[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the first (retro) game that /vr/ remembers actively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (68KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 470x235px
What's the first (retro) game that /vr/ remembers actively anticipating before its release? As in, you didn't just see it at a store or receive it as a gift, you knew it was coming out and we're excited for it.

I'm pretty sure mine would be Pokemon Gold and Silver. The first issue of EGM I ever bought had a big preview of GS, and magazines were pretty much my only source of game news as a little kid. I lost track of how many times I read that single issue of EGM over and over.
>>
Majora's Mask
>>
ocarina of time
>>
I didn't pay attention much to game magazines and stuff until after the /vr/ era. I just played what I saw in the video store.
>>
Donkey Kong Country and Sonic 3
>>
>>2820007
I think mine was also gold and silver. Shit man, the new pokemon!!!
>>
File: 3AgeQY4l.jpg (91KB, 486x640px) Image search: [Google]
3AgeQY4l.jpg
91KB, 486x640px
Mortal Kombat 3. It was hyped for months in my Videogames magazine. Then I played it, absolutely hated it. It was a shame because I loved 2.
>>
>>2820206
Similar to me, only my example was MK4.
I should've known better, but I was all of 11 or so.
>>
File: Dream-Team.jpg (249KB, 640x520px) Image search: [Google]
Dream-Team.jpg
249KB, 640x520px
I was extremely hyped for Chrono Trigger, reading the magazine articles about the "Dream Team" and whatnot.
>>
>>2820091
Heck yeah.

And that reminds me, the Hoopa distribution just started today.
>>
I had a subscription to Nintendo Power so probably pretty much every SNES game.
I don't remember specifically because all that was eclipsed a thousandfold by the hype machine for Mario 64.
>>
Doom is the first that comes to mind. I read the review and later saw it running at some trade show (it was cycling through its demos). I played it years later on the PS1, as I didn't get a proper (IBM-compatible) PC until 1997.
>>
Donkey Kong Country 2.
>>
For me it wasn't a game but it was the SNES.

The thing I've ever been the most hyped for though was Starcraft: Broodwar. Man what a game.
>>
File: infinity.png (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
infinity.png
56KB, 640x480px
>>
The Megadrive version of SF2
>>
>>2820007

Ocarina of Time. I remember posting about it for over a year on some ancient dialup message board on AOL before it finally came out
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.