[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you remember Creatures (1996)? My whole family sat there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: em foo dada.jpg (195KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
em foo dada.jpg
195KB, 1024x768px
Do you remember Creatures (1996)?

My whole family sat there watching these things. It was a real thrill when they started to talk and made fun of their illiterate siblings.
>>
this is a discreet furry post, isn't it?
>>
>>2811294
Was this British? I don't remember it at all. Looks cool though.
>>
First game was before my time, but my sister was super obsessed with the sequel.
>>
Sheeiiitt I had this. I remember you could download individual norns to floppies to transport them to the worlds of friends with the same game

It blew my mind at the time to be physically transporting a (admittedly primitive) digital creature from one simulated world to another one
>>
>>2813341

Do you see Klonoa in the OP, motherfucker?
>>
>>2813479
>Do you see Tail Concerto in the OP, motherfucker
>>
>>2813473
World of future is today
>>
File: Creatures 2.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Creatures 2.png
1MB, 1600x900px
So much nostalgia for these games. Creatures was the first video game I ever played. Pretty much inspired me into the job I do today. I still look back on it and enjoy it today, and overall it has aged pretty well.
>>2813363
It was British and pretty amazing. Each creature had their own DNA that would be passed on to their children, but random mutations also occurred just like real life. It also had some great mods with custom objects and creatures that would breath underwater, resist radiation or fly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatures_%28artificial_life_series%29
>>
>>2811294
used to play it with my sister. tried it recently, but didn't care for it much.
>>
I got the Playstation version at the grocery store for like $5 when I was younger.
the game was ugly, I didn't know what to do, and I hated it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.