[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game has the absolute worst fucking beginning, jesus christ.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 3453454235.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
3453454235.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
This game has the absolute worst fucking beginning, jesus christ.

I picked it up since I started Lufia 1. Will play 2 after I'm done 1, but I wanted to test 2 out since I bought it. I played a bit of the beginning.

>go to shop
>get slapped by blue haired girl
>immediately able to play

Nice. Not sure what to do in town, but I save at the church and try to leave. This old man tells me to go to a southern dungeon, sure I'll do that. As soon as I get in, I go through the most atrocious fucking tutorial ever. This fucking half dead geezer wouldn't shut the fuck up about such obvious things. Is there where gaming started to go downhill? Why did they feel the need to go so in depth with the teachings? Lufia 1 plastered tutorials on the wall, and even if they were obscure, the game was not hard to understand.

Gonna go back to Lufia 1. Going to keep my file saved after that stupid dungeon in L2 so I don't have to go through that stupid tutorial shit again. What a fucking joke.
>>
I think it's cool that Lufia 2 is a prequel though.
>>
>>2803492
When will /vr/ ever get over this thing where they try and old game expecting it to blow every expectation out of the water and then make salty posts about how much it sucks when it doesn't?
>>
>>2803501
He'll probably stop it when people stop praising games as the second coming of Jesus. This is what happens when games get hyped. It's not unreasonable to expect a game to knock your socks off when it has a stellar reputation, which Lufia 2 does have.

A better question is when will people like you get over making contentless posts to complain?
>>
>>2803512
Falling for hype is for children.
>>
>>2803492

There is literally nothing wrong with a game teaching you how to play.

The fact that the roughly 20 minutes of guided gameplay was such a big hurdle for you shows how much of an impatient child you are.
>>
The Lufia series sucked dick when I tried it. I fail to understand how wearing any but the strongest of prescription Nostalgia Goggles (TM) could get someone to defend, recommend, or touch that series.

Hell, I couldn't stand to even be in the same _room_ with a Lufia 1 cart: it plays THAT BAD.
>>
kill yourself OP
>>
Lufia 1 and 2 are just alright with a decent soundtrack. 3 is fantastic though.
>>
Lufia 2 has this amazing rogue-like mode called Ancient Cave.
Everything is randomized, all the monsters and gear, all the way down to the final boss on level 100.
>>
>>2803492
Wild Arms is every good thing about Lufia 2 put into a game that doesn't suck ass.

So just play Wild Arms and forget about Lufia
>>
>>2803492
If you liked Lufia 1's story, be warned that Lufia 2 takes everything the first game hinted at regarding Maxim's time (legions, war, apocalyptic attacks, time of desperation) and shits all over it. It takes stuff from Lufia 1 and reskins them, only they make no sense at all in the context of Lufia 2's plot. For example, Dual Blade is underwater in Lufia 2 as well. Why? Nobody knows or cares! Also the entire game takes in another "area" of the world, even though you get to travel the entire globe/donut planet in BOTH GAMES.

Every single "island"/continent is connected via a broken shrine/cave until you get a ship, and that's the first sign of how haphazardly put together the whole world is. In Lufia 1 small quests came from a big goal (find Artea, get Dual Blade, etc...), here you have no big goal. All Sinistrals actually attack at the very last moment and it's embarrassingly silly when compared to the desolate landscape Lufia 1 portrayed. The only good parts of the story are those directly imported from Lufia 1 (ie the ending).

The gameplay is a hell of a lot better than Lufia 1 once you get past the tutorials, though. The Ancient Cave is really good. I think it's worth to put up with the shitty story and tutorials, it's really good. The music is great and graphics are nice.

Lufia I was really mediocre when taken piece by piece, but you can see there was passion and attention to detail in that game. The story may be cliché now, but it's heartfelt and poignant. Lufia 2 has GREAT mechanics and elements, but you can see it's hollow, there was no real passion on it outside of the what it repeats from Lufia 1.

Also 3 is fantastic and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Story is slightly less retarded than Lufia 2's, but the gameplay and battle system is the greatest. The music is surprisingly good for GBC game, it's the best GBC soundtrack in my opinion.
>>
>>2806660

I do like Lufia 2, but I never got into Lufia.

I can completely agree with most of what you're saying. Lufia 2 severely lacks direction. You go do a bunch of arbitrary things because you need something to progress. Introduce a bunch of worthless characters, and essentially stuff that comes down to being worthless fluff.
>>
>>2806660
seriously just play Wild Arms man it's everything that Lufia 2 should be but isn't

All the quests in that game are hella meaningful, and have all the gravitas and tension and sympathetic likable characters that you should expect
>>
>>2806660

>Also 3 is fantastic and don't let anyone tell you otherwise

but the menu is fucking horrible. And i lost all my interest after the first dungeon. How could they be so retarded to make random dungeons, which are all the same? the dungeons were the best part of Lufia 2
>>
>>2806667

It really Strikes me as an unfinished game more than anything else.
>>
>>2806769
>How could they be so retarded to make random dungeons, which are all the same?

Because it easier for them to make a dungeon randomizer than it is to design unique dungeons for each area.
>>
>>2806769
Ancient Cave was imo, and Lufia 3 is like a huge ancient cave. Also the battle system is miles ahead from any other game in the series, color flow, positions, ancient texts, ip, magic, etc, there's tons of things to fiddle with and be strategic about.

From what I've seen people who start with Lufia II are the ones that hate 3. If people start with I they don't care about the dungeons, maybe because I had no puzzle dungeons either.
>>
>>2803580
This is what I was thinking about OP.

The intro for this game sets you up for how it is different from Lufia 1 and how they have improved the game.

>>2806667
I like the fact that you are just some guy going around helping people in different towns. You vaguely have this goal of stopping the sinistrals but you are just helping out different people when they need it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.