[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about this game, I loved it so much and rarely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Thousand_Arms.jpg (71KB, 522x474px) Image search: [Google]
Thousand_Arms.jpg
71KB, 522x474px
Let's talk about this game, I loved it so much and rarely hear about it on this board.
About to start it again for the first time since I finished it in 99 and I always loved the story and mechanics of the game as a whole.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
Story sucked hard, characters were walking cliches.

Mechanics of the game were okay and for the time the graphics were nice. The best part of the game had nothing to do with the game, it was the opening song.

Also best girl dies at the end in a fucking awful cliche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S5wMY-wcO8 [Embed]
>>
>>2811891
Shitty unmemorable game.

I bought it when it came out. Here's all I remember from it:

1. Chick with hammer
2. Some faggot repeating miniboss with a name like Bandriger or Bardigan or something like that
3. Macking on chicks made your weapons stronger because reasons
>>
>>2811891
I don't really remember much about the game. I didn't enjoy it that much, and I gave up on the game because it kept freezing on me in some factory section (with a moving crane or something, I think?).
>>
>>2811951
>3. Macking on chicks made your weapons stronger because reasons

Virgin detected.
>>
Nelsha was best girl in truth.
>>
I liked the hammer girl also. She was cool.
>>
Sodina is a good tsundere though, she's sharp as a razor and will cut you to the bone on some of the dialogue trees
>>
Yea she does sodina was pretty funny too, as was Marlon I think her name was.
>>
I remember just using the main guy and the shy big guy with a huge ass sword. Every other character sucked, aside from that one that could heal I guess. And I fully aware that I probably did something wrong, since I only managed to forge blades that had moves on them for said big guy that did zillions of damage. Everyone else sucked big time. Also, while it had fun ideas and a nice, enjoyable story, the actual combat was horrid. With one guy in the front doing something and the others supporting or something.
>>
>>2811926
I still have the send away music cd for this game. Opening song is decent.
>>
File: Azure Dreams Sprite Rips.png (505KB, 1181x1999px) Image search: [Google]
Azure Dreams Sprite Rips.png
505KB, 1181x1999px
Honestly Azure Dreams had the better waifus and gameplay.

This game had pedigree backing it but somehow really didn't manage to pull it off.
>>
>>2811891

Miskatonia (or whatever it's spelled) has the comfiest music ever.

Other than that, the game is a bit disappointing. I remember failing once against the final boss 6~years ago, and not trying again because the story suddenly became retarded and obscure.
>>
>>2812965

I know many people on this board like Azure Dreams, but damn I dislike this game so much.
If I wanted to go back to level 1 every time, I'd play Climax Landers...
>>
>>2812965
Ad is nice but Ta is better imo with the battles and story. Ad is fun but drags after a while I found.
>>
File: 44-Part3535.jpg (53KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
44-Part3535.jpg
53KB, 600x450px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HqMxHwhqio
>>
>>2812965
So, is that Ghosh's dad that you kill at the end?

also claiming Fur as my waifu
>>
>>2814243
Azure dreams only takes a few hours to beat though
>>
>>2815365
Just some random out of the blue asshole, don't think he had any relation to Ghosh
>>
>>2815367
And is still rather bland for a rougelike.
>>
>>2815457
He looks a lot like Ghosh's sister though

and Koh's sister actually

shit maybe Koh's dad and Ghosh's dad fucked eachother's woman

or maybe he was Koh's mom's brother and Koh and Ghosh are actually cousins
>>
>>2815465
I prefer to call it efficient.
>>
>>2813647
It's one of the worst rpgs I have played as well anon. You are not alone. It's right up there with Monster Seed.
>>
>>2815497
Azure Dreams is comfy af nigga what are you even talking about

I can't even decide if Azure or Chocobo's Dungeon 2 is more comfy they're both great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2adeLm8DwY
>>
>>2815504
Comfy =\= good.
>>
Marion for best gorl.
>>
>>2815747
Edgy=/=smart
>>
>>2812605
Sodina was my first JRPG waifu

Thousand Arms is a decent game, but it's way too short and gimmicky. The Dating mechanics were well implimented and I actually have a sot spot for the game, but it really is pretty unmemorable.
>>
Didn't like Thousand Arms.
I found the slow, constant 1v1 battles to be insufferable.

I might give it another shot, now that i'm more patient. I always had a crush on that girl with the short, green hair.
>>
>>2811926
>it was the ending song
FTFY

Two of Us > Depend on You
>>
>>2816346
You should learn how to use that word sonny, this board is for us old cats not you young pups.
Tacking edgy onto something cuz they don't agree with you is childish at best and idiotic at worse.
>guess what end of the stick you're on.
>>
The art style is perfect and the dating is great but the game and story itself is a hot mess and one of the first of its kind of low-value garbage anime shovelware that comes out of NIS and Idea Factory these days.

I bought it when it came out and while I beat it I realized at that point that not everything that comes out of Japan is good.
>>
>>2816346
Memes =/= Dank
>>
>>2816705
I liked her too, if for anything then because I never was good on dates with her. Everything I said that seemed to make sense was wrong and I actually lost points after said date was done.
>>
>>2817346
That's a nelsha date for you.
>>
One of the best psx rpgs.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.