[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite game, anon? >pic related The Atari

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Berzerk.jpg (52KB, 256x350px) Image search: [Google]
Berzerk.jpg
52KB, 256x350px
What's your favorite game, anon?

>pic related
The Atari port is just so numbing without Evil Otto. You just let the game play it self really, once you get into the flow.
>>
Press Select, to have Otto
>>
>>2800712
Yeah, was gonna say. Of course Otto is in there. What kind of sucker just plays games on their default settings?
>>
>>2800712
>>2801008
I know, but I perfer to play wothout him. I'd rather relax than have a harder game.
>>
I don't remember this being particularly hard in any setting. Could play this indefinitely otto or no otto
>>
>>2801460
He's not even that hard especially in the Atari version
>>
There is a ROMhack that restores the voice synth from the arcade version.
>>
>>2802405
it works on the real console too? that's impressive, I didn't know the atari had voice modulation abilities.

I'd expect something like that on an Intellivision/Intellivoice port.
>>
Otto scared the piss outta me when I was a kid for some reason
>>
>>2802461
He should, that game is one of the few that kids literally died playing. Polybius had nothing on Berzerk.
>>
File: robot_tank_hes_cart_2.jpg (374KB, 1603x1036px) Image search: [Google]
robot_tank_hes_cart_2.jpg
374KB, 1603x1036px
My favorite game of all time, as in the one I can probably come back to again and again and never love less, is probably Donkey Kong Country 2 or something.

But OP, now you've got me thinking about Atari, and fuck do I love me some Robot Tank. I know Battlezone is kind of more well-known, but Robot Tank never fails to get me hype. Curving bullets, gradual system damage, and those weather effects are amazing (and look really fucking good on Atari, great jorb Activision)

So many times I'd find myself in a rainstorm, and my treads, radar, visual are shot. I'm a sitting duck, I can't track the enemy at all, and I can't even see them through the weather and my glitching screen. But then I see them fire their first missile, and it turns into a crazy game of hot potato where I'm shooting their missiles down, trying to hit the strafing motherfucker without letting their missiles take me out first, and it is always, ALWAYS so damn satisfying to clear out a wave when you're broken down and damn near beaten. Especially with those classic Atari explosions.

I also really like Dark Cavern. It's super simplistic, but "infinite Pac-Man with a gun" is a pretty fun premise. And Asteroids I can probably never get sick of.
>>
File: Worm_War_1_2600_ScreenShot2.gif (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Worm_War_1_2600_ScreenShot2.gif
4KB, 256x224px
Pic related. By no means an overly difficult or twitchy game, it's actually quite soothing but at the same time has everything I want in an Atari game.
>lots of colors
>gameplay that gets progressively more difficult
>a fuckload of amazing Atari sound effects
Also I always really enjoyed the animation on the worm sprites for some reason

Runners up have to be moon patrol, gravitar and star trek strategic operations simulator (which is better than it has any right to be, star trek games are almost always shit)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.