[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never had a playstation as a kid. Just one of my friends had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

I never had a playstation as a kid. Just one of my friends had one, and the only game we ever played was megaman legends. I bought one a few years ago thinking I'd start to get into the system but it never really happened. Where should I start? All you PSfags, what was your first game?
>>
I never had a PS1 back in the day. I had a friend that lent me his with a handful of games and I fell in love with Vandal Hearts. It was the first SRPG I ever played.
>>
some obvious core ps1 games

wipeout 3
crash bandicoot 2
rayman
tony hawk's pro skater 2
final fantasy 7
ape escape
gran turismo 2
resident evil 2
>>
The first PSX game I ever played was Twisted Metal.
Other early games I played were Beyond the Beyond (not really recommended, but if you're wondering what the RPG scene was like in the really early days of the console), Tekken, and FF7.
>>
Are there any ps1 multiplats that are better on other systems?
>>
Take your pick nigga. 80% of the library is good games.
>>
A lot of arcade games that were ported to both PSX and Saturn are better on Saturn, particularly Capcom 2D fighters, as are most Saturn games that were ported to PSX (Grandia, the Lunar remakes, etc)
>>
>>2802286

san francisco rush is a shell of a game on psx, but fucking awesome on n64

chrono trigger lags at the start of every battle

on the flip side, tony hawk games were better on psx vs n64 due to better d-pad and better audio. psx also got a release of thps4 that n64 never did
>>
File: jumping_flash_2_front.jpg (397KB, 1010x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jumping_flash_2_front.jpg
397KB, 1010x1000px
JUMPING FLAAASH TWOOO!

BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE MUU!
>>
>>2802292

I love the PS1, but no.

Sturgeon's law, nigga.

PS1 is notorious for its shovelware.
>>
>>2802286
I probably should have asked:
>"How does the ps1 fair on multiplats, any that are better on ps1? What about better on other systems?"
>>
>>2802251
>first game
street fighter: the movie: the game
crash bandicoot

GOAT console. nothing comes close
>>
shrek treasure hunt
>>
>>2802251
>Where should I start?

The correct answer is Castlevania SOTN.
>>
File: Twisted_Metal_2.jpg (90KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Twisted_Metal_2.jpg
90KB, 500x500px
If you have someone to play it with you get Twisted Metal 2 right fucking now and thank me later.
>>
>what was your first game?
Discworld, Mortal Kombat, and Rayman were what I had at Xmas with my PSX.
First two are some of the cheapest scumbags in their respective genres, but Rayman is still GOAT material.
>>
Fighting:
Soul Blade
Tekken 2
Tekken 3
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Racing:
R4
Gran Turismo 2
Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit
Need For Speed: High Stakes
Crash Team Racing

Platformer:
Ape Escape
Crash Bandicoot 1-3
Klonoa
Oddworld 1 & 2

Action:
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil 1-3
Silent Hill
Syphon Filter 1 & 2
Dino Crisis 1 & 2
Einhander
G Darius
R-Type Delta
Thunder Force V
Ace Combat 2
Colony Wars 1-3

RPG:
FF 7-9
Parasite Eve 1 & 2
Vagrant Story
Chrono Cross

FPS:
Doom
Descent
Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor: Underground
>>
I asked for SotN when my parents bought me my PS1 for christmas but got FF7 instead... so that was my first game for the console. Then I bought FF Tactics after it came out, Tekken 3, RE2&3, Bloody Roar, GT2, RR4 etc.

just download some shit and play it.
>>
>>2802251
We got our Playstation back in Christmas 96 with command and conquer. Moved onto micro machines v3, tomb raider, ff7,8,9, red alert, alundra, vigilante 8, gran turismo and metal gear. Towards the end of the consoles life I began buying up all the games i wanted but wouldn't have spent £40+ on; such as silent hill, metal gear, breath of fire 4, vagrant story. Good times

If there is one thing I could go back in time and tell my younger self it would be to wait a few months before buying the console. They had a major price cut when the delayed n64 was eventually released in the uk. I would have saved about £40 or so and I believe a new model which didn't have overheating and skipping fmv (we went through about 3 consoles which had similar problems and used to blame each other when it wasn't our fault). Wasn't clued up enough at the time to find second jand shops and used to buy games at full rrp.
>>
Even though I never got into rpgs until later for the sake of being honest Xenogears and Parasite Eve were the first for me.
>>
>>2802784
And FFIX.
>>
>>2802494
>no bushido blade
>no toshinden
shm senpai desu
>>
It probably wasn't my first game, but my earliest memory of any video game was Tomba 2.
>>
>>2804457

Young!
>>
Start by emulating everything for this system and avoid the god awful load times.
>>
>>2804461
Even younger than you'd think. My grandmother managed to buy at least like 4 PS1s and at least 40 discs for them over the course of 3 years. I got into games around when people started selling ps1 in yard sales. I'm satisfied.
>>
>>2804476

4 PS1s?

Why not buyt 4 different consoles? Or was it because she bought a new one each time one stopped working?

Also yeah, I imagined you were that young, not surprised desu.
>>
>>2802251

you can also play all the PS1 games on a PSP without even having to hack it...
>>
Final Fantasy 7
all the Crash Bandicoot games
the Spyro games,

Tomb Raider as well

Symphony of the Night

Megaman 8

Megaman X4/X5/X6

the first 2 Raymans

Twisted Metal for sure

few racing games, stuff like GTR 98 or ridge racer I guess.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YGRghnhNoQ
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.