[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The entire premise of this is fundamentally flawed unless split-screen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: sm64 multiplayer 1.3.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sm64 multiplayer 1.3.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
The entire premise of this is fundamentally flawed unless split-screen can become a feature.
>>
And yet Chip'n'Dales, Goof Troop, Secret Of Mana, and just every run&gun and beat-em-up work perfectly fine in non split screen co-op...
>>
>>2819503
But those are 2D games. The screen can be easily locked.

It's harder to have both players on one screen in 3D game because of the camera.
>>
>>2819503
A big open 3D platformer is obviously a different story.
>>
>>2819503
Just stopping by to call you a fucking retard that should end himself.

Happy thanksgiving.
>>
>>2819498
i have to agree, it just wouldn't work well at all without split screen
>>
>>2819498
But it's fun
>>
>>2819784
Yeah I really want it to be, but every month I try to play it with a friend it's more awkward and frustrating than fun. We agree it'd be more fun just to take turns on vanilla SM64
>>
I agree overall OP, but I still think that it's enjoyable to play. It's also fascinating to show you how messing with the normal camera position (as it does when the players move away from each other) lets you see entirely new sides to the level geometry.
>>
>>2819498
of course it is.
But it's for people willing to look past that for now.

Speaking of, OOT multiplayer when
>>
>>2819498
Would be cool if DS version had co-op, as I think it hasn't. What's too bad.
>>
>>2819498
Why the fuck do you want a split screen, the best thing for this would be getting two stars separately, and that's not even possible in the game, why do you want to be so separate from your friend, is he really your friend then? Do you know how ugly SM64 will look with an even tinier screen? So many flaws I have yet to see a good use for a splitscreen in a game mod like this.
>>
>>2820968
What are you even rambling about?
Anyway, two independent cameras would be better than one that breaks the game and takes you out of view over half the time.
>>
As a hack it's just a bit of fun, it's obviously not going to be complete gameplay overhaul and the awkwardness of the camera/mechanics is part of said fun honestly.

I've only played it with a bro like once though the fact it doesn't work on native hardware is its biggest flaw and means fumbling about with PJ64 for like an hour before any playing is actually done.
>>
>>2821000
>hurr durr ill pretend i dont understand because im a faggot

Yes, you are.

Except you're talking about a game made for single player, which means adding splitscreen could be even worse, you may imagine it better, but there's a reason why the modder didn't do it that way.
>>
>>2821101
It did run on real hardware last I heard.

Anyway, maybe you and your friend just need to get good, OP. Both of you dance like you want to win!
>>
>>2821263
The modded didn't do it that way because adding splitscreen would be a fuckton more work than what we have currently. Hell, what we have now was pretty hard to make; splitscreen is probably more trouble to implement than it's worth. So, the modder didn't do it this was because it was built as a single player game(no fucking shit there's no "real" point to splitscreen. What we have now, and what splitscreen would offer would be novelty, fun novelty), it's because it's way fucking easier to add a second playable character on the screen than mess with the engine to add another screen.
>>
>>2821290
It may be easier to do as a standalone game, because the power of n64 may not be enough for a splitscreen, even the way it is right now needs a special version of Project64 if I remember correctly.

Now, why the fuck are you complaining about it not being splitscreen if n64 (and respective emus) may not even have the power to materialize that idea in the first place.
>>
>>2821276

There's a lot of misinformation out there but It absolutely DOES NOT work, it's by the same guy that did Star Road and all his stuff by its nature can only work on PJ64. It takes advantage of the shoddy coding of the emulator to go over the texture/memory limit along with extending the rom to 64MB - stuff that a real N64 absolutely couldn't handle.

Unfortunately as far as Mario goes this means the only hacks that WILL play are ones that do nothing but move a tree or add 100 enemies like that Kaizo whatever.
>>
>>2821306
>Banjo Tooie
>>
>>2821263
No I understand, your points are just so retarded and irrelevant they're not worth properly addressing, same to your opinions.
>>
>>2821263
Honestly, the way you describe it, it sounds like the modder wasted his time making a classing more complicated and less playable.
>>
>>2821263
>Except you're talking about a game made for single player
That's exactly the point you fucking idiot.
>>
either that or online each player has a separate screen
>>
>>2821780
coding in 2 marios and split screen already sounds hard, what you're proposing is currently impossible.
>>
>>2821564

So? The same goes for Glover and his fucking big tittied teddy bear
>>
>>2819498

Why would multiplayer SM64 be any good? Am I skipping some thought process everyone else went through?
>>
Can you play this on an actual N64 with an Everdrive or something or does it only work with emulators?
>>
>>2821813
Exploring a big 3D world with a friend is cool. It's why World of Warcraft was popular for a couple of years.
>>
>>2822094
Well it can be injected into a fully-functioning Wii wad, and the Wii really finicky with n64, so it'll probably work on original hardware. Why don't you give it a try and post results?
>>
It may be flawed, but I dont think your supposed to take it seriously anyway
>>
File: Link_and_Sheik_Duet.png (4MB, 2500x1711px) Image search: [Google]
Link_and_Sheik_Duet.png
4MB, 2500x1711px
>>2820436
If they could get Sheik's model to work like Link's then that could be pretty cool.
>>
>>2822632
What about kid Link?
>>
>>2822652
>two links
>from different times

uhhhhhh
>>
>>2820436
It does exist. (Shitty let's play warning.)
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/10/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-four-swords/
>>
File: 211px-Fadooot.png (130KB, 211x600px) Image search: [Google]
211px-Fadooot.png
130KB, 211x600px
>>2822659
If two Links is out of the question, a Kokiri like Fado could be young player 2 and Sheik could be adult player 2. They don't have to be the same character.

Multiplayer OoT would mean there would need to be two sets of every item, and when one player gets and item the other automatically gets a copy. There'd also need to be another horse. That would all be awkward if they shared the same screen. A problem with split screen implementation (besides being virtually impossible) would be how shitty the resolution becomes. But then again,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQcFbYp2Ds
>>
>>2822678
Is it possible to get fake widescreen like in DK64 via cheat codes?

I'm not interested in emulators.
>>
I don't even get what the appeal of playing Mario 64 multiplayer would be even if it was splitscreen.
>>
>>2822952

Everything is fun with friends.
>>
>>2822946
Yeah
>>
>>2822981
That'd probably be the way to go then.
>>
>>2819503
how can you possibly not realize what the difference is
>>
>>2822968
True, but it's not like there's anything in the game that would better or even differently with two people playing at once, at most it just sounds clumsy. You might as well just take turns.
>>
>>2822996
Hence the OP post
>>
>>2822968
>Being incessantly tortured in any physical / psychological way with friends is fun
>Watching your mother being raped while she's caught fire with friends is fun
>Watching a curling match with friends is fun

You sir have no idea how wrong you are.
>>
>>2823012
>implying all of that with friends isn't fun with friends
Get out of here you pussy
>>
>>2823020
NO, you do that, faggot. With friends.
>>
>>2823046
Sounds like fun.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.