[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some retro games with good romances/or couples

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 11

File: 1444645298159.gif (245KB, 320x171px) Image search: [Google]
1444645298159.gif
245KB, 320x171px
What are some retro games with good romances/or couples that worked well.
>>
File: Lufia_II.jpg (59KB, 250x183px) Image search: [Google]
Lufia_II.jpg
59KB, 250x183px
>>
File: SP1432377616495.jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SP1432377616495.jpg
74KB, 800x600px
sin and punishment

you even get to play as the couple's son on the sequel which makes it more powerful if you've played the first game
>>
File: 1443144493176.jpg (10KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1443144493176.jpg
10KB, 256x256px
any Gundam game is full of successful, healthy relationships
>>
File: ffviii_logo.jpg (38KB, 400x292px) Image search: [Google]
ffviii_logo.jpg
38KB, 400x292px
Laguna's relationship with Julia and Raine, NOT the one between Squall and Rinoa
>>
Donkey Kong Country 2

nice co-op for a couple
>>
Hiro/Lucia

I'm not counting Alex/Luna because they were raised as step-siblings, and the game never addressed this fact regarding their romance.
>>
I always thought the relationship between Vyse and Aika in Skies of Arcadia was very sweet.

>>2798089
I was gonna say, Squall and Rinoa might be the worst romance in anything ever. Just awful.
>>
>>2798089
For all FF8 got plugged as this GREAT EPIC WAR-TORN LOVE STORY, FF9 is the game that actually did its love story well. The relationship between Zidane & Garnet is actually believable, where they tease each other, fight each other, & share secrets. Also it develops at a realistic pace, rather than 8's where Riona just kept hitting on Squall until he finally relented.
>>
>>2798069

I didn't ask for these feels, /vr/.
>>
File: wink wink.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wink wink.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>
>>2798997
I know of some really great Luigi & Daisy smut pics that beg to differ.
>>
File: PeachToadLuigi_SMB3.png (181KB, 577x479px) Image search: [Google]
PeachToadLuigi_SMB3.png
181KB, 577x479px
>>2799024
Luigi x Peach has always been the canon OTP
Mario moved heaven and hell for some Oh! Daisy!
>>
>>2798506
I think there's a lot of bullshit about FF8's romance floating around.
Sure, she just hits on him and tries being cute with him and all but says "I want to date you" from the first fucking hour of gameplay, but that's how it works sometimes.

Bubbly idiots are often attracted to big old grouches, and vice versa, and it often takes time before one or both parties come to accept it, let alone pursue it.
Not to mention the fact that they're 17 years old.

Personally, I found FF9's romantic elements to be forced and out of nowhere. It's like they're just flirty for a while and then suddenly confiding in each other for no apparent reason. and then I'm supposed to believe they love each other...

At least FF8's romance has a realistic pace, where it took until disc 3 for Squall to stop being salty and accept that he likes her. And I think it's that personality of Squall's that throws some people off, honestly.

He's 17 years old, fully trained in hand to hand combat in a world full of proxy battles, he's a merc, his mother died when he was a toddler, he never knew his dad and probably hates him, his only family (Ellone) was taken from him and he was basically forced to learn the hard way that the only way to survive is to rely on yourself.
All of these things make people bitter, grumpy and unpleasant to be around IRL. Especially the "he's 17" thing.

Then you take the polar opposite, cute chick who thinks he's cute, and it goes from there. The progression is perfectly natural for a romance involving an emotionally damaged teen boy and a rebellious teen daddy's girl.
IDK WTF you guys are on about when you bad mouth that plot, honestly.

I mean, I get it if it's not your thing, but it's perfectly re4alistic when you take the actual personalities into account. You know, rather than just take what the game overtly says at face value and then assuming there's nothing more to any of it.
>>
a boy and his blob

Jason and Sophia the 3rd

L-shaped tetrad and S-shaped tetrad
>>
File: 1376416947785.png (2MB, 1737x1358px) Image search: [Google]
1376416947785.png
2MB, 1737x1358px
Then she turned into a psycho.
>>
>>2799036

The romance I could handle. The GFs-Cause-Amnesia bullshit? Nah. Fuck that whole plot thread and the wangsty we're-from-the-same-orphanage garbage it spawns.

(No, not even if they put in a throwaway line at the very beginning of the game.)
>>
File: DQV - Marriage-620x.jpg (37KB, 620x410px) Image search: [Google]
DQV - Marriage-620x.jpg
37KB, 620x410px
I'm surprised Dragon Quest 5 hasn't been mentioned yet.
>>
>>2799413
Why are 99.9% of all Bianca doujins just fucking amazing?
>>
Xenogears
>>
>>2800410
Does that one have skells?
>>
>>2800481
Pardon me, what is a "skell"?
>>
>>2799413

I'm not sure why they expected anyone to pick Nera. Or the third girl from the DS verison. Nera should've had a chapter as a party member at some point.
>>
>>2800492
How Xenoblade calls mechs
>>2800481
Yes, mechs play a big role in Xenogears
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.