[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What series have you binge played? Which ones do you recommend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

What series have you binge played? Which ones do you recommend for this purpose?
>>
>>2801865
mario
>>
>>2801869
Spin-offs included or just the mainline platformers?
>>
What's binge playing?
>>
Mega Man is nice to play one after the other because they're relatively short if you know what you're doing
>>
>>2801901
Playing them all in a row in as little sitting as possible.
>>
>>2801901
When you run through an entire series consecutively.
>>
>>2801865
I did this with Mega Man 3-10 earlier this year.

It was fantastic.

Right now I'm playing through the Ghouls series. Just finished the second playthrough of Ghouls and Ghosts today, still have my second playthrough of Super Ghouls to do, and I'm about half way through Gargoyle's Quest 2.
>>
>>2801943
Why not 1 and 2 also?
>>
Donkey Kong Country 1-3.

Unfortunately the third makes it fairly anticlimactic
>>
Fucking Resident Evil

Basically shortish games with good, continuous story are a bit less common in the /vr/ era where it was more about the games themselves unlike today

I might say Tomb Raider but honestly you need a bit of a break in between

I guess Mega Man is fair since the physics are consistent and beating one gives you some insight into how to handle upcoming ones.

Ghosts, Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania are like this too but pretty taxing. Metroid changes platforms too much.

Sonic might be good. Bonk. Wonder Boy is good though the first one is a bit more arcadey. Sierra point & click games if you're good at them or are willing to consult a guide.
>>
>>2801952
I completely those years ago. Felt like tackling the rest of them this year.
>>
>>2801905
This.
Binged on Megaman X on the SNES a while back, it feels more like one long game than three short games.
>>
>>2801865
Wolfenstein.

>Wolfenstein 3D
>Nocturnal Missions
>Spear Of Destiny
>Totenkopf SDL (standalone mod)
>Return To Castle Wolfenstein
>Wolfenstein 09'
I have New Order lying around, but haven't gotten around to it.
I hear it's good.
>>
Resident Evil 3, because of the sheer fun of the action and because of all the freedom you have in weapons and ammo making, as well as all the different scenario changes and semi random factors.
Always fun to play.

When I was a kid some of the games I used to 'binge play' on NES were:
Duck Tales 2
Tiny Toons Adventure
Astérix
The Smurfs

I know every pixel of those games by heart, especially Duck Tales 2. I mean, when you're a kid, and you find out the hidden secret area within another hidden secret area, you know you've exploited all possibilities.
>>
>>2801865
>tfw you want to marathon several series at once
>they're all JRPGs

I'm going to have to buffer my ongoing Shin Megami Tensei binge alongside my newly formed Dragon Quest binging.
>>
>>2801969
>Bonk

definitely. especially since the first game is mostly linear and the 3rd game is the most open

Bonk's Revenge is also one of my favorite games.
>>
Wizards & Warriors
It's too bad 3 kinda...feels too disjointed from the other two games. Directional sword swinging mechanics were cool and all, but it felt really stupid.
>>
>>2801865
None. I played them as they were released.
>>
King's Field
>>
>>2801865
>The game isn't even in the console
>Two kids are "playing" at the same time but it's SMB, and one of those dumb fucks is jumping TOWARDS the pit
Top kek
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.