[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/, I don't come here too often, but I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1336722296216.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1336722296216.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
Hey /vr/,

I don't come here too often, but I've been slowly collecting games I had or wanted as a child. Recently my ability to actually build my collection has grown incredibly.

Now the reason I mention this: I was curious if anyone had, or knew of, a list of good games (or I suppose games that are 'required' to have a decent collection) for NES, SNES, N64, Genesis and Saturn. I think it would be useful in building my list of games and a handy second list to go off of rather than just my memory.
>>
>>2808528
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+games+ever
>>
>>2808528
I'm going to overlook the douchebaggery of your question and recommend that instead of focusing on "required decent" games you look at the flavor of the games you currently have in your collection and you attempt to expand outward from those games, which is generally done by matching genres and/or themes. What is it that you enjoy about retro gaming? What additional games would expand your enjoyment?

But if you just want to be a douchebag about it choose a platform and start building a complete game set for it. N64 first for maximum douchebaggery.
>>
>>2808528
>>2808540
>>2808532
>incoming price hike on your favorite games
>>
File: 1351643551530.jpg (659KB, 900x660px) Image search: [Google]
1351643551530.jpg
659KB, 900x660px
>>2808540
I'm not trying to be a douchebag. I'm not collecting because I want "teh rare cool hip games" I was just wondering if there was a list that was /vr/ approved that I could look at. I pretty much know what I want, But its nice to know what the accepted list of "good games for ____ console" are so I can have an idea on how much I will end up spending. Also sometimes I end up picking up games I would have never heard of or picked up otherwise.
>>
>>2808553
Just stop posting you absolutely are a hipster collector if you're just getting into it now, you are getting into it at literally the worst time
>>
>>2808553
Adding on to this, I only owned a Genesis and an N64 as a kid. I had a friend with an SNES but other than that I really didn't have a large selection of games I played until I was older.

For example, this is what I have for the NES:
Tetris, Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3, Super Contra,Donkey Kong, Star Tropics, Paperboy, Excitebike, Ninja Gaiden 2, Megaman 2, TMNT, TMNT: Manhattan Project, LoZ, Rampage, Master Blaster, and Spot.

Was planning on getting Castlevania1-3. Just trying to figure out what else I should get.
>>
>>2808528
I hate to be one of those guys cause they can get obnoxious but you're probably better off getting a flashcart or emulating because you're hopping into the collecting scene way after a lot of the really good games jumped to ridiculous prices. Especially the Saturn that shit can be a blackhole for your wallet even if you're going for Japanese games.
>>
>>2808571
Jesus christ how about being a part of an inclusive community for once?

>>2808553
There's a literal wikia that compiles all of /v/'s (and by extension /vr/'s) recommended games, here:
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki//v/%27s_Recommended_Games_Wiki
>>
Buy games that you want to play. There are so many recommendation lists. "Must have" games are retarded.
>>
>>2809593
This too. Don't just collect for collecting's sake, that's only going to waste your time and money. I suggest picking a console or two, maybe a portable, and only collect for those for a good long while.

And again, you should actually give a shit about these consoles, not just because someone on the internet told you it's "the best console ever".
>>
>>2808528
Damn, Jesse's a dime when she doesn't have all that product in her hair.
>>
>>2809645

"Now kiss, to confuse my penis further..."
>>
>>2808543

Jokes on you, my favorite games already had their price hike
>>
>>2809695
>implying they only get one
>>
>>2809718
His do only get one. As in Day 1 DLC.
>>
>>2808553
read the sticky
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.