[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DAYTONAAAAAAA thread motherfuckers Outrun, and other SEGA racers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: 1781794.jpg (290KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1781794.jpg
290KB, 1920x1080px
DAYTONAAAAAAA thread motherfuckers
Outrun, and other SEGA racers welcome as well.
PC port of the XBLA version never, of course
>>
outrun on the saturn + racing wheel is literally heaven
>>
>>2796601
Anyone wanna start a petition for this?
>>
>>2796649
Nuh, i'm okay with my saturn port of daytona.
>>
>>2796651
It's unplayable on PC though.
You can have any racing wheel you want man
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5iALHQICO8
>>
>>2796653
hmm, actually a said pc port wouldn't be a bad idea
>>
>http://youtu.be/SDg0CE8Z3Ao
>http://youtu.be/F3V3tLfSVKg
>You will never have this much passion for something
God damn 90's SEGA was something else
>>
>>2796653

I'm sure you can use something like a titan one to use any controller on a saturn as it basically just uses a PC to clone inputs from one controller to another. If you can use a mayflash adapter on saturn I don't see why you can't use something like that too.
>>
>>2796703
You realize the Saturn port is literally the worst one. The other Saturn port is pretty bad too.
The PSN/XBLA has 720p 60fps gameplay with online. If ported on PC you would probably be able to play it in 1080p and use any racing wheel that you like.
Not to mention that it's trivial to port an XBLA game.
We need a petition and some twitter spamming though. If it worked for Dragon Quest it'll work here
>>
File: Ferrari_F355_Deluxe_2.jpg (66KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Ferrari_F355_Deluxe_2.jpg
66KB, 800x533px
What was their best racer and why was it F355 Challenge?
>>
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmnh4s_daytona-usa-takenobu-mitsuyoshi-let-s-go-away-h-version_videogames

why was this removed from youtube I have no idea
>>
I'm having a hard time gitting gud at SEGA Touring Car. There's a right way to play it but I simply can't, even using a wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0KhFXehR60
>>
>>2796653
>It's unplayable on PC though.
wrong?
>>
>>2796767
I loved that machine. Was probably the last new machine I saw before the last arcade in my area went out.
>>
you don't really need the port when you can emulate the real arcade version and system link it between computers
>>
I still can't believe SCUD Race/Super GT has never been ported.
>>
>>2796649
sega will see the petition and respond by porting another sonic game to steam
>>
>>2797201
Are you referring to the model 2 emulator?
It's very inaccurate, closed source, and finiky to use. Also hasn't been updated in a year, and before that for like 4 years.
Plus netplay is a hassle and never works properly.
Again, the XBLA version of Daytona USA has improved graphics, 60fps, proper online and you can use any wheel that you want without dealing with emulators detecting them and such.
>>
File: RetroPlayseat.jpg (65KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
RetroPlayseat.jpg
65KB, 1024x764px
Sega Rally 95 on PS2
Outrun 2:SP on PS2
Outrun 2 on Xbox (for Outrun 86) on BC360
Daytona USA on BC360
Hydro Thunder: Hurricane (closest you can get to OG) on BC360
Crazy Taxi on BC360

Not too shabby
>>
>>2797573
Jelly as fuck. You should look into Sega's Initial D games on the PS2, they're pretty good.
>>
>>2797601
I would, but from what I remember they have limited english and Logitech G25 compatibility.
>>
Anyone play the 3DS port of Outrun? How is it?
>>
>>2797618
pretty good
>>
>>2797618
All the M2 ports are fantastic.
>>
>>2797563
It still works good enough, you're complaining over nothing.
>>
>>2797617
It's a racing game, pretty damn basic to navigate some menus to play. Don't need jap knowledge. About the wheel it might work with it, my driving force pro does at least.
>>
>>2797729
But it doesn't
Also fuck you for supporting closed source emulators
>>
What's a good cheap wheel for retro games that works on PC?
Preferable with an actual shifter, paddles lock you into sequential
>>
>>2797738
Okay man whatever, you can sit over there complaining while I'll be over here enjoying daytona usa.
>>
>>2797738
It's not like you're a programmer or anything
>>
>>2797741
If you want cheap you cant escape the paddle shifters.
>>
>>2797573
For those that don't have a ps2, wheel support can be emulated with pcsx2 for games that support racing wheels.
>>
>>2797563
Original PC version.
>>
>>2797872
It still works on Windows 7.
>>
>>2798023
Yeah and its trash
Are you people being serious?
>>
>>2798279
Are you using the Direct3D patch? Improves the graphics.
>>
>>2798297
The windows versions are the worst ones next to the first Saturn version.
Meanwhile the version on the XBLA is better than the original arcade cabinet.
You have to be fucking delusional to think that the shit they put on windows 95 is good.
>>
>>2798341
Can't use a wheel with XBLA version can you? Then best version it is not.
>>
>>2798378
It supports whatever wheels the 360 has.
>>
>>2798378
That's why I want a PC port of it
>>
>>2798391
so none
>>
>>2797738
Do you even make use of the source code when it's available?
>>
>>2798436

>fanatec

I can't tell if you're discounting it because it's too expensive or not expensive enough
>>
>>2798673
Hell yeah, for one, it gives it the possibility of being a retroarch core.
Secondly, if anything were to happen to the author, the project continues to live.
Closed source emulators rarely stay around for long.
Also, by allowing the code to be audited, bug fixes can come a lot sooner.
>>
>>2798771
You're free to use mame's worse model 2 emulator instead.
>>
>>2798771
you talk shit
>>
File: racinghero.png (117KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
racinghero.png
117KB, 400x280px
Anyone a fan of Racing Hero? It's a beautiful motorcycle game running on the X board. You can select your route like OutRun, although it's done after each stage rather than taking a fork in the road. The music is excellent, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pFVSdQGi3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPzO1MXS63g
>>
>>2799308
How am I talking shit?
>>2799247
It's actually more accurate, but since MAME's goal is to emulate 1:1, more modern arcade games won't be playable for a while.
>>
>>2797618
One of the best official ports of the game. I just wish it came with Hiro's Sega Ages Saturn remixes.

>>2799318
Racing Hero was a great early soundtrack for Hikoshi Hashimoto.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.