771
>can we get the music guy to do a really cocked up number with an organ

Pretty much, but I liked it.
>>
>>2830174
>dicks
But yeah, it's a world with fucking healing magic. A non fatal wound like that is nothing. Dumbest FF fan theory ever, and they've come up with some seriously daft shit.
>>
>>2832857
>Aeris is perma dead after a mere stab wound
Also, the theory is that everything in discs 2-4 takes place in Squall's comatose mind.
>>
>>2826107

If you use the terminal in the classroom, it tells you that NORG and Cid founded the garden. Those weird sentries also give the impression that there is -clearly- more going on. What with the 'We're for profit organization,' closing the player off from certain areas, and even confiscating the hoverboard from Zell.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.