[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I'm going to play Chrono Trigger, should I play the SNES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: chronotrigger-sfc.jpg (69KB, 550x371px) Image search: [Google]
chronotrigger-sfc.jpg
69KB, 550x371px
If I'm going to play Chrono Trigger, should I play the SNES or PS1 version? Keep in mind, I'm not looking forward to paying $100~ for the SNES version either, and I don't like emulating. Thanks.
>>
>>2816667
do whatever makes you happy
>>
>>2816667
DS
>>
>please tell me the answer I already have in my head but want to hear from you
Fuck off
>>
>>2816667
PSX version has atrocious load times. I recommend the DS version if you don't want to shell out for a SNES copy.
>>
>I won't emulate but I will consider playing a shitty port
>>
PS1 has stupid short anime cutscenes that don't matter because there is like, 2.

DS has everything, and an extra dungeon that is kinda lame but neat how it used time travel. A monster raising and battling side game, that isn't as good as it could be and very forgettable and skippable because of it. Also one extra ending that, minor spoiler ties into Chrono Cross.

Go for the DS, doesn't matter if you choose SNES or PS1
>>
DS or Flashcart
>>
DS has a new translation. It is more consistent but less fun than the original translation. Some stuff is better, some worse.

It also has the FMV videos from the PS1 version, but without the loading times of the PS1 version.

Except from the colusiem, which is quite fun but makes the game even easier due to the stuff you earn in it, the new content, the 2 extra dungeons, are SHIT. Do not even bother, it's some of the worst extra content i've ever seen in a RPG. It's filler, filler, and filler.

A couple of bosses are tougher too.
Also you have the map on at all times and in battle you can put the menus and stuff on the other screen, leaving space in the screen battle.

Being on DS, sound quality might be worse though; I don't remember.

In comparaison the PS1 version has the same FMVs and extra loading times.

imo you should go with the SNES version, emulated on DS. If you like the game enough, play the DS version then.
>>
>>2816667
flashcart + retranslation
ps version + ps2 with fast loading option
ds version

in that order
>>
>>2816667
Learn Japanese and get the Super Famicom version for $8 w/free shipping. $20 if you want the box and manual.
>>
>>2816667
NDS
D
S
>>
I'm playing now the DS version and i'm enjoying so far. The colosseum is kinda fun...
>>
>>2816667
>I don't like emulating
I don't like you
>>
>>2819227
I think it's a pretty good port.

>>2820131
He can't help his handicap, anon.
>>
File: 1418239827135.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1418239827135.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
Just emulate it OP you're such a fucking faggot holy shit.
>>
>>2816667
wow I can't believe it's worth that much these days. I bought mine for like $40 on Amazon maybe 6 years ago (I guess that's a good amount where does the time go anons???)
>>
DS version. Even better on 3DS XL.
>>
How does the DS version deal with the lower resolution? Are the character sprites the same? They just crop the environment?
>>
>>2822375
Looks great on my DS and my kids 3DS XL. Slight edge to the 3DS XL, the large screen is easier on my shitty eyes.
>>
>>2822375
Sprites appear the same.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.