[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Handheld discussion thread Someone came up with a similar concept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: title.jpg (43KB, 800x496px) Image search: [Google]
title.jpg
43KB, 800x496px
Handheld discussion thread

Someone came up with a similar concept to the SEGA nomad for the SNES. It was essentially a portable console with a display called the supaboy. It probably had waaay better battery life.
>>
File: 8468.supaboy_SMW.jpg-600x0.jpg (46KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
8468.supaboy_SMW.jpg-600x0.jpg
46KB, 600x447px
rechargeable battery -5 hour

Composite video/audio output Headphones 2 x game controller

ac power adapter when you plug it in to an external display.
>>
>>2811180
>low battery light is on
kek
>>
>>2811232
but... but.. muh portability.
>>
We sell them at the store I work at. I've been there for a year and we've had three out of maybe 25 come back returned with the screen not working. AV out, sound and everything else works fine. I like it and I've beaten things on it but it's built kind of cheaply.
>>
>>2811224
I've heard that it's horrible to hold, massively unreliable, and the LCD sucks by modern standards though.
>>
>>2811224
I don't really see how it having a headphone out or only 2 controllers is a downside, the original SNES only had two controller ins you needed to buy a hub to use more and there was only a handful of games that supported 4 players anyhow, not that playing Super Bomberman with 4 people isn't a blast.
>>
>>2812631
You heard correctly.
>>
>>2811180
Just emulate on your phone.
>>
>>2811180
>Someone came up with a similar concept to the SEGA nomad for the SNES
, approximately 15 years later.
>>
>>2812631
>I've heard that it's horrible to hold
Nah, not so much

>massively unreliable
Not at all

>and the LCD sucks by modern standards
Yes, going back to that after being spoiled by 4k screens on our phones is harsh
>>
>>2811224
You realize that the Nomad and GameGear both get notably better battery life on modern batteries than they did in the 90s, right? Somewhere in the ballpark of 2x-3x the battery life they used to.

Battery technology has advanced. Who would have thought?
>>
>>2813068
I get about 5 hours on my Nomad, though it does have a new LCD instead of the factory original.

Not that it matters because I just keep it in my car and have it plugged in all the time anyway.
>>
>>2813041
How does it's screen compare to a PSP?
>>
>>2811224
You do realise that it is an emulator with a romdumper? Even non-retroarch android emulators are more accurate.
>>
>>2811224
Is it just me, or are the controller ports in the most retarded spot you could have them? I always liked the Nomad because it didn't have a superfluous first controller port.

I mean, the only real argument against this is that the second player would have trouble seeing the screen, in which case you probably shouldn't be playing 2-player in the back of a school bus.
>>
>>2813068
This. I get about 9 with some good rechargables on my nomad.
>>
File: 1447900797244.jpg (36KB, 400x447px) Image search: [Google]
1447900797244.jpg
36KB, 400x447px
>remembering the time you passed on a $20 Nomad
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.