[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Happy 25th Birthday! In commemoration -of the possibly the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: Super_Famicom.png (222KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Famicom.png
222KB, 500x400px
Happy 25th Birthday!

In commemoration -of the possibly the best Nintendo System- we post our favorite game and what is what we like about it.

I love Lufia 2, despite being a direction mess, the puzzles and the gameplay were awesome for a JRPG. Also the ancient cave.
>>
I just got my first SNES a few days ago. I haven't been able to play it yet but my first games are Mystic Quest, UN Squadron, Chrono Trigger, Gradius III, Pop'n Twinbee, Super Famista, Rockman X2 and Dolucky no Kusayakiu

I used to spend all day playing an emulator back in the early 2000s, my favorite was probably EVO which I hope to pick up but I'm hoping to not pay ebay prices on that one.
>>
Truly the best console.
imo SFC > PAL SNES > SNES Jr. > power gap > US SNES
>>
>>2808943
Best Nintendo console, nothing ever came close to its awesome library.

My favorite games are the Romancing SaGa series, Jikkyo Oshaberi Parodius, Metal Max Returns, Magical Pop'n, Ys V, Castlevania IV and Front Mission:Gun Hazard.
Honorable Mentions go to Alcahest, Brain Lord, Mystic Ark and Shiren the Wanderer.
>>
>>2808967
US > SFC > PAL > Jr. here, but I don't know why we'd rank them in this thread
>>
File: metroid_1446804189031.jpg (421KB, 720x936px) Image search: [Google]
metroid_1446804189031.jpg
421KB, 720x936px
>>
>>2809025

It has bad gamefeel
>>
File: donkey_kong_country.jpg (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
donkey_kong_country.jpg
1MB, 1440x900px
My favorite - DKC.

Not too easy, not too difficult. Brilliant art style, graphics, ambient. Unsurpassed OST. Uniformed&consistent perfection/10

Still have the cranky machine, but can't get it running. Games freeze on start screen and won't budge. I don't remember it being broken last time I've played, but that was a decade ago.
>>
File: goemonsfc-5.png (19KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
goemonsfc-5.png
19KB, 256x224px
Legend of the Mystical Ninja here.

Co-op is perfectly executed. Good variety in stages and gameplay, but they transition well. Absolutely loaded with minigames, but rarely ever makes them necessary unless you want to play them. Pretty good music and art. Never takes itself too seriously.
>>
>>2809061
those graphics aged like rancid piss
>>
>>2809079

Still looks great to me. The few instances where they do look bad are mainly confined to the first game where they are still getting their SGI legs, so to speak.
>>
>>2809079

I don't know about that. I always thought it looked dumb
>>
>>2809079
I see nothing but a work of beauty
Helps that Rare heavily stylized their 3D models too, still doesn't look "outdated"
>>
>>2809079

Nah, looks good. 2.5D age well better than early 3D
>>
Just imported a Japanes SFC. Whats the best way to play SNES games on it without breaking anything?
>>
>sufami has the same birthday as me
neat.
>>
>>2809265
J-J-JAM IT IN!
>>
>>2809265
What exactly do you mean?
If you're living in a PAL country, you have to get a voltage transformer/converter. If you live in a NTSC country, just put it in the SFC and play the game.

Anyway, regarding the topic I'd say that my favourite game on it and in general is Tales of Phantasia. It's about 55% nostalgia and 45% because I legitimately think that it's a good game.
I didn't understand a word of Japanese in 1996 (I had a Japanese friend who had family in nippon so we had some cool games), so he translated it for me, or his mother/father.
Also, the Linear Motion Battle System was and still is a unique battle system and makes the whole series so much fun to play.
Also, SFC version > PSX version
>>
>>2809265
Unscrew the console and take the top half off when you play American games. There are passive adapters out there but they're sort of uncommon and can be expensive apparently.
>>
>>2809269
>sufami
Fucking cringy. But happy birthday
>>
>>2809282
I mean how to play American SNES cartridges on a Japanese SFC. I like the look of the SFC but don't feel like importing every game.
>>
>>2809287
Oh, ok thanks.
>>
>>2809287
Oh and if you have PAL games they wont work without a 50Hz/PAL mod and a PAL CIC chip. Some games work if you disable the CIC but not all of them
>>
>>2809293
>>2809292
Super famicom is basically identical hardware-wise to the American SNES so games from both regions will work in the console with no modification. The console's shell is the only obstruction.
>>
>>2809291
>sufami
>Fucking cringy.
You know that's a common way of abbreviating it right? its like calling SNES cringe worthy.
>>
>>2809079
u wot m8?
>>
>>2808991

Anybody know where I could find more of these?
>>
File: metroid_1446804178575.jpg (365KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
metroid_1446804178575.jpg
365KB, 1920x1080px
>>2809496
>>
File: 1392921544450.gif (320KB, 371x418px) Image search: [Google]
1392921544450.gif
320KB, 371x418px
>>2809265
>get a Super Famicom to play Japanese games
>I need to play western format PAL/NTSC cartridges on my Super Famicom

You know that you can play Japanese Super Famicom cartridges on a west world SNES console, right?
There's four little molded plastic tabs inside the cartridge slot on them to block Super Famicom cartridges, but there's nothing beyond that which stops it from reading them, it's the same kind of chips and connectors in SF and SNES carts, it's the same format of ROM.

If you remove the little plastic blocking tabs in the cartridge slot of a SNES (many just twist them off with pliers, personally I would carefully sand them off), then you can insert a Super Famicom cartridge, power on the console, and the system will read the ROM in it, and you can play it. I mean, it will still be in Moonspeak and all, but the game will work.
>>
File: SMW_castle.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
SMW_castle.png
3KB, 256x224px
It was also the birthday of SMW which launched with the console, which also happens to be my favorite game of all time (yeah, I know, not too creative, but gotta be honest).

What do I like about it? Everything, including these funny little cutscenes when you defeat a castle.
>>
Shit dude I loved Seiken Densetsu 3.
Played it all the time back in middle school on an emulator. It's such a simple game but I'd come home every day and just play it for hours.
The other favorite is Metal Max Returns. I never met anyone who's actually played it which is sad because it was like an alternate universe FFVI where all you did was pilot tanks instead of fighting crazy clowns.
Good times.
>>
Super Castlevania IV is like my penis. Sure, I love it, but it could be much longer and harder.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
Was the body ever identified?
>>
>>2809582
Yeah, both NTSC-U and NTSC-J consoles are basically region free if it wasn't for format differences.

PAL consoles, however, require mods or wierdo adapters that take two cartridges and may or may not work.

Myself I took the approach of SFC + adapter that raises the pin connector up so I can play US SNES games without transplanting the PCB. I was lucky to find a full-pin adapter.
>>
File: smaw-luigi.jpg (6KB, 250x60px) Image search: [Google]
smaw-luigi.jpg
6KB, 250x60px
>>2810445
>playing as Luigi
mah nigga
>>
>>2808991
Cool, didn't know there was a Virtual Boy port
>>
I cannot pick one favorite game so here is my top 5:

Chrono Trigger
Turtles in Time
Super Mario RPG
Kirby's Superstar
Donkey Kong Country 3

it was hard narrowing it down to those 5.
>>
Hong Kong 97
>>
>>2812673
We can narrow it down to people how were murdered on June 6th, 1992.
>>
>>2809582
Just had this done. Any games I should buy specifically? I'm just generally looking to expand my SNES/SFC collection. Especially since it seems SFC games are cheaper than the US counterparts.

Also anyone have fighting game suggestions I love bullshit fighters.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.