[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck all people who call tank controls "clunky" or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (3KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 259x194px
Fuck all people who call tank controls "clunky" or "confusing". This retarded meme needs to end right now.

You are literally braindead if you can't grasp it. There are two types of people in this world:

>smart people who understand simple concepts instantly
>knuckle draggers who lack eye-hand coordination due to underdeveloped brains

Don't fall into that second category. Just press fucking up to go forward. If you can't manage doing that, well, good luck ever getting a job that requires you to think.
>>
File: ken_kutaragi.jpg (215KB, 463x477px) Image search: [Google]
ken_kutaragi.jpg
215KB, 463x477px
>the majority of people who talk about RE are brain dead retarded

You don't say
>>
Most don't understand that tank controls were meant to make it so you can keep going forward and change direction in keeping with the sudden camera changes.
>>
>>2808953

It also looped back around when some series continued using fixed or semi-fixed camera but 3D controls like with DMC. DMC4 has several parts that are only difficult/annoying because of a sudden camera switch
>>
>>2808951
>NO U

Now that is a retarded post

>>2808953
People who don't understand something as elementary as that should not voice their opinions on anything.
>>
>>2808965
>NO U

Nice reading comprehension
>>
>>2808951
>the majority of people are brain dead retarded
fixed that for you
>>
I think the main issue a lot of people have is how slow the turning speed is, not so much the tank controls. They don't care that it's a design choice which keeps the games tense, they just don't like it. The people who just shit on tank controls in general are probably kids who only played RE for a few minutes.
>>
>>2808987
>hurrr I can't formulate sentences so "reading comprehension" durrrrrrr

What the fuck is the point of your post then? That a majority of people who talk about RE complain about tank controls? That is both false and completely irrelevant. Good job.
>>
I enjoyed muh tank controls in Resident Evil, Grim Fandango and Heavy Rain. They didndo nuffin wrong
>>
>>2809113
The tank controls in Grim Fandango are strangely satisfying.
>>
>>2809017
>The people who just shit on tank controls in general are probably kids who only played RE for a few minutes.

This, you get used to the controls within the first hour of gameplay, after that it feels natural, even the next day when you go back to play more.
>>
>>2809027
No, I would argue the tank controls are the main point of contention most people have with the old RE games.
>>
>>2808950
Making your character intentionally control like shit doesn't add any tension to the game. If anything it's just artificial spookiculty.
>>
Only issue with tank controls is when the camera changes so that your running in a different direction,so all of a sudden your going up the screen yet holding down on the dpad
>>
>>2809547
What's artificial about it? If you're dying because you can't turn around fast enough you probably just suck.
>>
>>2809552

You don't know what tank controls are.
>>
>>2809017
>The people who just shit on BLANK controls in general are probably kids who only played BLANK for a few minutes.

there I ended the discussion
people nowadays will look at anything that doesn't control exactly like cod or gow and label it as having shit controls because they can't take 10 minutes to adapt to a new control scheme.

I can go back to goldeneye and jetforce gemini no problem and people shit onclassic RE like it's an unplayable abomination
>>
>>2809552
That would be the exact opposite of tank controls.
>>
>>2809552
you're thinking of bad fixed camera angle games like DMC, not real tank controls.
>>
>>2808953
Use regular analog controls. Make it so when you push the stick a certain way, the character continues running that way even if the camera changes, until you release the stick. Problem solved.
>>
>>2809714
I think the alternate control scheme in the N64 port of Resident Evil 2 did this.
>>
>>2809581
that happens a lot in re2, I remember in the hunk minigame there's a bunch of zombies hiding in these blind spots when the camera suddenly turns 180ยบ
>>
File: ree.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
>>2809714
That's always been pretty disorienting to me. Whenever the camera shifts I just feel confusing that the direction I'm pointing in on the controller isn't thr one my character is in
>>
>>2809012
Average self-aware human bean here. Can confirm.
>>
>>2808950
so what's the point of starting an argument about it? If they're not smart enough to get it, they're just gonna argue with you.

Oh wait, this is a troll thread.
>>
>>2810306
This. People will fight tooth and nail to defend their egos.
>>
>>2809017
wasn't there an autospin button in RE, at least in one of the games?
>>
>>2808950
>You are literally braindead if you can't grasp it. There are two types of people in this world:

>Smart people who can communicate their ideas and opinions in an intelligent and straightforward manner
>Retarded trolls who use vitriol, insults and anger in place of reasonable thought.

If you want people to pay attention to and respect what you're saying, don't be like OP. Even if the content of what you're saying is true, it's still possible to present it in such a terrible way that no one will agree or care about what you're saying at all.
>>
>>2809805
Also in parasite eve i think.
>>
>>2813307
Parasite Eve doesn't have tank controls, it has camera-centric controls, and you're right, it IS an issue in this game even though the camera angles are very wide, sometimes almost top-down, and change a lot less often.
>>
>>2808953

This, and tank controls make it possible to navigate more than 8 directions on a dpad. The original ps1 control lacked an analog stick and when the DualShock came out, not everyone had one so most games were still made with dpad users at least partially in mind
>>
>>2809547

It's not artificial if you can get good at it. I beat RE with no issues, as did my girlfriend.
>>
While I agree that tank controls are not hard to get used to and actually good, this thread serves no purpose whatsoever aside from shitflinging.
>>
>>2809118
>>2809113
The worst part about the tank controls in Grim Fandago isn't the tank nature, it's how Manny changes direction if you run into a wall (I guess the game wants to help guide you into a direction you can go in), meaning there are areas where simply holding forward makes you ping-pong around when all you wanted to do was press into the wall and "slide" along it until you reach the exit.
>>
>>2813307
Parasite Eve 2, yes, but not in the first Parasite Eve.
>>
shitty controls is not good game design

get over yourself masochists
>>
>>2809789
It did. Confusing as fuck desu senpai
>>
tank controls are wonderful in over the sholder camera angles, better than that twin stick gobbledygook, with static camera angles they ruin the fugging game and make it into monkey crap tho lol :D
>>
i never knew tank controls were a problem until the internet told me so
i had no problems playing those silent hill and resident evil games as a kid, and seeing others struggle with them or complain is just weird
>>
>>2815757
Same, I have more trouble with resource management in these games since I've been conditioned to kill everything.
>>
>>2815757
This, the concept of "bad game design" comes after better, more modern alternatives. It was never viewed as "clunky" because that's just how most 3D games controlled then. And for the atmosphere, it worked great.
>>
>>2809573
Yeah that's a very common problem people have. Many times you'll also see them dismiss more unconventional control schemes as being "artificial difficulty" or something similar. It's an unwillingness to adapt and judge games individually instead of holding them to an imaginary universal standard. Everything just has to be immediately easy and pleasant. It's a shame too because more sluggish and difficult control types can bring a lot to the table and make the games feel unique, like in the case of survival horror games or hell even stuff like Castlevania.
>>
>>2808950
I agree.

Gamers these days are just shitbreeds OP. They're retarded and can't handle anything that's not 'streamlined'.

If you're born in the '90s or later you have no place on /vr/. Chances are you're a complete shitter.

I swear one day games will be called bad just for being able to kill the player.
>>
>>2815825
>I swear one day games will be called bad just for being able to kill the player.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/198880/In_storydriven_games_Game_overs_are_a_failure_of_game_design_says_David_Cage.php
>>
>>2808950
I can play with tank controls but I wouldn't if it was a choice. It was a limitation, not a revolution.
>>
>>2815825
And yet certain genres like fighters, strategy games and roguelikes are getting ever more and more complicated and in depth.

The thing isn't that games are being made easier universally. The thing is that now there are games being made for people who wouldn't have otherwise been interested in them, and that includes games without dying or whatever.

At this point you will never have enough time to master every game you do like, so there's really no point fretting that somewhere out there games are being made for completely different people that you will never want to play.

This is like getting mad that soap operas are on TV while you're at work.
>>
>>2815849
Tank controls have persisted long after two sticks became the standard and gorgeous full 3D was everywhere. Resident Evil 4 for example has the exact same control scheme as RE3, except with a different camera angle. Are you honestly going to argue that it wasn't a very deliberate design decision there? The controls are like that for more or less the same reason as in RE1, too.
>>
File: gta-2-.png (533KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gta-2-.png
533KB, 1024x768px
>>2808950
>This retarded meme needs to end right now.
No kid. You need to end, now. Games like classic GTA would be 100% better with 360 control and a strife button. While games like RE work better with tank because the perspective changes in each room.
>>
>>2815825
But I grew up with these games as well. You sound like a senile elder when you generalize like that. Stop being jaded, gramps.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.